• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starfall Misc Resource

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Many features are cool but very time consuming to implement massive compilation and byte changes. Sometimes you just mess up one byte and screw the entire objective. A patch seems to be a solution but sometimes the space they use had already been occupied in your hack. I was inspired by kleenexfeu's trick to enables the implementation compatible to any in-progress hacks. So, the aim of this thread is creating something fast, easy and flexible to use.^^

I also plan to do the database for generation 3 ROM hacking usage, check my github

[EM] TM/HM expansion
    Spoiler:

[EM] Item expansion
    Spoiler:

Add New Evolution method to Emerald hack
    Spoiler:

Pokédex Expansion Emerald
    Spoiler:

Please report any bug to me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    Is this patch safe to use in expanded Pokemon? Or do we have to re-repoint the tm and tutor compatibility table?

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Do you think you'll do the same kinf of stuff for other games like FR ?

It depends, I did those stuff since I go through some research and notes. I might do it if any same kind of documents presence, but most of the time I work on Emerald.

Btw, here's update, Item expansion hack.
    Spoiler:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Dude can you please so this stuff for fire red that would make my base look even better

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Dude can you please so this stuff for fire red that would make my base look even better

I don't make promise. My main concern now is hoenn game.

Thank you for doing this on Emerald. Firered has enough support, and it's nice to see someone working on the base that needs it more. Ignore Firered! #emeraldmasterrace!

That's true. I feel bad when I can't found any <expand pokemon number> button for Emerald or seen "This rom is not supported!".

Anyway, here's today summision:

Add New Evolution method to Emerald hack
    Spoiler:

Btw, I am doing pokedex expansion hack for Emerald , the progression is quite smooth.
    I plan to do release an empty template version first that allow you to arrange all the stuff yourself and
    then another one with every single generation pokemon data inside, obviously I need some help to document and customize something like
    1. pokedex entries
    2. basestats
    3. TM Compatibility for gen 3 TM list
    4. Tutor Compatibility
    5. Evolution

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    If you want to use my fire red as a base for all the pokedex and base stats and stuff because it's all there I got you covered what you're doing is something really big and I hope it all works out

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    If you want to use my fire red as a base for all the pokedex and base stats and stuff because it's all there I got you covered what you're doing is something really big and I hope it all works out

Great, I will take some time to rip them.:)

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    alright just use the 1.1 version of my patch and the only stat you need to fix is happiny's speed and sp def they need to be swapped

Everything regarding the pokedex is in there so you can be done faster if you use the 1020 beta 1.1 patch

Last edited:

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Guys, for the past few days I almost complete the godamn pokedex expansion with empty template version.
    I assemble the patch and having some testing,

start_poke_expansion_01.png

start_poke_expansion_02.png

start_poke_expansion_03.png

start_poke_expansion_04.png

start_poke_expansion_05.png

I might miss something, but I will try to check all of them and release it ASAP.

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Hey Starfall how is the ripping process working out for ya how do you have it completed or do you still need more time and keep up the good work can't wait for Emerald to become better then fire red

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Hey Starfall how is the ripping process working out for ya how do you have it completed or do you still need more time and keep up the good work can't wait for Emerald to become better then fire red

Still working on empty template, so I haven't start yet. I will probably write a script to rip them, do you have any constant(like ability index and species index) for your rom?

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    The way MRDS ordered his abilites in the Decap and attack rombase are a bit messed up so sadly I don't

I can do species index because I have them all within G3HS but I don't know how I should format it to look like

pokefreak890

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    I'm bascially done doing species index upto gen 4 I just have to do the legends for sinnoh and then I can start on gen 5

Starfall321

OnePunchStarfall
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    Here we go,
    Pokédex Expansion Emerald
    Spoiler:

Back