• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Water, Earth, Fire, Air ~ The ATLA & LOK Fanclub

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

• Welcome to the Avatar the Last Airbender & Legend of Korra Fanclub!

Rules:

•Follow the all PokeCommunity Rules and the General Entertainment Rules.
    •No spamming or trolling please!
    •And have fun!

Members:
    Dedenne1
    Pebbles
    killer150
    Rhajat
    Karous
    Bay Alexison
    Aisu
    countryemo

Username:
    Favorite Element:
    Favorite Character:
    Favorite Episode:

/
    Kyoko
    Caite-Chan
    EvilChameleon
    Spherical Ice
    machomuu
    Schleckenmiester
    solivagant

Last edited:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Username: Pebbles
    Favorite Element: fire and earth... but i would wanna be a light bender, like firebenders can be
    Favorite Character: sokka and aang
    Favorite Episode: where this happens
    cracked me up when i first saw it

tumblr_ljmejjAnZI1qdeoxc.png

QUmMY8N.gif

tumblr_m5ohbaEOuU1r8mj54o4_250.gif

large.gif

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Username:killer150
    Favourite Element: air, cuz I love to fart.
    Favourite Character: Aang and Korra
    Favourite Episode: I gotta say the episode when korra learns air bending.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Username: Caite-chan
    Favorite Element: Earth and Fire
    Favorite Character: Toph, Zuko and Bolin
    Favorite Episode: Way to hard to pick just one...lol.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Username: EvilChameleon
    Favorite Element: Earth
    Favorite Character: The Cabbage Guy
    Favorite Episode: "The Southern Air Temple"

Have a couple of Avatar-related t-shirts. One for water, one for air. Those university ones.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Username: Kyoko
    Favorite Element: Water
    Favorite Character: Katara, Sokka, Zuko, Iroh, Varrick, and Opal EVERYONE
    Favorite Episode(s): The Avatar and the Fire Lord, The Puppetmaster, The Ember Island Players, Avatar Day.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Hey guys welcome to the club! Sorry about the late-ish response but yknow holidays and stuff~
    Username: Pebbles
    Favorite Element: fire and earth... but i would wanna be a light bender, like firebenders can be
    Favorite Character: sokka and aang
    Favorite Episode: where this happens
    cracked me up when i first saw it

tumblr_ljmejjAnZI1qdeoxc.png

QUmMY8N.gif

tumblr_m5ohbaEOuU1r8mj54o4_250.gif

large.gif

Not surprised on the episode choice here xD

Username:killer150
    Favourite Element: air, cuz I love to fart.
    Favourite Character: Aang and Korra
    Favourite Episode: I gotta say the episode when korra learns air bending.
    Spoiler:

Username: Caite-chan
    Favorite Element: Earth and Fire
    Favorite Character: Toph, Zuko and Bolin
    Favorite Episode: Way to hard to pick just one...lol.
    lol its so freaking hard xD And i didnt know you were an avatar fan caite! Nice surprise :3

Username: EvilChameleon
    Favorite Character: The Cabbage Guy
    Favorite Episode: "The Southern Air Temple"

Have a couple of Avatar-related t-shirts. One for water, one for air. Those university ones.
    *rewatches southern air temple episode* lol now i remember! Nice pick and ohh the cabbage guy
    Spoiler:

Also omg cool! I kinda wanna get one with all the 4 elements and all but i just gotta find it now xD

Username: Kyoko
    Favorite Element: Water
    Favorite Character: Katara, Sokka, Zuko, Iroh, Varrick, and Opal EVERYONE
    Favorite Episode(s): The Avatar and the Fire Lord, The Puppetmaster, The Ember Island Players, Avatar Day.
    lol I like your favorite characters xD

Imma do one do cause idk its fun or whatever :3
    Favorite Element:Fire
    Favorite Character: Varrick, Korra, Opal and Mako
    Favorite Episode(s): The Ultimatum, The Ember Island, Turning the Tides and The Avatar and the Fire Lord.

So how about a topic to start off?
    If the creators of ATLA and LOK wanted to make a third companion to ATLA and LOK would you rather have it showcase; a new earthbending avatar, a continuation of legend of korra or a continuation of avatar the last airbender?

Also, just curious here, has anyone read any of the books from the series? :3

Reactions: EC

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    If the creators of ATLA and LOK wanted to make a third companion to ATLA and LOK would you rather have it showcase; a new earthbending avatar, a continuation of legend of korra or a continuation of avatar the last airbender?

Also, just curious here, has anyone read any of the books from the series? :3

1. I would want a couple of different shows: one that takes place between ATLA and LoK and one that has a season focus on each past avatar we've gotten to know. So Book 1: Wan, Book 2: Kyoshi, Book 3: Roku.

For the first one, I wouldn't want it to be a direct sequel to ATLA, I'd want to it take place closer to LoK - around time of the creation of Republic City while the group are still adults and not quite as old as they are in LoK. While Korra was great, I wouldn't want to adjust to a whole new avatar - especially when they have so many great ones they can build stories around. I would LOVE to see the life of Kyoshi.

2. I have read most of the comics, but I haven't gotten to The Rift just yet.

Years
  • Username: Spherical Ice
    Favorite Character: Korra, Amon, Hiroshi Sato, Sokka, Iroh, Tenzin, Zaheer, Kuvira
    Favorite Episodes: I can't choose one, so here are my highlights. I've bolded ones I especially love.
    ATLA: The Blue Spirit, All of Book 2 from Zuko Alone onwards, The Beach, Nightmares and Daydreams, The Western Air Temple, The Boiling Rock, Sozin's Comet Parts 1 - 3 (4 was sort of disappointing)
    Korra: Welcome to Republic City, And The Winner Is..., Beginnings, all of Book 3, Korra Alone, The Calling, Beyond the Wilds, Day of the Colossus, The Last Stand

If the creators of ATLA and LOK wanted to make a third companion to ATLA and LOK would you rather have it showcase; a new earthbending avatar, a continuation of legend of korra or a continuation of avatar the last airbender? I'd definitely like to see what Kyoko described, and agree that it would be better for the series to go backwards in its history instead of forwards at the moment. I'd love seeing a Korra Book 5 though, and I would be up for a ATLA Book 4 too provided it doesn't just retread the contents of the comics.

Speaking of which, I've read the first few comics but have fell behind since. I was so hype when they announced the Korra comics, hopefully we get more than that FCBD one (which was cute but sort of disappointing).

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • Username: Rhajat
    Favorite Character: Iroh, Toph, Korra
    Favorite Episode: The Library

OHAI CAN I JOIN!? I love ATLA and Korra (need to finish Korra >.>)

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • This is me as Toph for one of the Anime conventions I went to with friends.
    Spoiler:

wow you two look so good
    amazing!!!! so jealous
    i wish i could do that with friends, cosplay;-;

i would love to see avatar continue with aang and the rest being adults
    katara getting pregnant etc
    that would be fun and cool to watch, them doing stuff in the world when older​

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • wow you two look so good
    amazing!!!! so jealous
    i wish i could do that with friends, cosplay;-;

i would love to see avatar continue with aang and the rest being adults
    katara getting pregnant etc
    that would be fun and cool to watch, them doing stuff in the world when older​

I agree -- another show on the area in between would be awesome. I want to see more of all of them.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Username: Rhajat
    Favorite Character: Iroh, Toph, Korra
    Favorite Episode: The Library

OHAI CAN I JOIN!? I love ATLA and Korra (need to finish Korra >.>)
    Welcome Cersei, I mean Tharja... I mean Rhajat xD

Username: Spherical Ice
    Favorite Character: Korra, Amon, Hiroshi Sato, Sokka, Iroh, Tenzin, Zaheer, Kuvira
    Favorite Episodes: I can't choose one, so here are my highlights. I've bolded ones I especially love.
    ATLA: The Blue Spirit, All of Book 2 from Zuko Alone onwards, The Beach, Nightmares and Daydreams, The Western Air Temple, The Boiling Rock, Sozin's Comet Parts 1 - 3 (4 was sort of disappointing)
    Korra: Welcome to Republic City, And The Winner Is..., Beginnings, all of Book 3, Korra Alone, The Calling, Beyond the Wilds, Day of the Colossus, The Last Stand

If the creators of ATLA and LOK wanted to make a third companion to ATLA and LOK would you rather have it showcase; a new earthbending avatar, a continuation of legend of korra or a continuation of avatar the last airbender? I'd definitely like to see what Kyoko described, and agree that it would be better for the series to go backwards in its history instead of forwards at the moment. I'd love seeing a Korra Book 5 though, and I would be up for a ATLA Book 4 too provided it doesn't just retread the contents of the comics.

Speaking of which, I've read the first few comics but have fell behind since. I was so hype when they announced the Korra comics, hopefully we get more than that FCBD one (which was cute but sort of disappointing).
    Haha its hard to pick one but you got some nice picks and ohhh especially The Beach!

This is me as Toph for one of the Anime conventions I went to with friends.

Spoiler:
    Omg you guys look so awesome! Ive never cosplayed but your pic makes me want to xD Probably as Mako cause idk easy? Or just cool :3

And ya i gotta say i rather have a legend of korra 5th season with asami and korra dating and all since i feel like ATLA season 4 would just reiterate the comics.

I also gotta ask that question.
    If you had to pick one as the best which one would it be ATLA or LOK? (also what season of whichever you picked did you enjoy the most)

Cersei Lannister

Mad Queen
    Years
  • I'd pick ATLA as the best but I am infinitely biased >.> Korra is really good, maybe when I watch all of it I might change my mind.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Username: My username is
    machomuu, and, hey ladies
    I'm gonna rock you

5-7-5, Sokka. 5-7-5.

Favorite Element: Pretty hard to choose, but for the sake of consistency I'll pick Earthbending. I love the ways that they use it as the series progresses- though traditionally I'd have to say Air, since I think it's a cool element in general and love to see the way it's utilized from here to there. But Toph. And Bolin.

Favorite Character: Oh geez you hate me. Uh...Varrick definitely comes to mind since he was so consistently enjoyable from his first appearance in Korra to the end of the show. I was a big Azula fan when I was younger, she was pretty enjoyable. Same with Toph, who I LOOOOVED back in the day, and Bolin, who only got better as the series went forward.

So...uh...none. Wooh!

Favorite Episode: There are two that stick out to me more than any others- well,3, but they're Tales from Ba Sing Se (for obvious reasons, that episode gets me every time) and The Beginnings, which I think are two of the greatest episodes in Avatar and one of the best self-contained stories I've seen in a show. This was what made season 2 worth it for me since, if you've seen Korra, you know how that season was. It's an absolutely fantastic duology that Avatar fans should watch even if they aren't interested in Korra- or non-Avatar fans should watch if they aren't into Avatar. Especially since it feels pretty Ghibli.

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • Username: Karous

Favorite Element: I should say Fire, but earth and air are portrayed as the most powerful so idk lol. Maybe the dragon dance style of firebending.

Favorite Character: Zuko, Zuko, Zuko, and more Zuko. From LoK, I love Lin Beifong.

Favorite Episode: Zuko Alone, Day of the Black Sun pt. 2

I like the episodes focusing on Zuko, so yeah. I also like the comics focusing on him where we find out what happened to his mom. I probably would not have gotten into Avatar as much if not for Zuko's story.

From LoK, my favorite episode is the flashback when the Beifong family feud started between Toph, Lin, and Suyin. I forget the name but it was in book 3.

Honestly, I'd like a series that didn't feature the Avatar as a main character and just had some randoms explore the rich worldbuilding that Bryke has created. Have the Avatar be all wise and make cameos, but I want a series based on the world of Avatar that wasn't principally about the Avatar but the world they are in.

If you had to pick one as the best which one would it be ATLA or LOK? (also what season of whichever you picked did you enjoy the most)

Neither show is objectively better than the other, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. For example, while TLA has overall stronger characters compared to the hit and miss of LoK's cast of thousands and lays the groundwork for worldbuilding, I like Korra a LOT more than I like Aang (honestly Aang imho is one of the weakest aspects of TLA, I actually slightly dislike him as a character) and the underlying story and themes of LoK are far more interesting than TLA's "Fire Hitler ruins everything". In my own personal opinion, I would rank the books as follows:

LoK book 3
    TLA book 3 (pre-Zuko joining Team Avatar, everything after he joins suffers from poor pacing imho)
    LoK book 4
    TLA book 2
    TLA book 1
    TLA book 3 (post-Zuko joining)
    LoK book 1
    LoK book 2

Last edited:
    Back