• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Dual Thread Owners

Years
  • I think we should have the ability to give more than one person access to edit a thread. However to limit the person from taking over the thread's control (thread hijacking), the person added to the owner list cannot remove the thread creator from the access list. This would be great for teams who make hacks together, as if the main owner can't edit a thread, they can.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I'd love this, I've actually been wanting something like this to be implemented for a long time. It has more than its fair share of uses in several of the sections, and if it's possible it could make things a lot more convenient. I'm certainly for it.

Years
  • Were this to be implemented, I think appropriate punishments should also be introduced (say, an infraction) for "vandalism" of shared posts, so to speak, as that's the main way I can see this getting abused. Moderators also have the ability to view the different revisions of a post and see which user edited it, too, so discerning the culprit wouldn't be difficult, either. It's a good idea!

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing to add, but you can kinda do the same thing by making a joint account for the hack or whatever. Just make the new account and name it after your hack or something and tell all the team members the password to it and then everyone on the team can sign in and edit the posts.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Thats really a great idea!
    Especially for clubs and trade shops that have two owners
    And im assuming you could track who edited when so i dont see anything wrong with this idea!

Years
  • This seems like something interesting to look into, it would certainly make it a lot easier for co-GMs in the RPT and I could see it getting used a fair bit for events and collaboration in WoPC.

I'm also inclined to agree with Spherical that should this come to fruition the rules and edit-viewing would need to be updated accordingly.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I second this, it's very beneficial to those with Trade Shops. But I'm not sure if such complicated feature can be added, moreover that feature shouldn't be taken lightly as it might result into an Edit War. So there should be rules regarding about threads with dual or even multiple owners.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I totally second this. I've seen problems occur in The Underground in which the phase in the title couldn't be changed because the first post was written by a co-GM and I think many of the sections would benefit from the addition.

Years
  • I'm all for this, it'll be very beneficial for some sections such as Trade Shops and Pokemon Clubs where in the event if the owner is unavailable, the additional owner can help cover things for them.

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    I know this is a very old thread, I'm just browsing old suggestions. I wanted to bring to staffs attention I have created a product for this very function already if interested to implement it before vB is gone and PC 3.0 is here. I have not released it on vbulletin.org, but would be willing to share here.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I know this is a very old thread, I'm just browsing old suggestions. I wanted to bring to staffs attention I have created a product for this very function already if interested to implement it before vB is gone and PC 3.0 is here. I have not released it on vbulletin.org, but would be willing to share here.

PC's copy of vbulletin is heavily modified both on the frontend and internally, making plugin or template suggestions made for vB not easily applicable to us. In addition, we'd prefer to avoid unvetted third-party plugins for security reasons. Thanks for the suggestions, but we'll be holding off on this feature for now and will investigate implementing it ourselves once we're on more modern software.

Last edited:

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    I am aware, I just thought maybe the thought could have passed a devs mind like "this is a great idea I just wouldn't know where to begin with it" I know i've had those thoughts myself many times, and just back burned an idea. I was just throwing this out there because I also a very modified vB3 (localhost wise, not my sig) although this was developed for vb3 vanilla it would still be a stepping stone for the devs here to go from. If the idea did intrigue PC that is.

- A small part of the settings
    there are also logs, pending mod requests, and more
    - User Test's Thread he moderates
    - Same forum different thread showing he is not the moderator
    - Request to be a mod of a thread
    - And pending applications for that thread

For the features requested in this thread originally, you would only allow edit permissions. Although the options are extensive and give users practically full admin rights over their threads. Allowing them to ban, edit other posts, etc. but only in their thread or only if a mod or admin allows them to become a topic moderator of that thread.

Again I understand the whole 3rd party scripts, but I also know how good the developers here are, and they would have something to start with. As I sit and wait for an opening to apply after speaking to HS. I was just offering a highly demanded product that doesn't exist elsewhere (unless privately coded) packaged and ready to be altered to the use of this site. So if this is something that staff wants implemented before PC 3.0 and any one of the devs would like somewhere to start, dont be afraid to reach out to me.

Last edited:
    Back