• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the IDEA DUMP thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ever had that grand idea of a RP that you just didn't have time to create and run? Or maybe you just couldn't fit the amazing pieces of the idea together well enough to form a decent RP?

Dump your ideas here! But only if you are okay with someone else picking them up and making roleplays of them without having to give you credit (they can do it if they really feel like it though). Dump = abandon. Or shall we say, here's where you give your ideas out for adoption by anyone who feels like they can be a loving GM. It's still not okay to steal a plot that already is in a RP.​

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I've been wanting to take part in a fantasy-themed role play for quite some time now, but have never been able to get all the details and plot straight. Something that would keep characters close together for interaction, yet with enough space for individual development. Not much of an idea, I know, but if someone ever decides to make one of these.... I'll be the first one to show up.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I wanted to make a Roleplay based off of the Sengoku Jidai with either the dynamic of a Ninja guild (Shinobi) but I am unsure how to work it, and I am just so busy.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • If anyone could pull a mechas/robots apocalypse, that'd be to great.

Years
  • Has anyone thought of doing an RP based off RWBY? (Pronounced Ruby)

For those who don't know what RWBY is, it is a webseries made by the late Monty Oum (may he rest in peace) and distributed by Roosterteeth. Its a cool modern fantasy story with teams that use unique weapons combos like a Scythe mixed with a Sniper Rifle or Brass Knuckles and a Shotgun. Link to the first Red trailer
    Its an awesome webseries if anyone has the time to watch it.

What's really unique about RWBY is that it already has a HUGE OC RP community. People have created their own characters and teams. Also, people are able to work together to create teams of four. So it would be nice to see this come together.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Has anyone thought of doing an RP based off RWBY? (Pronounced Ruby)

For those who don't know what RWBY is, it is a webseries made by the late Monty Oum (may he rest in peace) and distributed by Roosterteeth. Its a cool modern fantasy story with teams that use unique weapons combos like a Scythe mixed with a Sniper Rifle or Brass Knuckles and a Shotgun. Link to the first Red trailer
    Its an awesome webseries if anyone has the time to watch it.

What's really unique about RWBY is that it already has a HUGE OC RP community. People have created their own characters and teams. Also, people are able to work together to create teams of four. So it would be nice to see this come together.

This actually sounds pretty cool!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • If anyone wanted to make an RP based off of the Magi manga that'd be pretty cool. I'm not creative enough to come up with an interesting adventure for it outside of what's already being done.

Also thought about doing a Bleach RP before since I had done a moderately successful D20 based off of it last year that went pretty well. I might make one in a couple of months unless someone else wants to go ahead.

Years
  • I've had so many RPs drafted or brainstormed that will likely never get posted. Amongst those I can think of off the top of my head are

Final Fantasy X
    -both the more traditional kind and one in which summoners compete gladiator style

Zombie Apocalypse
    -Also the Last of Us
    -Also something similar to Higurashi: Outbreak

Robot Invasion
    -Basically the robots attacked and a bunch of people were turned into cyborgs to fight them on equal ground.

Magical Blood Sport
    -An RP where magical people in the modern world fought in illegal underground fights. The RP was supposed to not just focus on the violence and action but also on the corruption and crime in the world.

High Fantasy
    -It involved an original world with all kinds of weird races and things.

-A twisted take on the world of ATLAB and TLOK where the Avatar is actually an evil bastard with a superiority complex. He believes benders to be superior people and starts a fanatical war.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • oh my goodness I have so many things I can post here it's not even funny
    but first I have to figure out which ones I might actually get around to doing haha

Adventure

-Also the Last of Us
    A zombie RP set in the 20 years later scenario when TLoU takes place yes please! Maybe we could have some players be a group of immune people (like Ellie), scouted out by the Fireflies, and other players (like Joel) help getting them through the country. Meaning, we could adapt TLoU's storyline to fit a RP.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • A zombie RP set in the 20 years later scenario when TLoU takes place yes please! Maybe we could have some players be a group of immune people (like Ellie), scouted out by the Fireflies, and other players (like Joel) help getting them through the country. Meaning, we could adapt TLoU's storyline to fit a RP.

That actually sounds pretty good, I can see that working very well. There could be four arcs to the whole story, them being the seasons, just like in the game. The places don't have to be much different than the locations in the game, so the setting shouldn't be too hard to plan.

If I had any spare time leftover I would have loved to make this a reality :x

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That actually sounds pretty good, I can see that working very well. There could be four arcs to the whole story, them being the seasons, just like in the game. The places don't have to be much different than the locations in the game, so the setting shouldn't be too hard to plan.

If I had any spare time leftover I would have loved to make this a reality :x
    YES the seasons make for perfect act divisions, with careful planning by the GM. Oh my. Can we wait until sometime in July and make it then? 8)

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • YES the seasons make for perfect act divisions, with careful planning by the GM. Oh my. Can we wait until sometime in July and make it then? 8)

That sounds good, by then I'll have finished all my exams and be well on my holiday :D we could plan all the details and the nitty-gritty bits by then, before premiering the release in July.

Etherion

I've been planning a detective agency RP, but never had the time to make it

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That sounds good, by then I'll have finished all my exams and be well on my holiday :D we could plan all the details and the nitty-gritty bits by then, before premiering the release in July.
    Late July. I'll be MIA for a lot of the summer haha ;;

I've been planning a detective agency RP, but never had the time to make it
    mspa-office-print.jpg

Back