• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Least favorite evolutions of previous gen Pokemon?

Years
  • What an ugly Pokemon Probopass is. I wasn't a big fan of Nosepass to begin with, and they just made it even weirder looking with its magnetic hat, and mustache that looks like it's coming right from its nostrils. And while a few weaker Pokemon finally got a needed evolution, I still think they could've done a better job on Lickylicky and Tangrowth.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Probopass and Lickylicky are absolutely not necessary. Probopass, Aggron already exists and will always be much better. Lickylicky, eww. Do I really have to say more than that?

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
  • Yeah, everyones right, exactly wut im thinking :P, except for the Togekiss part o.o. I LOVE togekiss <3
    Phobopass definitely was an awful design D: and ugh, tangrowth. Failed attempts to make a pokemon look even cooler :<

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • Ancient power sure has some strange effects on pokemon.
    Personally I disliked yanmas evolution yanmega, a lot of people I know loved its design but I really disliked its dark dull colors. I feel it really stands out sorely given most pokemon have brighter color palettes.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Funny thing is, Probopass is one of the Pokemon that I actually like xD I find his metallic mustache hilarious, and in Pokemon Y I noticed that he looks like a magnet when viewed from above. Really cool! (I just wish he wasn't a Rock type, since Rock/Steel has a lot of weaknesses).

Years
  • I know we're beating the dead horse here, but out of them all, I think Probopass and Lickilicky are the worst of the bunch. And this is coming from me, who loves the previous-gen evolutions. (I think they catch too much flak, but that's just me) But they're just bad, all around. Bad designs, bad names, bad typing, etc. I'm also not too high on Froslass, either, with its arms attached to its head. I really do like the rest, though. Some of my favorite Pokemon.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • I agree with Keiran. I find Lickilicky cute, but Probopass is so gross. My favourites have to be Mamoswine and Weavile.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • Lickilicky is goofy looking enough to be sort of cute. I don't really like Probopass, either, though... poor thing gets so much hate.

And even after using Magmortar myself... I'm still having difficulty warming up to it. (...That wasn't an intentional pun. I swear.)

All of the others though are pretty cool. Rhyperior is another one that gets some flack, but I actually happen to like it~

Years
  • For Magmortar, I like its design, and it does get more stats for Magmar (except Speed). I think that one was decent enough.

But Rhyperior, however, I can understand people think that one wasn't necessary. Some people use Eviolite Rhydon instead. Solid Rock only cuts 1/4 super-effective damage, which isn't horribly much in the big picture except when matched with Sandstorm or such.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Lickilicky, Rhyperior, and Tangrowth seem to get a lot of dislike around here. I personally like those. Lickilicky and Tangrowth are cute, and Rhyperior is a beast in Pokemon Brown.

In fact, I like all of the evolutions, but my least favourites are probably Glaceon and Probopass. Glaceon is overrated in my opinion; it may be cute and strong, but it doesn't have the bulk, speed, or movepool to back it up, and its poor defensive typing doesn't help it. Probopass, while having high defenses, can easily be demolished by a Fighting- or Ground-type attack. Aggron, while having the same typing, makes up for this by being badass and strong, two qualities that Probopass doesn't have.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Lickilicky wasn't really adding anything at all. It's a fatter Lickitung. Just like how Tangrowth's a bigger Tangela...then again, that's basically what evolution is. But really, those two are lacking creativity imo. Magmortar's amazing with its cannon arm, and Rhyperior with its twin horns and armor plating. Electivire...I'm iffy about it, but I like it more than Lickilicky and Tangrowth.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm really not fond of Lickitung, and Lickilicky certcainly didn't help. I honestly have no clue what they were thinking or maybe were on when they designed that hideous thing but they should have not.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think I have an idea of how Lickilicky was conceived:

1. Designer draws a circle.

2. Designer puts Lickitung's face on it.

3. Designer feels that it looks too generic, so he looks around the room for inspiration. He notices that his cell phone has a full Wi-Fi signal.

And the end result:
    lickilicky.jpg

Back