• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Implementing Tapatalk

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2015
    Hi!

I'm F!ame, a sad "mobile user" that would wish to be more active on this community.
    With "mobile user" i refer that i'm 90% of times connected at forum with my mobile, and it's a very uncomfortable experience. Sometimes nav crashes, or loads so slow so i desperate trying to post or replying PMs..
    So what's the solution for me (and for all users that have the same problem as me, that i know that are a lot)? Implementing tapatalk.
    Tapatalk is such an awesome app (for android an iOS) that allows you to connect to lots of forums easily. Some features are disabled, such as profile comments, but the "navigating on the forum" experience is over 9000 better.

I'd be very pleased if you can make this forum compatible with tapatalk, lots of forums have it and yes, its compatible with vBulletin.

Sorry for my bad english and thanks a lot!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2015
    I personally hate it.

We're hard at work developing a responsive style that will adapt better. I don't think something as clumsy as Tapatalk will help us out, especially as we're shifting the forum in another direction. At this point, third-party solutions won't benefit us at all.

But making this forum compatible with an third-party app is not a problem, no? You can connect to forum with the nav in the same way, this is only a thing for making users like me connecting easier to PokéCommunity, we don't obligate people to connect from tapatalk.

I hope you understand me, bcs i didn't found a better way to explain you that and english is not my native language as you can see XD

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • In the past we've tried to offer as many different options as possible. We had an iOS app and an Android app and a semi-mobile theme and blah blah blah.

We've also had this habit of offering options for everything--toggle this on and off, move this feature here if someone wants it, turn that off, etc. etc. We've found that through all of these options we've ended up with a really shattered and fragmented user experience that's hard to manage. Bugs for one or two users who have a specific setup that 10,000 other people don't see, effort going into too many little places.

Going forward we're making an effort to have a more cohesive experience. Basically that means we won't be offering a billion options for everything. Like Jake said, we're going to launch a responsive style so that you can browse PC just from the browser on your phone. We've already pulled the iOS and the Android apps from their respective stores.

Sorry for reviving an old topic but, can I get more information on this? Is it a theme, an app or what? When will it come?

I too came here looking for Tapatalk as I am personally using this and loving it..

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    vB 3.8.X is supported by Tapatalk, so provided that PC would have all the necessary features offered within; I don't see why it wouldn't be a viable option right now. The mobile development is slow, and I imagine will take quite a while still until it released. Until then, I suggest allowing users to avail of Tapatalk until a better solution arises (being the integrated mobile style).

I know introducing a 3rd party app so that users can browse the site on mobile is not the most favourable thing to do, but PC is a total pain to browse via mobile/tablet. Essentially a lot of the activity on the forum can be sucked away if users don't have a feasible way of browsing on mobile. Given how popular and important mobile browsing is now: I would personally want to make my site accessible for such devices.

While having another method of accessing PC makes things slighly more fragmented, at least it actually offers a usable platform. Currently I see mobile browsing on PC as completely unusable. I highly suggest that staff look into integrating something like Tapatalk, or some solution to the lack of mobile accessibility for PC sooner rather than later, it really needs to become a priority. The longer PC goes without a responsive platform, the more it falls behind as a website.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • You all know we do have a couple styles that work well enough with mobiles (check out "Fundamental" and "[WIP] Mobile Skin") if you are having issues using one of the standard themes..

One of our top priorities in the remake is to get a working mobile friendly design up as default... hang on just a bit longer guys it's coming soon™!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Isn't Tapatalk that annoying pop-up on some forums when you're browsing on a mobile device?

Also, PokéCommunity works just fine for me on a tablet, but I know phones are smaller and have less memory(?) so it would be different.

Years
  • Any forum that has Tapatalk will have that "Hey, this site has a Tapatalk page! Go download it and use it!" popup happen the first couple times you visit their board when not signed in.

One of our top priorities in the remake is to get a working mobile friendly design up as default... hang on just a bit longer guys it's coming soon™!

This is definitely the biggest issue I encounter when I pull up PC for the first time on a new mobile device. Then I switch over to a style that's not so heavy on images and JavaScript dependent features and it instantly becomes mostly painless to browse.

The various PokeLink styles and various PC Pro styles all work fairly well on mobile as well.

Back