• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: "Staff" for Plug DJ

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
  • Hello, there, I have another suggestion to do for you guys. I think there has to be a "Moderator" for the PC Plug DJ Community. I'm not saying create a whole new forum for the Plug DJ, keep the thread, it's alright. I mean, there are some of us that are really active on Plug DJ. As I'm one of them, I'd like to have one of us take care of the Plug DJ. It's the same case as the Battle server, and we only need about 4 or 5 and that would be enough. The Staff must be commonly active on Plug DJ, like the people we usually meet on Plug DJ.

I'd recommend, El Héroe Oscuro to be a Plug DJ staff, but I reckon that would be too much for them. There are always people active on Plug DJ, and I recommend having someone company them. I found myself stranded alone on the community, and that's no fun. Heck, I'd love to be a staff myself. Thanks for reading my suggestion, Have a nice day.

Years
  • Considering that the DJ thing is supposed to be a fun little side thing run by some people, and isn't something that's official...the chance of it getting staff for it specifically (aside from the ones who already help to run it) are slim to none. :X

(Are there even that many people that use it? Honest question, I've popped in there a few times myself, but usually when I did there were only a handful of people at most.)

Years
  • Considering that the DJ thing is supposed to be a fun little side thing run by some people, and isn't something that's official...the chance of it getting staff for it specifically (aside from the ones who already help to run it) are slim to none. :X

(Are there even that many people that use it? Honest question, I've popped in there a few times myself, but usually when I did there were only a handful of people at most.)

It depends, there's four or five of us who are on a lot and the most I have seen on at one time was about ten. I don't think that such an amount is really worth having official staff for it and I like that it isn't necessarily tied to the same rules as official PC stuff. Technically speaking though, El Heroe is staff for the room anyway since he owns it.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Considering that the DJ thing is supposed to be a fun little side thing run by some people, and isn't something that's official...the chance of it getting staff for it specifically (aside from the ones who already help to run it) are slim to none. :X

It has a fair amount. It's not so much the quantity of the users but moreso their fidelity.

I sort of think there should be moderating going on but not assigned to any specific person. My only issue with Plug DJ is I think there should be a ten-minute limit on any one person's video. I'm sure that can be automated somehow.

Years
  • It has a fair amount. It's not so much the quantity of the users but moreso their fidelity.

I sort of think there should be moderating going on but not assigned to any specific person. My only issue with Plug DJ is I think there should be a ten-minute limit on any one person's video. I'm sure that can be automated somehow.

That would interfere with a lot of the "mini-events" some of us have planned for the future. Our comedy day was a lot of fun but would have been significantly less so with a limit like that. I think if you have a problem with how long a track is just ask whoever is playing it to skip ahead, most of us are accommodating and would gladly do so.

The only issue is when people play things like full albums but don't pay attention to the Plug page. I think perhaps a note could be made about that on the OP, but I don't think official moderation or automatic time-limits are the way to go. Perhaps if this level of activity grows or the level of activity expands more over a period of time then it will be a little more worth looking into. As it stands though I think things are fine.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • The only issue is when people play things like full albums but don't pay attention to the Plug page.

Im-Shocked-gif.gif

I've seen ranks called "regulars" in the Smite Plug.dj (where I go when nobody's on the PC one), they're not mods but have small icons next to their usernames (basically just an acknowledgement, no actual responsibility).

Years
  • Im-Shocked-gif.gif

I've seen ranks called "regulars" in the Smite Plug.dj (where I go when nobody's on the PC one), they're not mods but have small icons next to their usernames (basically just an acknowledgement, no actual responsibility).

That doesn't really serve any other purpose than to stroke egos, so I don't think it is necessarily a big thing to consider. I mean, if it get's implemented (assuming it doesn't happen automatically) then that'd be pretty cool (and I'd expect a little symbol) but it isn't really important in the grand scheme of things.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Id rather see the VIP Forum have a dedicated moderator before Plug Dj got one, but that's just me.

Anyways, I'm flattered mimi but the Plug DJ room we've got going doesn't need a moderator for it. I really enjoy the community vibe that comes from it and Id rather not stroke people's egos by having people be of "higher authority" than others (sorry Fox, love you bud xoxo <3.)

That being said, this is your little oasis of fun so you guys collaboratively can decide whether or not you want to put a limit on song play times. I think there's already a good system in place where you can just skip songs by downvoting it, but if marz thinks it's a serious issue then we can look at it more. And gimmie, I think the time limit is more being related to full music albums than comedy, as I think it's completely understandable for a routine to be ten minutes or over. Plus if the person is funny then it really shouldn't matter haha.

So yeah. You guys are basically in control of what direction the Plug DJ room goes in. It's a democracy after all, so whatever you guys collaboratively decide in the end will be downright gucci on my end. We can talk about this more over the next few days in the VIP Forum Plug DJ thread.

Highest I've witnessed was 12 people, so the room has garnished a lot of interest considering we just created this a few weeks ago.

Years
  • Id rather see the VIP Forum have a dedicated moderator before Plug Dj got one, but that's just me.

Anyways, I'm flattered mimi but the Plug DJ room we've got going doesn't need a moderator for it. I really enjoy the community vibe that comes from it and Id rather not stroke people's egos by having people be of "higher authority" than others (sorry Fox, love you bud xoxo <3.)

That being said, this is your little oasis of fun so you guys collaboratively can decide whether or not you want to put a limit on song play times. I think there's already a good system in place where you can just skip songs by downvoting it, but if marz thinks it's a serious issue then we can look at it more. And gimmie, I think the time limit is more being related to full music albums than comedy, as I think it's completely understandable for a routine to be ten minutes or over. Plus if the person is funny then it really shouldn't matter haha.

So yeah. You guys are basically in control of what direction the Plug DJ room goes in. It's a democracy after all, so whatever you guys collaboratively decide in the end will be downright gucci on my end. We can talk about this more over the next few days in the VIP Forum Plug DJ thread.

Highest I've witnessed was 12 people, so the room has garnished a lot of interest considering we just created this a few weeks ago.

I get that the issue was directed more at songs than the comedy videos we were playing, I'm just concerned that if it were possible to create a more permanent time limit it might be hazardous towards other things we might do.

I think you are right though, this is something the Pluggers should talk about as a group.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Plug DJ is not nearly active enough to warrant...a mod? I'm not even sure how we'd enforce an off-site website like that. It's impossible.

But you're taking for granted the people that show up to play songs together. Often we accidentally leave 10+ min songs on, but that's rare. The regular members that show up daily to Plug (gimme, Sonata, Fox, myself, Marz, and a handful more) are cordial, cohesive, and responsible. Nobody plays anything offensive or rude, nobody has been forcibly removed, and if our sole issue is playing troll songs/10+ min songs, then we're doing fine. Besides that, if the group asks that person to skip their long track, we often do. We're a good bunch and we just come for music, so this idea seems overblown given our size and level of maturity.

Back