• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi Everyone

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Hello all,

I am a Pokémon Trainer from way back. I began playing these games with Red and Blue on my original Nintendo GameBoy. Needless to say I've seen and done it all, when it comes to Pokémon. What brings me here is the possibility of trading Pokémon when X and Y release, and maybe meeting a few fellow trainers who are up for a battle or two (I warn you, since I've been an expert for years, beating me isn't going to be easy. I don't lose).

Quick question: Can real-world Pokemon items be traded on these forums? For example; the Pokemon Rumble U NFC figures?

Thanks,
    The Shadow Trainer

Years
  • Hey there ShadowTrainer! Welcome, welcome, welcome to the forum~

Ahh, I'm sorry to say but you can't physically trade goods or anything here, just as you're not allowed to sell products for money. We can't really provide protection against those things and encourage members not to give out personal information like addresses. There are plenty of other sites out there that'd do that job pretty well, though; I'm sure you'll find lots there. :3

Pokemon trading's a very great thing to dive into here, however, especially since we're likely going to get a larger influx of members joining around X and Y to participate in things. You should speculate and discuss in our sixth generation board while you wait, or perhaps poke around the Trade Corner to get a feel for things there. There's lots to do before October rolls around so go on and familiarize yourself with this place! Since I finally have Wi-Fi I'll be able to try out trading in the upcoming generation myself so perhaps we'll end up trading. What version are you going to get? <3

Have fun on PokeCommuntiy, Shadow! Stick around and perhaps you can consider helping out members new to the franchise if they're ever lost. You seem like an expert, which is pretty awesome.

Years
  • Hey Shadow and welcome to PC!

I guess Cirno there already covered you by showing you Trade Corner and the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y sections. I'm excited for the new games as well, and the speculation can be crazy but it's really fun because you never know what you might discover. I'm glad I got a 3DS early and I'm hoping my wi-fi finally lets me into Trade Corner since my DS Lite was incompatible with it. Any plans on your team, what starter you're choosing and which version you'll be playing? I'll be definitely having a Froakie on my team for sure.

Aside from what was mentioned, there's loads of sections you can check out and you might even make new friends along the way. The staff there, such as Cirno are always there if you have a question, and they aren't too hard to spot either. Have fun Shadow and we hope you stick around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2014
    Thank you for the welcome posts! Sorry I've been gone a while. Will be sure to post and help out others as much as I can.

...Any plans on your team, what starter you're choosing and which version you'll be playing? I'll be definitely having a Froakie on my team for sure.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

No solid plans yet, as there really isn't much known about the new Pokémon so far. I think I've already decided to pick Fennekin as my starter, since I've pretty much always chosen the Fire type starter since Charmander in Blue version. Tradition.

Last edited:
    Back