• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What's Your Rival's name?

salemboy94

Samurai Dragonmaster
Years
  • Definitely "Yogurt XD" That was my rival's name in SS, and I've decided I like it. It makes me laugh every time I read it.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • I just name based on looks. I named Barry Jerry which is weird because it rhymes. I didnt even know he was Barry. I named Silver Garth.
    Possible Names:
    Guy:
    Arthur
    Lenny
    Quince
    Vincent
    Girl:
    Ariana
    Luci
    Janna
    Diane
    Im just thinking here...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    Since Im Ryu..I usually name the rival after Street fighter characters since I got alot of jokes about my name back in the day....If its a guy :Akuma or Ken If its a girl : Viper or Cammy

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
  • Well I've named my character Tangy since Saphire as it applies to either the guy or girl ;]
    Then I usually go with some other flavor for my rival depending on their personality.
    Like in HG/SS the rival was always so mad when he lost and when I think mad I think Spicy :]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    I always chose names that are both for male and female so it's not a problem with me. :3

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Well, basically:

080428.gif

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2011
    Either Gutsman, just for saying "DU NUUUUUU" every time I battle him/her, or one of the default names depending on what they are.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • I named mine ♪ xD the symbols just looked cool. I chose the smiley face as my own name
    2db4j9e.png

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2016
    I might name him/her Blue after the girl in Pokemon Adventures Manga( or after the rival's name in the introduction to the Official HG SS Guide )

Back