• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Setting up Roaming Pokemon

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
  • I'm trying to add roaming Pokemon to my game, and while i'm sure I did everything right (I even ran the stuff by another person who's working on Essentials, and they said it looked fine as well), I had to have done something wrong, because I keep getting weird errors left and right. This is the latest error.
    tumblr_nlih7kQsSJ1r1kfxfo1_500.png

And this is what the roaming section looks like in my settings: Link

I feel like I'm at my wit's end with this, and everything I've tried has turned up in failure. I'd really appreciate if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong, because after spending hours looking at this infernal array I cannot figure it out.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    When does this error occur? Who are you trying to find? What's on the line 418 in PokemonMap?

Years
  • Nobody, it just happens sometime after I activate my roamer's events. As for what's on 418:
    2321cc9638.png

My first thought is that MetadataMapPosition is not defined for you, because the line calling that is
    Code:
    roamermeta=pbGetMetadata(currentArea,MetadataMapPosition)
    currentArea should be correct, assuming you set up your RoamingAreas hash correctly. So maybe you upgraded improperly or something, but I think MetadataMapPosition is missing.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Have you tried starting a new game, rather than continuing with an existing save?

Back