• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Songs/Videos that make you sad?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I was just curious. I came across one that really broke my heart. See, Jui or Duckie as I obviously like to call him, had a younger sister. She died in 2006. During his days in Vidoll before they disbanded and he formed Gotcharocka, he wrote a song for her called "Sister". Well, in the live version of the song, he starts talking about it and nearly breaks down. During the song, he's crying yet holding back his tears. It's so heartbreaking because apparently they were really close.

I read that she had sent him an email, but he was too busy to read it. Then, she ended up dying a month later. :( So, yeah. I watched the video last night, and I almost couldn't watch it because it was just so heartbreaking for me.

Spoiler:

Another song that makes me sad is called Reila, but not as much now as the song above. It's by the GazettE, and there is this rumor (which I believe is true) that Ruki wrote it about his girlfriend. The rumor goes that he had a girlfriend who received never ending death threats from fangirls and what not. Well, she ended up killing herself. I believe the story is true. Ruki says it's not but... I have a feeling it is. I mean, of course he's not going to admit his fangirls made her kill herself. Do you know what that would do to him? D:

Spoiler:

So, anyway... what songs/videos make you feel sad? Is there a reason why they do? Perhaps, maybe it's a song that the person wrote for a good reason? Discuss~

Years
  • Spoiler:

This one hits me in the stomach whenever I hear it and it's enough of a well-known song that every now and then it shows up somewhere unexpected like over the radio in a store or on a commercial.

It's a kind of wistful, bittersweet song. It's got some sad memories associated with it for me, and on top of that IZ was a really talented guy and died way too young. But despite that there's a kind of hopefulness to the song which just makes it that much more heart-wrenching.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I have a hard time listening to this one because it just reminds me of better times that I can't get back.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Surprised this wasn't mentioned yet. :P Sad song for very obvious reasons.

This one makes me sad too because it reminds me of my ex-best friend. Well, it used to at the time I guess. Because of the words:

And if you have to leave
    I wish that you would just leave
    'Cause your presence still lingers here
    And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
    This pain is just too real
    There's just too much that time cannot erase

Those lyrics always hit my hard when I think of her. It took me years to finally get over her, and I finally did after a while. I still think about her every now and then, but it's not like I miss her the way I used to. *shrug*

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • a lot of the music I love makes me feel sad. that's kind of a problem. I just love music that's really emotional in either direction!!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Just a few for obvious reasons. There's a ton of older country songs that get me teary eyed that I won't list because this post could get really long.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back