• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VGC help

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    So last year Pachirisu astounded many with it's versatility. Since then, many disruptors have appeared, and new strategies pop up all the time. This is one of them.

Now I'm no VGC veteran. In fact, I'm not even 3 months into playing the format. I watch a ton of shadypenguinn, the YouTuber, and one of his popular pokemon surprised me. Prankster Meowstic. Now I know he's common, but the thing that shocked me was the use of Charm and Confide. The latter I always deemed a tad useless, but it saved his butt more than once.

Then I looked up what was better than Confide. Turns out, only one move is better without fainting your pokemon: Eerie Impulse. This rare move was only on a few pokemon, but turns out, one also had access to Charm: Dedenne.

TL;DR: I found Dedenne, and wanna use it.

This is what I came up with.

Dedenne@Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Cheek Pouch
    -Charm
    -Eerie Impulse
    -Nuzzle
    -Super Fang

Conkeldurr@Assault Vest
    Ability: Guts/Iron Fist
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Knock Off
    -Rock Slide

Talonflame
    Ability: Gale Wings
    -Tailwind
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird
    -Flare Blitz

Milotic
    Ability: Competitive/Marvel Scale
    -Scald
    -Icy Wind
    -Recover
    -Protect

Amoongus@Black Sludge
    Ability: Regenerator
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Giga Drain
    -Rage Powder
    -Protect

Gardevoir@Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace/Telepathy (Pixilate)
    -Hyper Voice
    -Psyshock
    -Energy Ball
    -Protect

I need stat balances, and I feel I'm missing something. Not sure what, and I tested to try and find it. Only lost due to a mis-play, which I failed to predict a switch. So I turn to you guys. Thoughts/Suggestions?

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • So just a couple things I'm noticing out of the gate:

You're gonna want a Sitrus Berry on your Amoongus, and Spore is an invaluable asset to a team that is for the most part slow. It would best to pick one of your attacking moves to keep and swap the other out. Sludge Bomb will be a good choice for the fairies that threaten Conkeldurr and Giga Drain will pair will with Conk to eliminate Terrakion and Water types, which you don't have much to check with right now.

Considering that the team is altogether slower than not, I would run Quick Guard on your Talonflame in place of Tailwind and replace Gardevoir's Energy Ball with Trick Room. Tailwind tends to work best on teams with a large number of middle-speed members (base speed 70-90), and not much of yours falls into that category.

Ice Punch is preferred on Conkeldurr over Rock Slide but Rock Slide is the best move in the meta, so I'd try both out to see how you fair

Otherwise, I think the team is looking good. Coverage-wise you are most weak to Poison, Psychic and Flying.

Years
    • He/Him
    • CT
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    Ok, thank you for the input. My problem with that is move space. It's easy to body Gardevoir like that, and as you pointed out, I lack a strong grass move.

If I was going trick room, Meowstic would be much better, as prankster would guarantee it going off, but then I may as well get rid of Dedenne, which was the point of the team.

If I wasn't so partial against running Mega-Khanga, I'd change Conkeldurr with that, and run a faster grass type with poison moves.

Basically, I want this team around Dedenne, and without Sitrus Berry, it's ability is wasted. The other 5 can be anything, honestly.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Gotcha. It seems a little silly to build a team around your support Pokemon, but how about this in place of Amoongus?

Breloom @ Focus Sash/Choice Scarf
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Spore
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Protect/Rock Tomb

And then one of these in place of Conkeldurr:

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Knock Off / U-turn
    - Protect

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • You could invest in your Talonflame's special bulk to check Fairies. Your team isn't particularly Fairy-weak.

Back