• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Keeping in mind that I'm so used to the mores of competitive RP that my writing becomes awkward should a fight break out over the course of a story.

I know what you mean. I sometimes have that trouble too.

@PkmnTrainerYellow: 1) I wasn't suggesting that he still is. I was more refering to being searched by Looker/Handsome just to answer some questions about the event that's all, even if by official police standards all charges against him have more or less been dropped by this point lD and 2) Wow really? Biggest and most active Pokemon RP on the net? Wow oAo

On a Side Note:

I'm getting close to finishing planning for N's first class. . . Not going to be the day everyone gets back since according to Yellow it's supposed to be Type mastery day or whatever plus Halloween, but still I can say it will happen soon oAo

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Largest Pokemon RP on the net? I don't doubt it. XD Adn what's funny is that we're still in the beginning of it. We're only a few days in. Not even a week yet. :D Though, after what Yellow said, time seems to have no meaning anymore. XD :7: It's still hard to believe this RP has been around longer than I have here. :D

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
the RP has been here longer then I have. in solid hours atleast. I saw it way back when it was still starting (first page and everythign) and thought it would be boring RPing as a kid in a TEEN RP. (I'm sixteen so yeah age matters to me.) now I've proved myself wrong and I've onyl posted three times. speaking of which I was readign the thread and my hope was crushed we're still at the dance aren't we?

Nideous

Years
Ok. People know that Brian will be recieving an Eevee soon. :7: So, I've been thinking. I'm torn between Flareon, Jolteon, and Leafeon. XD But that brings me to my question. How would I evolve him into a Leafeon? Because it requires being in a certain location to work...

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
[FONT=&quot]Hope this is okay.

Name (First, Middle-optional and Last): James Eugene Vincent

Nickname (Optional): Jimmy

Dorm: Raikou Dorm (did the test wrong on purpose, as he was reluctant to do it but had no choice)

Appearance (A picture can be provided instead of a description if you so wish): James looks more or less like this:

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
6b25bbjames301p.jpg
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Personality (How does your character act and react to others? Their mental state? Flaws and/or personal weaknesses?): [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]James is one odd kid. He acts like a tough guy who has no fear, using phrases and words he learned while hanging out in the streets, mainly from bikers and thugs, to intimidate other people. He is very volatile and will turn to violence quickly and, most of the times, unnecessarily. As long as you don't try to meddle in his affairs, and stay out of his way, he won't hurt you...much. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The source of this "tough guy" persona might come from his childhood. Many say that the reason of why he is a troublemaker is because there is a void in his heart that he needs to fill, and that he is desperate to get attention. Others say that [/FONT][FONT=&quot]his behaviour is repressed anger against his parents that he takes out on everyone else. Another bunch of people believe he can be helped so he can be nicer, while some others say he's pure evil. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] But, in spite of this angry, aggresive, mean, and shady side of his, James is known show kindness amd compassion once in a blue moon. An example of this is when he saved a Koffing from a building that was about to be torn down. This kind Jim, however, is buried very deep inside of him. Very, very, VERY deep inside. I wouldn't suggest trying to dig it up. Unless, of course, you are willing to take the risk of making things worse and getting beat up.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]History (Where did your character grow up? Who did they grow up with? What have the been doing before this? Any noteworthy events? What brought them to the academy?): 10 lines minimum

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]James was born in Saffron City and practically raised in the streets of said city. His parents paid little attention to him because they were too busy arguing and fighting. Then, when he turned seven, his father left and his mother started dating. A lot. He received even less attention, and this led him to spend most of the day hanging out in the street, coming back home only to eat and sleep.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]One of the many days he was hanging out, he wandered inside an abandoned building that was going to be torn down and found a stray Koffing inside. The Pokémon was a bit hostile to him at first, having been abandoned there by another human, and sent the young boy running out of there. The next day James went back to the building to confront the Koffing, and as he neared it he saw it was being demolished. He could hear the Koffing's faint screams from inside, and rushed inside to save him. The poor Pokémon was on the ground, having been hit by the big ball and about to fall unconscious. The boy grabbed him and took him out of there. The Pokémon was grateful for what James had done, and the two became friends. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tired of putting up with being ignored by his mom and seeing her have a different boyfriend every week, James developed a temper and started getting in trouble with local residents, especially with biker gangs. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the day of his fifteenth birthday, James and Smokey were taking a stroll in the Underground Path between Celadon and Lavender when a biker gang known as the Kanto Pokémon Association came to harass him. James' temper upset the bikers and they sent out their Pokémon to get him. Thanks to Smokey's special move, Psybeam, Jimmy was able to defeat them and make them leave. After the battle, James found a Pokéball lying on the floor. Fully aware of what it did and how it was used, he threw it at Smokey, successfully catching it. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A few days after that event, his mother heard he had had a battle from one of her boyfriends and almost immediately sent him to Oak's Pokémon Trainer Academy, against James' will, blaming her son for her love life and her inability to find a steady boyfriend. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Pokémon (Maximum of 3. No legendaries, 'shiny' or stage 3 pokémon. Oddly colored but not specifically 'shiny' pokemon are allowed, however.):
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Species: Koffing
Nickname(Optional): Smokey
Personality (Can be as short or long as you want, but cannot be excessively vague): Like his master, Smoke doesn't like others much, and . When angered, he will blow smoke in the air to calm down.
Lvl(Max 20): 19
Moves(Maximum of 6. TMs and egg moves are allowed): Poison Gas, Psybeam, Smog, Tackle, Selfdestruct.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Ok. People know that Brian will be recieving an Eevee soon. :7: So, I've been thinking. I'm torn between Flareon, Jolteon, and Leafeon. XD But that brings me to my question. How would I evolve him into a Leafeon? Because it requires being in a certain location to work...

. . . I'd never thought of that. For now, I'm going to go ahead and make a decission in that there is a strange room inside a cave on the icy planes where an eevee can evolve into a glaceon and a strange boulder in the swamplands where an eevee can evolve into a leafeon. =P

Also, Charcharx's character is accepted. c:

At some point tomorrow I'm going to post here in the OOC that it's time to start heading back.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years

. . . I'd never thought of that. For now, I'm going to go ahead and make a decission in that there is a strange room inside a cave on the icy planes where an eevee can evolve into a glaceon and a strange boulder in the swamplands where an eevee can evolve into a leafeon. =P

Also, Charcharx's character is accepted. c:

At some point tomorrow I'm going to post here in the OOC that it's time to start heading back.

I would have thought more along the lines of Leafeon evolving by a Leaf Stone and creating an Ice Stone for Glaceon.

Dawn

Years
I figured it would be more than appropriate to keep the location based evolutions location based.

Nideous

Years
In GOD, there was no day and night system. So, they still evolved by happiness, but you had to have a certain key item for either one. A Key Item you obtain right in the beginning, I might add. You can pick from a Fire Stone, Thunder Stone, Water Stone, Espeon's Key Item, and Umbreon's Key Item. XD :7: Maybe I play too much GOD. XD

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Plus (just to wade in on this myself) the rules of stone-based evolution have been changed anyway to make them one option rather than the /only/ option - seeing as stones are meant to be rare items and all and not exactly something you wander into the Academy pokemart to buy.

Dawn

Years
I seem to be detecting a large aversion to the original way. If you guys really wanted, we could change it up.

I personally feel like the original ways are a lot more fun, but hey...

Regardless, I'm going to be heading up to the mountains today and I'll be staying there through the weekend. That means very limited internet access. I should be able to get on and post at least once - twice per day though despite this.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Alright guys, your next post should detail your character getting back to the academy and by that I mean the entire trip. (Massive details not required for every little thing, obviously.) (Remember, it's a train to Vermilion and a boat to the island from there.) It'll be somewhere around 10-11 PM by the time the students get back, so that means it'll be bed time for anyone that isn't an insomniac. (However, as per usual insomniacs are expected to detail what they do over night in a single post, as we'll be moving on to the next day regardless.)

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Wait, we're heading back? And just as things were really getting awkward with Brian and Adria. XD

And I'm good with the original way. :7: Even if you add new ways, I think you should keep the original ways too. And I think Sprinkles the eevee will show up sometime tomorrow as opposed to later. :D

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I'm havign a fail moment I cant find my own SU post and I don't remember my team's moves. I sure hope I can find the file on my computer amidst all my manuscripts.

Dawn

Years
I'm havign a fail moment I cant find my own SU post and I don't remember my team's moves. I sure hope I can find the file on my computer amidst all my manuscripts.

As a matter of fact, jasonwolf, I archive everyone's SUs here in the OOC thread. Go to the first post here on the first page and look for the "Player Teams" spoiler to find them. Every single character's SU and team is there available to the public eye. c: Regardless here's yours for your convenience.

Isaac Deladius
Spoiler:

Also, Mick Fizz's character is approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back