• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Hordes!

Years
  • Anybody else think about this yet? Since hord battles are alittle(or so we asume) unfair, that maybe there will be attacks designed for hord battles. Those attacks would likely only be used in hord battles, or have a higher multiplyer for hords? I don't know. Maybe we will have 4 hord attacks and 4 notmal battle attacks? 0.0 this is just a idea. I mean really? This would ne a cool thing to see. I mean sure surf and stuff attack multipul pokemon, but I just think attacks designed to battle against hords would be cool to.

Pinta77

Sounds awesome! How will you catch one though? Will you have to ko the other 4?

Years
  • Sounds awesome! How will you catch one though? Will you have to ko the other 4?

I remember wild double battles in gen v. I think. And I'm pretty sure you could capture 1 pokemon and still continue the battle. So I beilive they might keep it like this. Tho I could also agree that it will end after a capture, due to 1vs 5 being overwhelming, so they end it after you capture 1 of the 5 horde pokemon. I would like to see the battles continue tho.

Years
  • I am afraid to see what a Wailord horde is going to look like!

Also, I am hoping we get some Audino and Happiny/Chansey/Blissey hordes for some insane experience points. You could go up 2 or 3 levels in one battle.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Seems nice but how is any one monster going to stand up to five at once unless one outlevels them by 20+?

I can see a lot of new attacks being made just for the purpose of using them against hordes, as in attacks that will damage all other Pokémon in play (like the new Boomburst)
    I would assume any multi-attack moves such as Rock Slide would affect all enemies in horde battles.

Years
  • Anybody else think about this yet? Since hord battles are alittle(or so we asume) unfair, that maybe there will be attacks designed for hord battles. Those attacks would likely only be used in hord battles, or have a higher multiplyer for hords? I don't know. Maybe we will have 4 hord attacks and 4 notmal battle attacks? 0.0 this is just a idea. I mean really? This would ne a cool thing to see. I mean sure surf and stuff attack multipul pokemon, but I just think attacks designed to battle against hords would be cool to.

I don't see this happening but it would be so cool. I guess because we've had Pokemon Contest and you never got a separate moveset for those.

Okay so here's what I think. There's two ways to go about Horde battles:

One would be that they are rare, can be found anywhere, and require no special condition to be met in order to find them. This one seems REALLY unlikely for several reasons.
    And the other more logical approach, and what I think it will be like, would be similar to the 'double grass' in Gen V. If I remember correct, in Gen V 'double grass' was a lot harder to access, and you had to use HM's or work your way around to get to it. I think this is how they're going to go about doing Horde battles. I also think that, like gen V, Hordes aren't the only types of battle you can find in the 'Horde grass', also being able to find single battles. I don't know how they'll do this for caves, but with Surfing I think it'll just be a darker patch of water.

With the whole abilities, I thought that MAYBE they just won't include any Pokemon with abilities that'll just mind**** us out completely. Then I went on Serebii and it turns out Tauros has Intimidate. GG GameFreak.

One way of doing this is that one Pokemon is selected at random and only that Pokemon's ability plays out. But I deem this highly unlikely, and personally think that abilities will play out just as normal.

I would assume any multi-attack moves such as Rock Slide would affect all enemies in horde battles.

Yup, this is already confirmed as with Gogoat using Rock Slide against a bunch of Houndour.

Also, with people saying that they'll introduce a lot more wide-range attacks, I think this is most likely going to happen. In one of the battles they showed at the Japan Fair or something, Helioptile was seen using Rock Slide. Now, a few things on this.

1. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I never would've expected Helioptile to learn Rock Slide. Maybe after evolution, but not as it is.

2. The reason I bring this up, is because maybe they are introducing/making old multi-hits attacks more accessible. THEN again, Helioptile already learns Parabolic Charge, so not too sure..

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Also, with people saying that they'll introduce a lot more wide-range attacks, I think this is most likely going to happen. In one of the battles they showed at the Japan Fair or something, Helioptile was seen using Rock Slide. Now, a few things on this.

1. I'm not sure about everyone else, but I never would've expected Helioptile to learn Rock Slide. Maybe after evolution, but not as it is.

2. The reason I bring this up, is because maybe they are introducing/making old multi-hits attacks more accessible. THEN again, Helioptile already learns Parabolic Charge, so not too sure..
    It gives me the impression that Helioptile doesn't evolve to/from anything.

Years
  • I am afraid to see what a Wailord horde is going to look like!

Also, I am hoping we get some Audino and Happiny/Chansey/Blissey hordes for some insane experience points. You could go up 2 or 3 levels in one battle.

I was thinking this exact same thing, if we have something like Audino or Chansey line in the wild again it would definitely help me train very fast. Also, I do hope more wide-ranged attacks are introduced to help easily deal with the hordes, we already know Parabolic Charge can hit multiple targets.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I can see it being a thing that it's only available in limited areas of the game. Otherwise the enemy horde is a bit OP, especially if you just wander into a random place where Pokemon are 3 or 4 levels higher than your own..
    Eterna Forest, anyone?

This could make ev training far more easier! Especially if you don't have the right items.
    Especially if you have the right items! If you had PKRS and a power item, you'd max out your EVs in speed in nearly 5 horde battles against zubats! Or max out your spdef against Tentacool, defense against Geodude, etc. This is why I'm most excited about horde battles. {<3}

Anybody else think about this yet? Since hord battles are alittle(or so we asume) unfair, that maybe there will be attacks designed for hord battles. Those attacks would likely only be used in hord battles, or have a higher multiplyer for hords? I don't know. Maybe we will have 4 hord attacks and 4 notmal battle attacks? 0.0 this is just a idea. I mean really? This would ne a cool thing to see. I mean sure surf and stuff attack multipul pokemon, but I just think attacks designed to battle against hords would be cool to.
    Usually in story mode, the pokemon you have our stronger than that of wild pokemon... and when the wild pokemon finally does get to attack, it's merely a chip of your HP. So I don't think horde battles will be unfair. You mean a total of 8 attacks? I would imagine, rather, that this would just force us to budget our movesets into having some horde moves and some regular moves.

I remember in Black/White, when triple battles were introduced, we had moves like Round and Pledges which were best used in triples. I get the feeling that a widely-known Normal type move will be introduced to hit multiple foes.

It gives me the impression that Helioptile doesn't evolve to/from anything.
    I'm confused why Helio using Rock Slide and having Parabolic Charge would make you think that. :o

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm confused why Helio using Rock Slide and having Parabolic Charge would make you think that. :o
    Some moves are reserved for fully-evolved monsters, in the way Hyper Beam is. I assumed Rock Slide was one of these moves, but apparently not. My mistake.

Years
  • It seems like a nice way to get more exp but.. 5 on 1 seems like quite a lot to take on. Looking forward to it quite a lot though, yay for easier training and shinies! :D

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
  • Between Hordes and Super Training, I'm enjoying the new additions to help make our pokemon stronger! Also, if there's a roaming legendary, I wonder if it'll be able to appear in a horde with other pokemon from that area? Would one pokemon be able to flee even though there's 4 others?

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • Well...

On one hand, your Pokémon could get a ton of Exp. and the Pokémon could be low leveled (or at least weaker than the majority of the Pokémon in the grass).

However, on the other hand one Pokémon against five could result in a completely unfair advantage against you. Your Pokémon could get slaughtered.

Jumpleet

Rise Above The Rest
    Years
  • I always like challenge, so if grinding gets more unpredictable, it definitely throws a wrench in the plans of people who grind pokemon and steamroll through the gym no problem.

"OK, just have to train up my Quagsire to defeat that Fire-gym"
    A horde of Tropius appeared!
    "Uh-oh"

Years
  • I think Hordes will make the game a bit more interesting, especially now that wild battles will probably provide more EXP, therefore faster EV training, less grinding, all that good stuff.

Back