• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking Resolutions for 2016?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • Just like 90% of the other people ... get a beta out for Fat Kid and then get back to work on Discovery. Planning on redoing Beta 1 of Discovery so I'll be changing graphics, storyline, and making it more of a survival as a lonely trainer than instantly seeing people on the island after the shipwreck

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    For me, I wanted to start with Gen 1, so I'm aiming to just try making a catch-em-all high difficulty hack with a fair level curve to start it off. I know there's one which is Pokemon Red 151 made by Blue, but I'm making my own version of it with a Gen 2 Graphics patch as an option.

If I managed to release it and I managed to get the basics on a good level curve, I'll explore more about Gen 1 hacking for a while and create some more Gen 1 hacks which modify Gen 1 a lot.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • The last time I made something related to ROM hacking while being drunk it turned out to be pretty successful. I guess I would like to make a ROM hack while being drunk the whole time!

Only problem is that I'd want to broadcast it on twitch or something but I currently can't do that...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hoping to get atleast an alpha out by March time(my 21st birthday) of my own hack: Pokemon Dark. Working on my own so hopefully find a couple of people to help out as im new aswell. Got alot written in my book,just need to start putting it into the next phase.

im_mega

Some guy on the internet.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Like most people here, release an alpha for my hack that is polished and not super glitchy. So far with having to restart 2 times, I'm barely done anything :P.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • Relearn how to use a hexeditor so i can try to make a black2 649 project, with scripts and stuff since you need to use a hexeditor to make scripts for BW2........
    edit: working on the hero sprite :D http://prntscr.com/9xcwt0

Last edited:

Mueez

Currently Working on "" POKEMON :MYSTERIES OF LEGE
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2023
    My resolution is to..
    Well release a beta version of my hack
    and if possible to recruit a team too to help in my hack

Years
  • It's getting near to the end of 2016. I think we should reflect back on what we posted and see how far we got!

For me I want to, hopefully, actually finish my hack (at least up to the conclusion of the main story / up to the E4), and actually sit down and learn how to use C to make more advanced stuff.
    I was semi successful in that I'm definitely more proficient in using C for hacking, but I'm nowhere near concluding the main story of my hack, haha.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Honestly not as successful this year as I had wanted to be. I came close but ultimately lost the bit of motivation it would have taken me to fulfill my promise to myself.

Still, there's still a month left so it's not too late I suppose!

Back