• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First crush/First date

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Since it's the month of love, who was your first crush and bf/gf? Like how old were you when you started like boys/girls and who did you have a crush on? Ever dated online or long distance? Oh, also how did your first date go?

Feel free to share stories because those are the best to read. Please keep it appropriate tho ofc, but the more humiliating it is the better. ;p

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • My first date was in middle school and the first person I fell in love with was a girl who I knew since I was a young kid named, I'm not gonna say her name. I forgot when we started going out, but I think it was when I was like 9 or 10. I think the first actual date that me and her had was that we went to a party and we went swimming together and if that wasn't it then it was when me and her went to go watch a movie together, had dinner at a restaurant, and did a bit of shopping, and for a first date, either of them, it was a really good date and we both had a fun time during those times. I don't remember much about me and her going out, mostly because it all happened a long time ago. Me and her are no longer anymore, and we broke up in like 2012 over something completely stupid.

As for if I ever dated online or long distance, I've dated 2 people online and one of them I'm still in right now. The first person I dated online and also the first guy I dated was late last year starting in late September and quickly ending in mid November. There was nothing much about that relationship other than that it was a really bad relationship. As for the 2nd person I've and current am dating online, I love him with all my heart and I can not be any more happier than to be with him.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Oh man, I've liked so many people I can't even think of who the first was :x

My first date was a set-up situation sophomore year of high school. My friend and her bf wanted to see if I liked one of their friends who said I was cute. So we went to a movie....and after knowing me for all of 10 minutes....he started holding my hand and massaging my thumb D: was not pleased. Then he knocked over my skittles I was eating because he needed to hold my hand right then and there during the movie!!! He was probably nervous, but after that mess he still asked me out and I politely declined on the grounds that I had known him for less than 3 hours.

I've had some cute online flirtations as well. I'm not opposed to online dating at all, I think it's pretty silly to assume the person you're most compatible with is within a 5 mile radius of you. The distance would be hard for me though, I like having people actually in a room with me.

My first ever boyfriend is my guy I'm with now :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not opposed to online dating at all, I think it's pretty silly to assume the person you're most compatible with is within a 5 mile radius of you.
    That is pretty deep o:

I had my first boyfriend at 14, but that was only for a month and really awkward hahaha. No... No wait. My first official boyfriend was when I was 9, and it lasted for a whole day and we held hands once. **** was real, yo.

I tried a sort of long distance thing a while ago. We got to know each other irl but then there was a 3 hour train ride between our towns. I thought it was working well, was quite happy with my everyday freedom lol. But then he broke my heart pretty savagely so... Heh. Idk. Maybe the distance wasn't the only problem though. Shrug

how does one even "date" online pls i'm curious

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I had my first crush at around 5 years of age. She was kinda my best friend and I had a crush on her until we were 9 or so. She then moved to NYC and I was very sad. I was informed by her best friend, who was also a close friend of mine, that she also had a crush on me, and she had had it for a while, around two months before she left for NY. I was embarrassed because of my obliviousness and so was she and our friend was very angry at us, hahaha. In the end, nothing happened and I haven't spoken to her in a very long time.

Some minor crushes here and there during the rest of elementary school, but nothing happened there.

Then high school was a rough time, stuff here and there, I didn't attend many days because of health problems, etc. It was hard maintaining my friendships that way, a relationship would've been impossible.

Then here we are. I have never been in a serious relationship nor had any formal dates either. Things happened at parties here and there, but ended up staying at the parties. Neither them nor me were really interested in any kind of follow up, heh.

But! I'm having a date soon. Taking a girl to a Jazz festival. It will be cool. We'll see what happens.

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    I moved cross country with a woman I spent every waking moment with on skype with. A year later I broke up with her and moved back east. Things just didnt work out.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • That is pretty deep o:

I had my first boyfriend at 14, but that was only for a month and really awkward hahaha. No... No wait. My first official boyfriend was when I was 9, and it lasted for a whole day and we held hands once. **** was real, yo.

I tried a sort of long distance thing a while ago. We got to know each other irl but then there was a 3 hour train ride between our towns. I thought it was working well, was quite happy with my everyday freedom lol. But then he broke my heart pretty savagely so... Heh. Idk. Maybe the distance wasn't the only problem though. Shrug

how does one even "date" online pls i'm curious

Honestly, if you are a pretty physical person who needs IRL cuddles and kisses and holding hands and sex to actually "feel" the love and not just think of it as a "friendship +", then online dating is not for you. But otherwise? You can talk to each other, you can play games together, you can watch series or movies or whatever, you can watch the other draw, etc. No hugs, but if what you like is the other's personality, you have got pretty much everything else at your disposal.

Kyoko is pretty right though. 40 years ago it was the only possibility, but saying that your perfect match HAS to be within 50 km from your house because that's the distance you can travel on any given day is absurdly restrictive. Of course it can happen -I'm sure there is at least someone who can fit the bill somewhere near you, especially if you live in a populated area-, but dismissing out of hand the chance that the "perfect" one is living in a different country just... because... why would they live so far away? is pretty silly.

Saying this as a person who has fallen in love with three people from three different continents over my last 8 years, none of them living less than 5,000 km from me (including a 5-year relationship with a girl straight on the opposite side of the world). I am yet to actually fall in love with anybody from my country (I have had school crushes, yes, but... that was it).

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I think the first time I sorta realized "I have a crush on this girl" was in first grade for a girl named Georgia. I don't remember ANYTHING about her, but she must've been pretty fun to talk to and make jokes with.

First girlfriend was in eighth grade... I used to tease her 'cause she'd always buy the big cookies at the cafeteria. I called her Big Cookie Girl and then we started getting to know each other more and stuff. I don't remember which date was our first with her. We were both too nervous to actually spend time alone together, so we had her friend come along too. Kinda cute in its own way, but also pretty lame. We either went to see the movie Borat, which is like the worst date movie ever idk, it's so dumb, or just went to a park in the city. She was my very first kiss though, so heck yea!

Sirfetch’d

My first crush happened way back in 3rd grade on a lovely young lady named Ashley. We hit it off and started "dating" or whatever you call it in 3rd grade lol. We once got in trouble for kissing at school and had to explain it to the principal. We probably considered ourselves bf/gf for 3 years? We actually ran into each other a few days ago at the store!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • All the crushes I've had are online with girls who aren't the same sexuality as I.
    Stuff doesn't ever work the way you want when you don't understand love at all.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I dunno, I've never had a female classmate until last year and most are my genral classes seem male-dominated.

Years
  • I've never dated in my life.

As for crushes... I only ever had one. I don't even think I realized how serious it was until I got jealous he was dating someone else. He obviously didn't feel that way about me. I got over it.

I'm 26 and it's only now I'm actually curious about dating. But now I'm an adult and I'm honestly terrified no one will want me. I don't have a degree, my apartment is a mess, I have no friends, and I have no long-term goals besides surviving. I'm just... kind of worthless. Sometimes I wish I was interested in dating in high school, maybe I'd have experience and I'd be less afraid of rejection now.

(I know the solution to my problem is to actually get my **** together, but I feel so broken I don't know where to even start.)

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I do not get crushes. The only way I get to liking you is if we become semi-close friends and talk on a regular basis. I'm not capable of feeling some quick emotions about someone I barely know. So I've technically never had a first crush.

Also, I can't really pinpoint an age where I became interested in males/females, because... well, I'm not really super interested in them in the first place. I think I became vaguely interested in my early teens? I don't know. The way I handle love and affection aren't really normal from my understanding. It really is just about you being a really close friend of mine who I want to share everything with - I don't see much distinction between platonic and romantic love.

My first boyfriend was someone that I came to like after many months of speaking, and decided to go out with them. This was a bad idea. We were horribly incompatible and he quickly started to grate on me, ending in constant arguments and me sending him a lengthy e-mail describing all of the precise times he had pissed me off. I was 16 years old, he was 16 years old, and he lived in a different country. It never would've worked.

Oh yeah. ALL the people I've dated have been online. My first official date occurred when my third boyfriend, currently my fiance, came over to visit me. I was quite eager to be taken out to eat for real. By the way, he has lived with me for over two years now, so the relationship has solidified into a more normal, physical one. People tell me all these horror stories about how they went to visit their significant other and it ended in disaster. But he and I, we knew each other well. We spoke everyday, first through text, then through voice, and then through webcam. Real life did not change the way we interact. Our first date was amazing, and he was (is) amazing.

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I distinctively remember it was a boy called Max. We were 8 years old and went to same play group and played with each other everyday.He proposed to get married, so we dressed up in wedding stuff, and had someone "marry" us in our foam built chapel, and at the end of the speech he kissed me on the "Now kiss the bride". I moved away from the area and never saw him again :(

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    I've been crushing on boys since kindergarten haha, but my first serious crush started in grade 5. I was one of the tallest girls in my grade, and there were only 3 boys my height or taller, so I proceeded to have a massive crush on one guy that lasted throughout high school (we went to the same schools), even when he moved to the US after grade 9 to go so some private hockey school. One of the girls took him to our prom and I guess someone had told him about my crush because he invited me to dance with him, ahaha.

I had my first boyfriend when I was 19. We started dating in the summer, but he was going to leave to work at Disney World the next February, so I knew our time was limited. He broke up with me when I got home from vacation in January. We didn't actually have much in common, and he was really inconsiderate in a lot of ways, plus there was someone else I liked at the time, so looking back I'm glad it only lasted 6 months.

My current partner and I actually started dating because I had moved to Israel. We were absolute best friends and we missed each other constantly, so when I came back to Canada briefly near the end, they asked me out, and it was so delightful and sweet I still squee thinking about it. I went back to Israel for the remaining 1.5 months, but it was tough and we missed each other even more. I wouldn't want to do it again.

~Psychic

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My first crush was a girl called Lauren in my primary school. We were best friends and played pokemon stadium/pokemon RBY/pokemon cards/pokemon everything together.

:)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've never had a serious relationship, and I've never been on a real date, so my experience with romance is very limited. Most people probably started to figure it out in high school, but I was still trying to figure out my sexuality, so I didn't really think about doing any of that stuff. I'm starting to open up to the idea of being in a relationship, and I've even started to get out of the house more, even if it's just hanging out with friends, so maybe there's some hope for me yet.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • Well, my first crush was a girl I met when I was 12 and I continued crushing on her until I was about 15-ish. Then we kinda just stopped talking to each other. I've never really had an actual relationship, at least in normal terms of one. I had a weird on-and-off thing with this girl through the summer after my freshman year of high school through my sophomore year. We did a lot of flirting and had a lot of really deep conversations and stuff. I never had the gall to be like "so is this going anywhere?" though. Then she got swept off her feet by some Italian soccer player (how am I supposed to compete with that?) and we had a falling out because she was sketchy about it and I was a little...touchy about it. Looking back, I pretty much screwed the pooch on that one.

Then I struck out on my next three weird flirty friendships that kinda fell to shambles because I ended up sitting back and distancing myself.

And now I'm 20 and pretty much a hopeless romantic because college romance is way too centered on sex and seeing as I burn bridges the minute I feel uncomfortable, that's terrifying to me.

Holy crap that's pathetic when I read it back.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    my first serious relationship started online although I did end up meeting them. uhh i think our first date was going out to olive garden looooool. it lasted like a year and a half and then they cheated on me so i broke up with them.

after that i seriously dated one other guy and after i broke up with him i decided i wanted to be single for a long time and just enjoy myself so i have. I've casually dated a few people since then, but ugh idk a serious relationship is a lot of commitment for me and right now i'm very focused on school, work, and my health.

i've been casually talking to a few guys lately, but i've been keeping my space from them as i really don't want to get into anything too serious right now, but at the same time it's really nice to chat and hang out

Back