• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2015
    OK, so I'm a new player (to the TCG, not the other parts of the franchise) and I was looking around the house for Pokemon cards from when I was younger. One card I found was Palkia lv. 67. From what I heard, this card is garbage, but this question isn't about that. Even if I never run this card in a deck, I have to know. The second attack is "Transback", 2 water and a colorless, 40 damage. The effect is

"You may flip a coin. If heads, discard all energy attached to Palkia and put the defending Pokemon and all cards attached to it on top of your opponents deck. Your opponent shuffles his or her deck afterward."

So my question is if you KO the defending Pokemon, and flip heads, do you still put it on top of their deck, and do you still take a prize?

Years
  • You still put it back on top of their deck and you do not take a prize.

If you want the KO to stick, you have to opt to not flip the coin. If you notice, the word "may" is used in the wording, which means you don't have to flip the coin.

Back