• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Club Tournament

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
~Just the Classics~

Club Tournament

Introduction
This tournament is being held as an event for my club, ~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club. I thought this tournament would be a fun idea to get competitive with our favorite classics. This tourney will be held on Pokemon Online. If you want to participate, please download Pokemon Online here.

Rules
  • As mentioned before, all battles will be held on Pokemon Online, specifically the PokeCommunity Pokemon Online server.
  • When you sign up, you must PM me your team so that I can ensure it qualifies. Don't worry; this won't give me an advantage; my team is already set and made, and even tested. The easiest way to get a summary of your team is to click the "Export" button in the team builder.
  • When matchups are posted, arrange with your opponent to meet on the server and battle.
  • After you battle, both of you must post indicating the battle was done. The bare minimum you must post is who won, and how many Pokemon were left on the winning side. If you want to post a summary of the battle, feel free to do so. If it is lengthy, please put it in a spoiler.
  • This tournament is for my club. Thus, if you are not a member and want to participate, you must join my club (see link above). There will be prizes for both your game and your club account.
  • You must use the team you PM me through the entire tournament. No changing it.
  • Your team must consist of only Generation I Pokemon. No evolutions/pre-evolutions from future generations. However, Eviolite is allowed.
  • While this is a tournament of Gen I Pokemon, this is being played with Gen V mechanics. Set your tier in Pokemon Online to "BW > Wifi OU." This should be done automatically.

Clauses
  • Species Clause - You may not use more than one of the same species in your team. Pokemon from the same evolutionary line are fine, though.
  • Item Clause - You may not have more than THREE (3) members of your team hold the same item.
  • Sleep Clause - You may not intentionally put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at once.
  • Hax Item Clause - Items that rely on luck to activate are banned. The items are: BrightPowder, Dire HIt, Focus Band, King's Rock, Lansat Berry, Lax Incense, Lucky Punch, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, Stick.
  • Evasion Clause - Moves that boost evasion are banned (Double Team, Minimize, etc.). This includes Acupressure, as it has a chance of doing so.
  • OHKO Clause - OHKO moves (Fissure, Guillotine, etc.) are banned.
  • Unreleased DW Clause - Pokemon with unreleased DW Abilities are banned. A list of released DW Pokemon is found here.

Banned/Uber Pokemon
  • Mewtwo (must I explain why?)
  • Mew (Mew was uber in Gen I. Amongst all Gen I Pokemon, Mew seems to have an advantage, in my opinion. Thus, banned.)

Participants
Participants will be listed as "<PC Username> (<PO Username>) [Team Confirmed/Unconfirmed]"
  • deoxys121 (Deoxys 386) [Team Confirmed]
  • Spritingyoshi22 (SY22) [Team Confirmed]

Sign-up form
PC Username:
PO Username:

Prizes
As this is a tournament for my club, the prizes will be club-oriented. Prizes are as follows:
  • 1st prize: 200 points, plus a prize Pokemon from the club. If you can't access B/W WiFi, your prize will be 300 points.
  • 2nd prize: 150 points

I would like for this tournament to get going by February 28th, 2012.

Alright, have fun everyone!

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Alright, that's been updated. Sorry it took so long, been rather busy.

Come on, club members! I need more participants! The bare minimum to make this an actual tourney would be 4, but I would prefer to have at least 8.

Back