• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you get those creative juices flowing?

Pryze

Straight chillin
Years
  • I often use real-life as inspiration, usually drawing from my friends and personal experiences for characters and plots, respectively.

Dreams have also been a great source of inspiration (from what I can remember of them, anyway).

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • An important one that often goes overlooked is reading books, and reading a healthy variety of them. This is a great way to keep your ideas fresh and even to further develop your own writing style. Pay attention while you read for elements and techniques of storytelling that grab you, and you'll find similar things popping up in your own stories, even if you don't realize it until later.

Years
  • For me inspiration comes from a variety of things, generally personal experience, other peoples works, and nostalgia. If you personally think it might be because you are tired then take a break for a while and like let your mind go numb or don't try to force out the ideas. If that makes any sense. :/

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • An important one that often goes overlooked is reading books, and reading a healthy variety of them. This is a great way to keep your ideas fresh and even to further develop your own writing style. Pay attention while you read for elements and techniques of storytelling that grab you, and you'll find similar things popping up in your own stories, even if you don't realize it until later.

Well, reading doesn't come easily to me. I have poor reading comprehension, and it makes it harder to really follow what I read. It's also hard for me because I can't seem to get into it enough to follow it. :/

I forgot all about this thread lol

Years
  • A good way I get going is I listen to music before I write. I read an article (I can't remember the website) that said it has been proved scientifically that listening to music about fifteen minutes before you work actually helps you be more productive. The reasoning behind this is listening to music you like makes you happy, so when you work, you work with a purpose. It went something like that. Another good way is to read a bit of a good book. Seeing the way the author writes can help give you ideas as to how you want to.

Well, reading doesn't come easily to me. I have poor reading comprehension, and it makes it harder to really follow what I read. It's also hard for me because I can't seem to get into it enough to follow it. :/

I just saw this haha. Scratch the reading part then.

Last edited by a moderator:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • A good way I get going is I listen to music before I write. I read an article (I can't remember the website) that said it has been proved scientifically that listening to music about fifteen minutes before you work actually helps you be more productive. The reasoning behind this is listening to music you like makes you happy, so when you work, you work with a purpose. It went something like that. Another good way is to read a bit of a good book. Seeing the way the author writes can help give you ideas as to how you want to.

I'm always listening to music though... so that's kind of a given. XD Music has dominated a lot of my life because it has helped me through a lot of shit.

Back