• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VBA to TGB Dual Saves; A How-To

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2010
I've written a tutorial to get it to work. Lots of pics, can't go wrong.

BACK UP YOUR .SAV FILES FIRST!!

To get the link to work from VBA to TGB and back again:

Open the .sav directory, wherever it's located. Mine was on my desktop for this tutorial.
1.jpg

Copy the .gbc, .sav, and .sa1 files and paste them into the TGB directory.
2.jpg

3.jpg

Copy the .sa1 AGAIN into the SAME directory. You should wind up with the following files;
Pokemon Crystal.sav
Pokemon Crystal.sa1
Pokemon Crystal - Copy.sa1

4.jpg

5.jpg

Rename Pokemon Crystal - Copy.sa1 to Pokemon Crystal.sa2
6.jpg

You should now have the following files:
Pokemon Crystal.sav
Pokemon Crystal.sa1
Pokemon Crystal.sa2

7.jpg

Load TGB Dual
8.jpg

Load GB1 with TGB
9.jpg

10.jpg

Load GB2 with TGB.
11.jpg

13.jpg

The first one might have a wonky save time and Pokedex from a previous save. The SECOND TGB though, should contain the proper save and Pokedex.

15.jpg

Once you've completed your trade, save the game on BOTH TGB instances!
17.jpg

Close the emulator. Go to the TGB directory, and paste the .sa2 file BACK to the original .sav directory.
18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Delete your old .sa1 file.
22.jpg

Rename it from .sa2 to .sa1.
23.jpg

Load VBA and you should now have the proper Pokedex.

I have confirmed this works with different computers. Hope this helps.

MirroRz

You sure?
Years
Hate to bump an old ass thread, but TGB is beefing me hardcore and I need some help.

So I'm tryna trade between my Crystal and Yellow, easy enough. Whenever I load up Crystal in TGB, though, it only gives me the option to start a new game. I've tried tons of things, made sure the file names are named accordingly, and I've changed the folder directory from which TBG Dual loads it's .SAVs from.

I've got both Yellow and Crystal working on VBA, and I've saved in-game on VBA and tried Exporting the .SAVs directly to their required folder, but no luck. Yellow works fine and everything on TGB, but Crystal is being a *****. Any tips?

twindelphine

Pokemon Meister
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I really wish I knew how to transfer my save files from TGB Dual to VBA.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
I really wish I knew how to transfer my save files from TGB Dual to VBA.

You just need to rename the "SAV" file to "sa1". It will work again in VBA.

Now, the big question...

HOW to use the IR (infrared) to take the mystery gift? What do i need to write in that box?

Last edited:

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

very helpful, although i wouldn't personally need it anymore (not being mean here, i just happened to know how to do it already).

Also, a suggestion: Put the images inside
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back