• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Anyone think Granbull should get an evolution? It seems to be forgotten a lot by fans...

Plus if the Fairy type turns out to be real it could evolve into a Normal/Fairy type.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • True...seems like Johto still has a fair bit of Pokémon that could potentially have evolutions.

And this may sound strange but how about evolutions for the Hitmons? They all evolve by level depending on their stats and nothing else like Stones, or items, which could be used to say they would be unlikely like my call for evolutions for Sunflora and the like.

Years
  • I also feel the same way, was going to mention that in that earlier post but wasn't sure if I was the only one who noticed. Hopefully it will become a full shark, a great white sounds good.

Angelroid

Sun X
    Years
  • Anyone think Granbull should get an evolution? It seems to be forgotten a lot by fans...

Plus if the Fairy type turns out to be real it could evolve into a Normal/Fairy type.
    I agree with you, Grambull should get a evolution. Since the game takes place in France, the french bulldog is one of the main dogs there.

Years
  • I'm not too sure if I want a Fairy type, it just sounds weird and if its real we'll be seeing loads of weird fairy looking things and it doesn't really appeal to me, but if they can pull it off and make pokemon like Granbull evolve into fairies without completely destroying them then kudos.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I think Farfetch'd and Delibird should have an evolution and Miltank, Throh & Sawk a pre-evolution. There should also be a "mid-evolution" in between those Milotic and Gyarados families if they have the technology to do that.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • There should also be a "mid-evolution" in between those Milotic and Gyarados families if they have the technology to do that.

What do you mean with mid-evolutions?
    Some kind of shared evolution of Feebas and Magikarp? That would be a first, and seems really random to do.

A shared pre-evo? Magikarp andFeebas are already supposed to be one of the weakest pokemon to the point where they are used as jokes in such manner so I don't see any reasons for that either.

If you mean for them to gain a middle stage between the current two to lessen the huge difference in power...it kinda defeats their purpose since the huge difference is their gimmick...not to mention I cant figure out how that would even work as in implementing it and keeping consistency.

Years
  • I don't see a pre evolution connecting Feebas and Magikarp...that thing will proably have stats worse than Sunkern (the true weakest pokemon in terms of stats).

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2018
    I think it would be cool to see them do an Evo for Skarmory and for them to evolve Pinsir and Heracross in a similar way to Scyther to Scizor.

I also think that an evolution for Mightyena would be really cool, especially if it were in the form of a Cerberus

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • I think it would be cool to see them do an Evo for Skarmory and for them to evolve Pinsir and Heracross in a similar way to Scyther to Scizor.

A pre-evo seems like the logical thing to do for Skarmory though. Its counterpart got Mantyke.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I think Qwilfish could do with an evoltion. ;D *hint hint*

I would really love evolutions for Sabeleye and Mawile too, and an evolution for Jynx (even though I don't like it I always thought Magmar, Electabuzz and Jynx were a trio of sorts so it's a bit weird she hasn't got an evolution so far :\), as well as evolutions for Banette and Pinsir for similar reasons. c:

Other more obscure Pokemon that could do with evolutions are Lumineon, Grumpig and Kricketune. :)

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Wow, a Relicanth evolution would probably look really badass. I can't see how they could mess it up. I am seeing a larger, more aggressive-looking version modeled after a Eusthenopteron, with a rock face similar to Cubone's bone face.

Years
  • Wow, a Relicanth evolution would probably look really badass. I can't see how they could mess it up. I am seeing a larger, more aggressive-looking version modeled after a Eusthenopteron, with a rock face similar to Cubone's bone face.
    I don't see Relicanth ever evolving as it's based on a fish that has changed very little in the past million years.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
  • Well, it was a brainstorm, not so much a belief that it needs an evolution. And as if GF wouldn't find some way to do it if they really wanted, haha.

Back