• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Morning, Day, Night?

Years
  • When do you prefer to play the game?

I love playing my Platinum at night, I always love doing things as much. I guess I am a night person. Morning is alright too :D

Years
  • I like playing in the daytime, personally. In the evening even moreso, because I love the battle scenes, they look gorgeous at that stage.

But playing in the nighttime has its perks too, namely getting to use Dusk Balls.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I almost always play at night. I do like how everything looks brighter/the colors are more vivid during the day, but I also like the fact that Dusk Balls pretty much always work well when I play at night. I'm not sure what my favorite time of day is; there are pros and cons to each, though night probably wins out, in part because I've just spent the most time exposed to it.

On another note, I used to love the time of day system back in GSC, but it doesn't seem to affect as many things (e.g., as many Pokémon appearances) in the later games, and I find the visual differences less obvious than they were back in gen II when morning/day/night were first introduced. If anything, I get annoyed by things that have to be done at a certain time of day now, as most of my gameplay (for any generation) now happens right before I fall asleep, so I only see morning if I stay up later than I would like to, and I rarely see day.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I like the night better. I absolutely love how the music shifts at night, particularly on my favourite route, Route 216. It gives me a calm feeling, something I like to have within me after a few high pace battles. I usually play in the late afternoon/evening though, just because of what Stargazer said. The battle scenes look absolutely breathtaking with the sunset colours. I also play at night so I can catch legendary Pokemon easier with the Dusk Ball.

Years
  • I like the night better. I absolutely love how the music shifts at night, particularly on my favourite route, Route 216. It gives me a calm feeling, something I like to have within me after a few high pace battles. I usually play in the late afternoon/evening though, just because of what Stargazer said. The battle scenes look absolutely breathtaking with the sunset colours. I also play at night so I can catch legendary Pokemon easier with the Dusk Ball.

I havent noticed the mucis changed, I assume its not for every route, but it does make it even more awesome, also havent noticed the battle screen changed. Have to try it out.
    Dusk ball is becoming my favorite ball cos of this ^^

Im glad there are other night players :D

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I havent noticed the mucis changed, I assume its not for every route, but it does make it even more awesome, also havent noticed the battle screen changed. Have to try it out.
    Dusk ball is becoming my favorite ball cos of this ^^

Im glad there are other night players :D

The music at night has a few edits to make it slower and less upbeat. Just compare Route 216's day and night theme. The Pokemon Centre has a completely different theme at night which I find unique, something I liked about the Sinnoh Region.

Route 216 - Day
    Route 216 - Night

Day music's upbeat, night's calm and chill.

Last edited:

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • The music at night just gives me the most relaxing and soothing feeling. I also tend to remember and enjoy the game most at that time. ♥

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I don't mind either way. I'm more interested in leveling up my Pokemon, evolving them, smashing the living daylights (pun maybe intended.. :p) out of weak trainers etc. Haha.

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    I hope I'm not the only one, but I always find myself... I don't know, suddenly sleepy when I play at night (and the volume is turned up). I never make it far at night.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I like nighttime just because I tend to hang out in cities and the lights look so cool when it's dark. Especially Jubilife and Canalave :)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'm playing the morning and the night. I'll start my job monday so after monday I'll just play the night :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally prefer nighttime; it tones saturation and lightness down of pretty much every palette, making them much easier on the eye. Only thing I don't like about it is its music; music during night are usually more softer and quiet, and that, to me, is not that exciting. Least favorite is most likely afternoon, when outdoors turn orange in color.

Years
  • Toss up for me, but because I usually play at night, I'll go with that. The subtle music shifts are a nice little detail that adds to the feeling of night. Also, many have said, cities look really pretty during the nighttime. *__* Daytime is the most boring of the three, but in the morning, the game has a sort of calming hue, I like it.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    DPPt are different to me, because I enjoy the nighttime more. In other games with an implemented day-night system, I typically love the morning or daytime, because the nighttime has a bit of a creepy vibe to it I can't explain. The nighttime in DPPt feels normal, warm and relaxing - I think it's probably because those games have generally dimmer and duller graphics as opposed to the more vibrant graphics of the other games, so yeah I'm going with nighttime here.

Back