• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unknown writing story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I was getting confused in my own story,so many idea's in my head.
    I know how that is. One thing that might help would be to have either a notebook or a wordpad document where you can write down your ideas. This way, you don't have to keep everything inside your head. It'll also allow you to look back and figure out where each idea might go in the story.

You also don't have to read more than one book. (I've tried. It does get confusing.) But if you do read something, then you can learn more about writing while also being entertained.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • I actuly finished the "Anne of" book I was on,and started the next.I am still working on names,I'm consetering Julie,but Alice or Suzy might work too.Did you find anything in what I have put down that still needed to be awnsered that I didn't say would be awnsered in the story Astinus?Btw love the Mijimuru pics.I have to put my idea's on email,cause the computer I have to use I'm not allowed to save anything on,don't ask why

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
  • On the aspect of a name, how about Fiona. Just a suggestion cous! I do like the idea, and I'll help in anyway I can, even if I am a bit lazy. I'm not exactly sure how to help you right now, but I'll keep my brain on high alert, and I'll be here if you need me!

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Okay,I guess your figered out who I ment when I said I had a lazy helper,lol,I like that name,I'll probley use that,and I have quite a big of time on my hands so I think I'll finish the new version tonight.Fiona would be good,cause I was looking for a fancy name.Thanks!

Update!

Sorry everybody,I was in the middle of writing the cave sceen,when my computer gliched and erased it all,so I'm sorry readers and helpers,but I'll have to delay it a little longer.Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

An-chan

Whoops.
    Years
  • Okay, so, I was reading this thread, and a potential solution to the "why kidnap a nine-year-old when there's an expert readily available" dilemma suddenly spawned in my head.

So, right now, you have a 9-year-old, unrelated girl hanging out at the teacher's house while she's gone, which does not make all that much sense (this is as far as I understood, but I'm tired so I may have misread things or something like that - do correct me if I'm wrong). But, how about making the main character the daughter of the expert? It would explain why she's so prominent with the subject despite her young age, and also gives Team Galactic a motive to kidnap the child and not the adult. See, translators need a lot of source literature, dictionaries, and preferably a computer to translate properly. No-one can remember all the words of two given languages, especially if they're written in different kind of symbols. So, to kidnap the expert in a way that is actually useful, Team Galactic would need to also take all her source literature, all her notes and files, all her dictionaries, practically all the documents in her office to go with her to help her translate the difficult passages. Thus, they decide to kidnap the daughter to give the teacher an incentive to do this all in her very own office, no fee required, if you catch my drift. She's kidnapped for blackmail purposes, not to actually translate the thing. Whether she ends up translating it or not is irrelevant, and you can make up a way for her to end up in possession of the source text and have her translate it with her prodigy powers.

That way, it all makes sense, no?

As a side note, please please please please start using a space after each comma and full stop and whatnot in your posts, normal replies as well as stories. It is incredibly difficult to read your posts when it's all mashed up together like that. As a rule of thumb, write your normal posts in the same kind of language - grammar, spelling, layout, everything - as the books you read are in. It is much easier to read as well as being more pleasing to the eye. Here, have an example:

I am still working on names,I'm consetering Julie,but Alice or Suzy might work too.

Becomes

I am still working on names, I'm considering Julie, but Alice or Suzy might work too.

That sentence is actually a run-on but we won't care about that for now.

As a word of encouragement with grammar and language in general: I was actually nine years old when I started learning this language for real, so I've been speaking it for even less than you have now. It's not a matter of age, or nationality, or native language, or anything like that. It's just a matter of proper teaching and the will to learn. You wouldn't believe how many important things fanfiction writing has taught me!

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • oh,the 9 year old girl wasn't at the teachers house,at all.She was either at home or school,besides the headquarters of that group of team galactic.You know,I thought about that,making her the daughter of a expert,but then people would ask why not kidnap the exepert?Okay guys,I'm not at home,but I'm trying to get the story done a little bit,but I'm busy,but don't close this down,I'm working on it!They have books and computers,when I give a discription of the headquarters,you'll see (aka read) that there's sevral bookcases and computers,and stuff of that sort.She had her backpack,saying she was coming home from school,so she had all of her notes and books and stuff.Okay,I didn't want to tell yall this,but they ALSO kidnap a expert,she was kidnaped for blackmail perpouses,but they also planned to get her to try to translate it while there working on getting the profianal kidnapped.Spaces!I forgot that all threw here,but I'm with family and people I never get to see,I'm sorry,but my stories WILL have spaces k? Sorry yall,Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • You know,I thought about that,making her the daughter of a expert,but then people would ask why not kidnap the exepert?

Actually, what An-chan said would make it a little more plausible for them to kidnap a kid. See, right now, you have Team Galactic kidnapping a kid who's pretty much unrelated to the expert. Sure, she's still a kid and the expert's student, but she doesn't hold quite as much significance the daughter of the expert. Not to mention kidnapping a student (even a random one instead of the expert's ace pupil) means more people get involved. It's no longer just the teacher focusing on the kid, but Aleka's real parents would most likely get in a tizzy over the fact that she's disappeared. Galactic could threaten the teacher into keeping quiet about the deal, but the situation becomes even more of a mess the more people there are involved -- namely, the parents, who won't be as easy to bully into silence due to the fact that they'd actually have to be notified that their daughter had been kidnapped in the first place.

Not only that, but your audience most likely wouldn't ask why they didn't just kidnap the teacher if Galactic kidnapped her daughter. The reason why is because this is actually a plot frequently seen anyway. That is, having an evil syndicate kidnap something precious to an expert in order to blackmail them into cooperating has actually been seen in a lot of books and other media. It'll still work, of course, but I'm just saying it's easier to swallow.

They have books and computers,when I give a discription of the headquarters,you'll see (aka read) that there's sevral bookcases and computers,and stuff of that sort.

If they have a library of their own (and, most likely, people who know what to materials to collect and how to read said materials), why do they need to kidnap/blackmail anyone else? O_o It would probably be far easier just to use their own library and the people who maintain it to figure things out themselves. For example, if they have a picture of an inscription, all they'd have to do is go to their own library, slap it down in front of their scholars, and go, "'Kay. Do you have any dictionaries that tell us what this says?" And the Galactic scholars would most likely be paid to do that sort of thing anyway, so it'd be easier to have them go, "WHY, CERTAINLY, SIR." than someone who didn't work for Galactic.

As a tip, sometimes, the simplest explanations for things is the better route. I'm not saying simplify your story, but if you have to go into massive amounts of detail to explain why something is the way it is outside of what you say in the fic or if your readers are pointing out something as a plot hole when you insist that it'll be explained later on, chances are, it's something that doesn't quite hold water, if you know what I mean. Or, in short, I'm saying the simpler you make things for yourself, the better. That means making it clear to the reader right when you say things that there's most likely a method to your madness and that it's not just a plot hole. Leave clues that will make readers come up with possibilities, rather than ask questions you know the story should be/will be answering. Things like that.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Okay,still working on the story,but her dad is a expert,didn't I tell u that?And,if I remember right,I told u that they kidnnapped a expert later on,and that expert is her dad.Okay,let me try to explane this,they DO kidnap a expert,the kid is there for 2 reasons.1:Blackmail 2they want her to try and translate is some while they get the expert's kidnap planned.Make sence NOW?They tried themselves to translate it,but they didn't understand it,to them what the books and computers said didn't make sence,the believe that the people who know more about it would understand it better.Okay,well,I thought about making it just the expert,and it seems REALY boring,with the kid as black mail and sort of translating it while there working on getting a expert,who they will ALSO have translate it,they know there getting it right,and giving the expert (again Aleka's dad) a reason to translate for them.I belive I awnsered everything there.Does it make sence now?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Silly PC's server being busy made me unable to respond.

To look at your last post, I don't recall you mentioning that Aleka's father is an Unown expert. But now that we know that, I can say that you can have some good characterization with Aleka by having her try to live up to her father's expectations. (Like, she might ask "What would Dad do if he was here?" if she needs to make a decision.)

I'm going to try and think of who would now be involved with what we know now.

So Aleka would get kidnapped. Her mother would be worried. The teacher, other students, and the town would be worried. Then her father gets kidnapped. Now Aleka and her father have to escape and stay together while the whole town and their family is worried about them. And Team Galactic gets the seal of approval for their kidnapping of Alexa because they might have been researching her father since he's the expert, found the daughter first, and kidnapped her before kidnapping him because she was easier to find.

As for Galactic's headquarters, I really don't like the idea of having their headquarters be full of computers and libraries. For one thing, it just strikes me as odd that they would set all that up when, as far as I can tell, they like being on the move. They research on the go, if you will. In fact, their game-world headquarters is a building that they quickly took over to use only for that mission. So it doesn't seem like a Galactic thing to do to have this whole headquarters (or bring the kid there) when they would be working more closely at Solaceon Ruins (and might need to leave in a hurry).

That might be why they would need an expert. Because they don't have a library or a team of experts with computers to find out the information. So they kidnap an expert who would know most (if not all) of the information in their heads. That way, if someone finds out about Galactic being there, they can leave in a hurry.

That seems to work better, and it comes up with a few reasons as to why the plot moved the way it's going to.

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • Its okay Astinus,its not ur fault PC was busy.

I might have forgot to mention it,guys,I'm trying to get the story done,but I'm still not home yet and don't have much time to work on it ATM.I will have time with in the next week or so,they shouldn't close it down right?That is true,that would be something she probley would think.

True,they would have to try to escape and stay together. You didn't but once, but u called Aleka Alexa by accedent,just wanted to point that out.

They don't have a library,just some books,like 4,and one computer. Sorry, I just prefer calling it a headquarters, its more like a temperary hideout, would u prefer me to call it that?

I'm not sure what u want me to tell u in ur last paragraf,the one before ur last sentence.

I was sure that would clear things up. :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • There was no need to double post and bump your thread just to say that, you know. Just post it when it is ready to be posted - don't try to rush it.

Gong to close this then.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    If you want to post a new part of your story, you have two options:

1.) Ask either me or bobandbill to open this thread, which we could do. It's not what we normally do, but it does depend on what you're doing. But it seems weird to do that if you still want to add to this story because...

2.) ...you could just create a thread for this in the main section, which you can post in without fear of bumping and having it closed.

It depends on what you're going to be posting. If you're still working on just parts of this story and need advice on those parts or the plot ideas you have, go with the first one. If you think you're ready with the first chapter and are ready to post this story in order, go with the second one.

Still, you shouldn't post in threads only to promise an update. Just update when you're ready.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back