• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Govanni's revenge

agent destroyer

pokemon prof. for team rocket
Years
  • Pokemon: Giovanni's revenge

intro: Govanni has come out of training to seek revenge. But, of course, is no problem for Prof. Red (from pokemon red) who has beaten him a million times.
    Spoiler:

Story:
    Spoiler:

Features:
    new region
    new pokemon that you created!
    all 493 offical pokemon
    new type of pokemon leage
    have a partener follow you though your journey (you can choose when you want him to follow you)

Characters:

Govanni

The leader of Team Rocket.

Jessie and James

Govanni's elite duo.

Inspector Japp

He has been chasing Govanni for year. And he's hot on the trail

Professor Red

Red has grown up and is an assistant now. He and Pro. Oak invented the pokemon DNA combining system. But has he left pokemon training?

Your Friend

He started training pokemon the same time you did. He follows you if you wish.

Hammond:

A rich spoilt sport who parents give him whatever he wants.

Part of the script: [coming soon]

Hiring anyone who is skilled at making games (especually artist e.g mapper, spriter, grafic designer ect.)

will post more later

Last edited:

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • intro: Govanni has come out of training to seek revenge.And then what? But, of course, is no problem for Prof. Red (from pokemon red) who has beaten him a million times.He's now a Professor? Wasn't he a trainer in G/S/C? When does this take place? But wait! Govanni has defeated Red and taken his pokemon.Watch for typos Who will stop Govanni now?From doing what?

Story: Prof. Red invent a new machine that combines 2 pokemon DNA to make a new slightly more powerful one. GMOS? Team Rocket have made a comeback and have stoled the machine and Red's pokemon. Now it is your duty as the hero to stop govanni in his tracks and get back the machine.

Features:
    new region
    new pokemon that you created!HOW! Is that even possible for RMXP
    all 493 offical pokemon
    new type of pokemon leage
    have a partener follow you though your journeySo you always double battle? Isn't that a nuisance?

Characters:

Govanni

The leader of Team Rocket.

Jessie and James

Govanni's elite duo.

Inspector Japp Sounds to much like both a racial slur and Inspector Javert at the same time

He has been chasing Govanni for year. And his hot on the trail

Professor Red

Red is alot older and now a professor. He invented the pokemon DNA combining system.

Part of the script: [coming soon]

Hiring anyone who is skilled at making games (especually artist e.g mapper, spriter, grafic designer ect.)

will post more later

In short, this idea seems a bit half backed. Its all sounds like a gimmick to allow you to graft and create pokemon, which I don't even think is possible. The plot is a bit shallow, and for a game entitled "Giovanni's Revenge" the Revenge has already happened by the time you begin. Why do you help Red? Who is your partner? What is Giovanni's new plans? There are two many questions unanswered. So a good start, but you'll need to work on it a lot to get it to the realm of a good, entertaining story.

Years
  • I don't understand, it says new pokemon you created?
    How will you be able to create pokemon if the only pokemon scientists have ever created is Porygon?
    That doesn't seem like a very good idea.

agent destroyer

Years
  • In short, this idea seems a bit half backed. Its all sounds like a gimmick to allow you to graft and create pokemon, which I don't even think is possible. The plot is a bit shallow, and for a game entitled "Giovanni's Revenge" the Revenge has already happened by the time you beginBut his revenge has just begun (hint: what is he going to do with the DNA combining system?. Why do you help Red?because you are kind and if you don't stop giovanni. who will? Who is your partner?your friend What is Giovanni's new plans?that would spoil the whole story! There are two many questions unanswered. So a good start, but you'll need to work on it a lot to get it to the realm of a good, entertaining story.i know this just the start

I don't understand, it says new pokemon you created?
    How will you be able to create pokemon if the only pokemon scientists have ever created is Porygon?
    That doesn't seem like a very good idea.

it will seem brilliant when i relese it.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • Two things I noticed:

1. Team Rocket is commonly depicted as the Mafia organization of the Pokemon world, interested solely in money. From your hints I can awesome that Team Rocket will attempt to sell new pokemon. To whom? Regular people? Probably not. Power hungry dictators? It sounds like the plot to Get Smart just substitute pokemon for nuclear weapons. Who would Team Rocket sell to? All the other evil teams have been disbanded.
    2. Again, why would you help Red? You're an average 11 year old minding your business. There is no, no reason for you to run around the country because a local scientist has gotten robbed. I hear about terrible things all the time in my neighbor, and am well older then 11, and I still feel no desire to run around chasing villains and potentially be killed.

And finally, what kind of a retort is "It will be brilliant?" You haven't shown us anything. We asked you how this graft system would work and you just said "It will." Well, I still want to know how.

agent destroyer

Years
  • Well..Do you have anything to show?
    To back up that it will be "brilliant"?

Two things I noticed:

1. Team Rocket is commonly depicted as the Mafia organization of the Pokemon world, interested solely in money. From your hints I can awesome that Team Rocket will attempt to sell new pokemon. To whom? Regular people? Probably not. Power hungry dictators? It sounds like the plot to Get Smart just substitute pokemon for nuclear weapons. Who would Team Rocket sell to? All the other evil teams have been disbanded.
    2. Again, why would you help Red? You're an average 11 year old minding your business. There is no, no reason for you to run around the country because a local scientist has gotten robbed. I hear about terrible things all the time in my neighbor, and am well older then 11, and I still feel no desire to run around chasing villains and potentially be killed.

And finally, what kind of a retort is "It will be brilliant?" You haven't shown us anything. We asked you how this graft system would work and you just said "It will." Well, I still want to know how.

all right i think you two deserve some answers.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • Well, obviously its a work of fiction, but let me tell you what I mean. For example, in a game I'm working on, the protagonist goes off on his adventure because he is in love with the rival and wants to impress her. The rival got a pokemon but did not enter the league, instead, she joined the evil team because she was in love with one of the recruiters.

These characters have motives for leaving besides a basic "I want to have an adventure." That idea is tired and cliche. Surely you can come up with something more creative?

Also, would the machine run based on egg groups then?

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well bard is correct all characters must have a reason to why they want to begin their journey

like in my game the character leaves to participate in the Pokemon world cup

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • I'm not trying bash your game. By asking you questions, I'm trying to make your game better and show you what needs to be improved. I'm not trying to dis your game, only to help you.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well back to the game i like the part about red i would love to see him in a lab coat and older than before but this reminds me about the virdian gym is Giovanni still there or then who is the new gym leader

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
    Years
  • Which brings me back to a question: when does this take place in relation to the games? In G/S/C, we see Red as a trainer, which means this must take place after all the Nintendo games. My question is, how long after?

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • well back to the game i like the part about red i would love to see him in a lab coat and older than before but this reminds me about the virdian gym is Giovanni still there or then who is the new gym leader

I'm sorry, Freak A, but did you play GSC? Because if you did, you would know that Blue [Gary, so to speak] replaced Giovanni as Gym Leader of Viridan.

:-/

A few more nitpicks. You say that Jesse and James are Team Rocket's Elite Duo. Are you crazy? Those fools couldn't capture a pikachu from a 10 year old boy. That's sad. And not Elite, if you ask me.

ALSO: It sounds to me that you'll be doing something like Coloseum, where some friend follows you and you always double battle. As fun as Coloseum was, it wouldn't be fun as one of the handheld games. :)

Keep up the work, though. When I started my game [see Bards' other comment,] I didn't have much of anything, perhaps less than you. But a good thing to use, is edittation. Don't be too hasty to edit your stuff, it will more often that not, come out better.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well no actually i never got to end GSC it got stolen along with my GBC in 2004 that is when i got my GBA and saphire

Years
  • well no actually i never got to end GSC it got stolen along with my GBC in 2004 that is when i got my GBA and saphire

I'm not trying to be mean.. but honestly, no one cares.
    Just don't state things your unsure of.
    As for this game, the whole combining pokemon i think is to complex.
    I would just make it so your catch pokemon it would make much more sense.
    What year is this game suppose to take place in anyway?
    (How many years after D/P/Pt)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2010
    I love the idea of a Team Rocket based game! Giovanni was always one of my favorite characters in the original game, and I was disappointed because he didn't make any appearances past the first generations games and Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red. So kudos to you for bringing back Giovanni and Team Rocket because all the other evil teams/bosses pale in comparison!

Back