• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
With them bringing back Magby-Magmar-Magmortar, I get the feeling they will bring back Elekid-Electabuzz-Electivire as well, and so my question is: Does anyone else feel the same way?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Anyway, I'm really hoping they bring in Magikarp and Gyarados. <3
Maybe not give them as many routes and towns as they have been given since the franchise began, but a little something, maybe like one or two routes.

This, I'd like to see. After all, Magikarp and Gyarados were in the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Dexes. I don't see any reason to exclude them from the new Unova Dex. At least I don't have to waste P500 to buy one like in the original B/W.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oui.
And I would have thought that when they made Black and White, but Emolga's only importance was that it was in Elesa's team and that you could trade a Boldore for one. Other than that it was pretty absent. If they do bring back Pikachu I hope they give it a little more importance than it has been given. As much as I don't like it, it IS the franchise's mascot You'd expect to see a little more of it.

Anyway, I'm really hoping they bring in Magikarp and Gyarados. <3
Maybe not give them as many routes and towns as they have been given since the franchise began, but a little something, maybe like one or two routes.

Yeah I want Gyarados too, maybe someone around route 17/18 if they're still accessible might own one, too. But yeah other than maybe being on the fishing rod I don't really think they fit in much. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
This, I'd like to see. After all, Magikarp and Gyarados were in the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh Dexes. I don't see any reason to exclude them from the new Unova Dex. At least I don't have to waste P500 to buy one like in the original B/W.
That one's my favorite. ;;
But yeah! They've appeared wild in every game, let them have a shot in this one, even if it is on just one route!

Yeah I want Gyarados too, maybe someone around route 17/18 if they're still accessible might own one, too. But yeah other than maybe being on the fishing rod I don't really think they fit in much. XD;

No they don't at all, really. xD
But it'd be nice if they were placed in at least one little route where you can catch them off of a rod or something. Maybe the little surfing spots or something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
No they don't at all, really. xD
But it'd be nice if they were placed in at least one little route where you can catch them off of a rod or something. Maybe the little surfing spots or something.

Or maybe a larger event than what was at the bridge in B/W when you got Magikarp. A Gyarados/Magikarp fishing contest, winner gets one and a prize for whichever is biggest? And for that to be the only place to catch them obv. Maybe near where Shizui is found. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

Or maybe a larger event than what was at the bridge in B/W when you got Magikarp. A Gyarados/Magikarp fishing contest, winner gets one and a prize for whichever is biggest? And for that to be the only place to catch them obv. Maybe near where Shizui is found. :3

-twitch-
That would be beautiful! D8
Gyarados AND Shizui (dat tan) in one sitting? You ma'am, are a genius.
I'm hoping they add a lot more Water-type Pokemon into the games, as well. I'd love to see Goldeen and Seaking make a return. <3
There are plenty of little ponds for them to live in, too! Lotad and its family would be pretty epic to have added to the games, as well. No Tentacool. Leave that little guy out. :c

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since we're talking about whether or not Magikarp and Gyarados would be in the game, how about Feebas and Milotic? All 4 Pokemon were together in the Hoenn and Sinnoh dexes, plus they're counterparts to one another (Magikarp to Feebas and Gyarados to Milotic).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really don't see them making a return. Given that they were the rarest in Hoenn and that we think R/S remakes are soon, imo I think they'll save them for the remakes rather than give them an appearance in B2W2.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Idk, I could see them making a return. Maybe have much less importance than a possible Magikarp/Gyarados return, but still be there. They may very well be in the same area with the same appearance rate, Magikarp and Feebas having 40%, Milotic and Gyarados having 10% or w/e. Either way, I don't see them really taking them out just because of the possibility of an R/S remake.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
So far, we have...

Riolu Lucario
Psyduck Golduck
Lapras
Belbum Metang Metagross
Larvitar Pupitar Tyranitar
Sneasel Weavile
Growlithe Arcanine
Mareep Flaafy Ampharos
Eevee Vaporeon Jolteon Flareon Espeon Umbreon Leafeon Glaceon
Grimer Muk
Koffing Weezing
Absol
Wingull Pelipper
Drifloon Drifblim
Sunkern Sunflora
Zangoose
Seviper
Buneary Lopunny
Magnemite Magneton Magnezone
Magby Magmar Magmortar
Azurill Marill Azumarill
Mantyke Mantine
Zubat Golbat Crobat

...which brings us to... only 55/150 of the old Pokemon known to us so far. That's not many! But, if we add all the Eastern Unova ones, all the Swarms, and all the ones found by fishing (all from BW), we get WAY OVER 150. Thus, I think it's safe to say that the 150 old Pokemon that are in the Unova Dex are just the ones that are found before completing the main storyline, while others will show up after beating the main game.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I WANT my Milotics!! I got one postgame at rt 1 and it's awesome, but it took foreeeeever to catch! Sadly, they prob. won't be included...

Weren't they included in B/W? I don't see why they would take them out in the new ones...

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013

Weren't they included in B/W? I don't see why they would take them out in the new ones...
Because not all the Gen 1-4 Pokemon are gonna fit in the expanded Unova Regional Pokedex, as I was saying above. After you beat the main storyline, however, I don't see any reason why Feebas wouldn't be included.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I wonder if the will pull an Emerald on us and give us one of the Sinnoh starters after we beat the game.

Remember, in Emerald, they gave one of the Johto starters to us.

Even though B2W2 is a sequel, it could happen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I wonder if the will pull an Emerald on us and give us one of the Sinnoh starters after we beat the game.

Remember, in Emerald, they gave one of the Johto starters to us.

Even though B2W2 is a sequel, it could happen.

That would be kinda boring to do imo. XD; We receive every set of starters basically in every game (okay minus a few, but still) and having to choose from the Sinnoh group would just kinda lose the appeal of Unova just having its own + new natives. :(

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years

That would be kinda boring to do imo. XD; We receive every set of starters basically in every game (okay minus a few, but still) and having to choose from the Sinnoh group would just kinda lose the appeal of Unova just having its own + new natives. :(

Now that I think of it, it would be kinda boring to do, but again, it was just a thought.
------------------------------
I really wish they'd at least release some new Pokedexes news sometime soon before the release.
I really want these two lines to return
Bagon-Shelgon-Salamence
Dratini-Dragonair-Dragonite

They are overused, but they are amazing nonetheless.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I always found Salamence really boring. I mean, he's like...the most basic dragon-looking thing you can have. :( Idk not one I would ever use, haha.

blue

gucci
Years
I can see Taillow & Hoothoot being available early on as the bird Pokémon, I can see them fitting in quite nicely.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I can see Taillow & Hoothoot being available early on as the bird Pokémon, I can see them fitting in quite nicely.

Either them or Starly, because Starly is pretty amazing for a start off bird.
Starly could fit in okay just as well as Tailow and Hoothoot for the early on bird.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well it'll be nice if we could get the Sinnoh starters to cut off from the old DS games much like gen IV did with gen III with HgSs.
I see two of the regional birds being in one game and the other two in the other. Pigey and Hoothoot in Black 2 with Swallow and Starly in White 2 or vise versa/ another combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back