• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PKMN Alt

MGDubois

Comic Maker
Years
  • So in this thread I decided since I have over 50 pages worth of webcomic I'd post a few pages of the first chapter along with a link to the rest of the comic, so if you guys like what you see you'll know where to find the rest.

I update this comic weekly so I'll just update this thread with more pages from time to time, I guess. Also I'll put some of my various Pokemon related artworks here too! :D

So here goes:

Edit: Added more drawings.

Spoiler:

Other Artworks

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Wow, these are pretty cool.

One thing I would say is look at the human anatomy. For example, on the first page, when collecting the Pokéballs, his hand kinda... bends? And his other hand looks like some kind of alien hand developed to impale its victims. Anyway, it's not that bad, my analogies seem kinda extreme but you get the point. Just try and look at you own hand and others' hands as they pick stuff up and do stuff, and do that with the whole body too. Some practise sketches never hurt, and you can put them here too. Another small thing I noticed is that your character's jaw seems a little wonky. Try and make it a little sharper. If you wanna go for the anime-style face, a sharp jaw-line is essential. Yours seem just a tad too... chubby? No, not quite that but perhaps try and refine them a little. I do realise this is done with pixel art, and is hard to achieve, and I admire what you've got so far, so don't take this thinking I think it's crap, not at all! You're good, and I wanna help you get even better ;)

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i must say, it's nice to see some new kind of artwork such as a comic! i've never had an idea or the skills to create one.

Wow, these are pretty cool.

One thing I would say is look at the human anatomy. For example, on the first page, when collecting the Pokéballs, his hand kinda... bends? And his other hand looks like some kind of alien hand developed to impale its victims. Anyway, it's not that bad, my analogies seem kinda extreme but you get the point. Just try and look at you own hand and others' hands as they pick stuff up and do stuff, and do that with the whole body too. Some practise sketches never hurt, and you can put them here too. Another small thing I noticed is that your character's jaw seems a little wonky. Try and make it a little sharper. If you wanna go for the anime-style face, a sharp jaw-line is essential. Yours seem just a tad too... chubby? No, not quite that but perhaps try and refine them a little. I do realise this is done with pixel art, and is hard to achieve, and I admire what you've got so far, so don't take this thinking I think it's crap, not at all! You're good, and I wanna help you get even better ;)

i completely agree with Aiden. when i first saw your drawings, i think you have the comic look down with the sketchiness. i like how you create shadows and depth from using different line techniques. what first bothered me about the characters was the fact that their face is somewhat boxy. i feel like the face is much more smoother. also, the hand in the first post did bother me too. i remember when i took drawing class, that was one of the first things we did! we had to stare at our hand and draw it! (such a pain!) i always have difficulty drawing people, so you are already much more advanced at drawing than i am! if you were to go more for an anime style, i would definitely try to get the glossy eye down. it seems you have somewhat of a glossy eye, but it's not as depth as the other parts of the comics. i must say, i hope you keep drawing this comic and creating more. i do really like your style!

MGDubois

Comic Maker
    Years
  • One thing I would say is look at the human anatomy. For example, on the first page, when collecting the Pokéballs, his hand kinda... bends? And his other hand looks like some kind of alien hand developed to impale its victims. Anyway, it's not that bad, my analogies seem kinda extreme but you get the point. Just try and look at you own hand and others' hands as they pick stuff up and do stuff, and do that with the whole body too. Some practise sketches never hurt, and you can put them here too. Another small thing I noticed is that your character's jaw seems a little wonky. Try and make it a little sharper. If you wanna go for the anime-style face, a sharp jaw-line is essential. Yours seem just a tad too... chubby? No, not quite that but perhaps try and refine them a little. I do realise this is done with pixel art, and is hard to achieve, and I admire what you've got so far, so don't take this thinking I think it's crap, not at all! You're good, and I wanna help you get even better ;)

i completely agree with Aiden. when i first saw your drawings, i think you have the comic look down with the sketchiness. i like how you create shadows and depth from using different line techniques. what first bothered me about the characters was the fact that their face is somewhat boxy. i feel like the face is much more smoother. also, the hand in the first post did bother me too. i remember when i took drawing class, that was one of the first things we did! we had to stare at our hand and draw it! (such a pain!) i always have difficulty drawing people, so you are already much more advanced at drawing than i am! if you were to go more for an anime style, i would definitely try to get the glossy eye down. it seems you have somewhat of a glossy eye, but it's not as depth as the other parts of the comics. i must say, i hope you keep drawing this comic and creating more. i do really like your style!

Thank you both for the advice and encouragement, you honestly have no idea how much it means to me.

Yeah when I look back at those pages I can see what you two mean, but that was a year ago... I was pretty terrible when I first started. You should check out the rest of the comic to see how far I've come since then. It's by no means anywhere near as good as a lot of artists out there, but the whole reason I started this comic was to have something of a timescale to see how my style develops over the years to come. With that being said, I'm uploading a new page today! So feel free to have a look.

Back