• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(OU) Sandbox Tornado (R/F/C for R/F/C)

PKMN Trainer Silver

PKMN Master
Years
Hello, PKMN Trainer Silver here with a new team I built specific for the fun of having a Sandstorm team that seem pretty common in the Meta these days. It should be noted that I don't run a Heatran or Magnezone on these team because of typing and limited space. However, if you would like when you rate/fix/comment on my team to throw ideas of where other pokes could fit, believe me I have a list of Pokes that I would love to run with this team, feel free. If you want me to comment on your team, please leave a link and I will get to it when I have free time.
EVs are set up in a HP-Atk-Def-SpA-SpD-Spe order.

Tyrant /Tyranitar– Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252-32-0-0-224-0
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Payback

The Tyrant is pretty much what it says, it's going to set up some Rocks and then plow through Pokes that don't carry a fighting move. Stone Edge is going to wipe Gyarados that don't kill it, Earthquake takes carry over pesky Steel types that come in (probably needs to be on the switch), and Payback...it works very well with Tyrant being slow. I'm getting about 40% more damage done on a Payback than I am with Crunch, and 40% of Tyrants ATK is pretty big.

Death Eagle/Skarmory – Shed Shell
Nature: Impish
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252-64-176-0-0-16
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Drill Peck
-Roost

Skarmory is another one of those Pokes that I use to really shake things up. I have Spikes on here because somethings may resist it, but something wont's and Whirlwinding them into Rocks and a 25% HP loss is pretty big damage, at least 32.5% which is more than enough to do most Pokes in on a counter. Drill Peck is so I'm not stalled by Taunt and it deals with Fighting Types, especially Heracross..oh how I hate thee Heracross. Roost gives me a reheal at the cost of making me vulnerable to Fighting and Ground. Shed Shell was really just to get away from the Magnezone and since I have Roost I can reheal instead of relying on Leftovers.

Blaze /Infernape –Life Orb
Nature: Naive
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 0-64-0-252-0-192
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot
- Hidden Power Ice

This was something I really had to fight with because I was thinking Heatran, but I really wanted to break my Fighting weakness (which really wasn't as big as I thought it would be, but at the time I thought it would be worse) Infernape is really here to deal with Rock and Steel Pokemon that want to take advantage of Sandstorm. Fire Blast is 120 Power 80 STAB move...I was thinking about Flare Blitz but that recoil in a sandstorm is too much. I could also use Flamethrower for more reliability. Grass Knot allows me to deal with Bulky Water types like Swampert pretty efficiently. Hidden Power of Ice lets me really let loose on Flying and Ground who 2x me and OHKO Flygon, Salamence, pretty much anything with an Ice weakness.

Red Eyes! /Flygon – Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4-252-0-0-0-252
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-U Turn

My own Flygon, it's a revenge killer. It's going to come in and if it's not going to wipe something off the field it'll U Turn into something that can. Outrage is the most powerful Dragon STAB move it has, though I don't like being locked in with a Scarf, EQ is the second stab and is a little more okay, but a lot of things can come in and set up on it if it has an immunity to Ground. Fire Blast is really for some extra coverage (note it doesn't OHKO Magnezone like I hoped it would) and does a hurt on Skarmory who would otherwise wall this set. U Turn lets me come in, scout, and then GTFO.

Cuts Paper/ Scizor– Choice Band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248-252-0-0-0-8
-Bullet Punch
-U Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit
The menace that is Scizor...pretty standard Choice Band set, it's hitting for 50% more power in exchange for being locked. Bullet Punch is a great revenge killer. Superpower lets me hit other Steel Pokes for some serious damage. Pursuit I used for the switches..though if I have the set up, switching isn't probably going to happen. U Turn lets me GTFO of there before I get trapped and locked into a move that isn't going to help.

Dirtyboy/Rotom -W – Leftovers
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252-0-168-0-0-88
-Discharge
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

I went with Rotom here because I released that I had yet to include Water or Electric (both of which might come in handy) to my team, so I found Rotom. Discharge strikes for STAB and has a 30% Paralyze rate which is good for things that can't be Burned or that would Normally Outspeed and kill Rotom. Hydro Pump was really like, 120 Power 80 Acc, it's Spec Stone Edge. I have a lot of hit or miss (Fire Blast, Stone Edge, etc) moves so this was really something I had to commit to. Will-O-Wisp induces that painful burn that saps ATK power and then strikes hard with an attack move. Shadow Ball gives another STAB and more coverage with the the bonus of possibly lowering their SpD.

Record thus far: 1 Win 0 Loss
Notes:
-One of the biggest problems I've had thus far was with Togekiss and being hit with Thunder Wave and Air Slash.

Well that's the team, hope to see ya on the battlefield.
-Silver

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
We don't need to know stats and weaknesses/resists, it clutters up your thread and makes your team hard to rate. Just stick to this:

Pokémon @ Item
Trait (If required)
EVs
Nature
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4

Back