• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The name...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    i dunno if this has already been done so if it has just close this...

But what r your opinions on the names of theses new games!

I think it should be the other way around 4 heart gold:
    Golden Heart

disscus disscus disscus!

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well yeah I did something now and this will contradict it but whatever.
    If it were to be like that the word gold would have to be changed to golden for it to sound at least like its in english and silver soul just doesn't make sense.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well yeah I did something now and this will contradict it but whatever.
    If it were to be like that the word gold would have to be changed to golden for it to sound at least like its in english and silver soul just doesn't make sense.
    guess thats also very true XD, :|

Ayselipera

Well I had first heard before the offcial announcement that the games were going to be called Dawngold and Dusksilver or maybe the other way around I don't really remember. Which I thought were great names compared to Heartgold and Soulsilver. Still I don't really care what its called it just better be fun to play.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well I had first heard before the offcial announcement that the games were going to be called Dawngold and Dusksilver or maybe the other way around I don't really remember. Which I thought were great names compared to Heartgold and Soulsilver. Still I don't really care what its called it just better be fun to play.
    Oh seen hurd of those and seen the covers there fake!
    2307560349_3bda800922.jpg

Years
  • I like Heart Gold and Soul Silver better than Dusk/Dawn whatever. It looks nicer on paper, and the icons that go with them look pretty. If the names were changed, we wouldn't have the nice looking icons that go with it. The titles remind me of Kingdom Hearts (another cool game). I also like these names better than FireRed and LeafGreen. The names for these remakes are better than I expected.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2010
    Heart Gold and Soul Silver are really good titles i think, but whenever i read/hear "Heart Gold" i always think, the stripper with the heart of gold lol
    xD (from Pretty Woman)

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • It kind of reminds me of Captain Planet, where there was this one ring thingy called Heart. And the kid would just raise his fist into the air and scream at the top of his lungs: "HEART!"

That is what I think of every time I think of the names. Yes.

I don't really care what's on the box rather than what's inside, though. Dusk/Dawn were pretty bloody good names, but I just want a good game.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I don't like them. They just sound so... crap.
    I would much prefer the fake names. (Dawngold and Dusksilver)

I honestly would to but I am getting used to the current names. I think they make sense anyway.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 10, 2023
    I would have prefered Shiny Gold and Sparkling Silver but thats just a mouthful lol Hg/Ss isnt bad specially since its nintendo/game freak and how they love to pull off puns. "Heart & Soul" reference to one of the most annoying songs lol. My choir teacher banned people from playing it on the piano lol Anyway I do have to agree the names could be better but what they make of the names with the art, works.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I'm pretty neutral either way on the names, and I'm used to them by now anyway. And I agree with Ricochet! in that it doesn't matter so much what's on the outside of the box as the quality of the game itself. As long as the game is good, I could care less what it's called.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • Heart Gold reminds me of those cheap necklaces you can buy from Argos.

Soul Silver sounds kinda... Weird... Out of the two, I prefer HG, however.

I lol'd.

HeartGold sounds horrible, but reminds me of heart of gold, so it's not that bad. DuskGold was better.
    SoulSilver reminds me of heart and soul of -, and it sounds better then HeartGold. DawnSilver was better then it though.
    Doesn't matter though; the name of the game won't stop me buying it.

Years
  • Nen actually likes the names. They're different, but surprisingly creative. Especially when compared to "LeafGreen" and "FireRed". C:
    I doubt the names will affect how epic the remakes themselves will be, though. Don't judge a game by its title~ /corniness

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х
    Years
  • I liked them when they were Dusk and Dawn.
    If I had to I would change Soul Silver to Silver Tide/Rain/Ocean.
    Heart Gold to Blazing Gold or Sky Gold/Golden Sky.

Sounds a bit better.
    I can see Soul Silver meaning like, a dull yet interesting Soul while Heart Gold gives itself away. A person with a true and pure heart.

Back