• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Search function kinda broken?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Okie dokie so I've had this problem for a while now and now I'm actually getting around to making a thread ahaha. Anyway I used to use the search function pretty routinely when I wanted to check where I've been mentioned/quoted because I'm an idiot and accidentally dismiss notifications pretty regularly. But for like a few months now it just hasn't worked? If I search Aquacorde the first result I get is from March 2016, and if I search Anna the first result is from July 2016. But... both those names are still in the pairing thread (oops) and that thing's last update was August 2016.

Sooooo what's up? is it just that every single search function we have is breaking one by one or what

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Personally it's one of those functions I use daily and has always been one of the most useful aspects of any forum, for me. If at all possible I would appreciate seeing it return also.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Do you want to give an example of a search for me, just so I can ascertain what's not working?
ummm I don't know all of what you need but heres the search id it gives me http://www.pokecommunity.com/search.php?searchid=7136978

heres screenshots:
Spoiler:

Years
Basically, it's been happening since July and I had just assumed it'd been like this to optimize the heavy server load. I would love to see if it could be fixed as well!

Back