• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] two thousand and now

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hi there. You may know some of my work from my previous galleries, my latest being this one. My name is Gav, so you'll see my name scribbled or placed at the end of some of my pieces below, and indeed, in my previous work. You may also call me stranger, whatever suits. Every year I remain on this forum, I hope to make a new gallery to motivate me to post some of my work. Without further adieu, here are some pieces laying about on my PC. A lot of this newer work is mediocre, but as I say, I hope to feel motivated to work on my artwork again. All this work is new, actually, it was all done this week in fact. So there's not much of it, if you're not familiar with my stuff you can check out my previous gallery as linked previously.

Photography

Design

Single cover I worked on for an upcoming singer/songwriter in my city. You can listen to that track here.

Artwork

--

Feel free to click the image for a larger preview for anything in Artwork/Design. As I say, I know it's not much. I actually have some other work laying about which I'll get around to showing too. Right now, I guess it's nice to have a thread open again, here's to a lame attempt at trying to keep it that way.

Peace, stranger.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Aaaaabbbbbbbbbb!!!

It's been forever and a day since we last had a chance to exchange comments on graphics and art- I'm glad I just happened to be online when you posted this wonderful gallery!

Honestly, I'm no expert on photography seeing as I'll be the first to admit I'm downright awful at it- but just as a regular joe viewer with no knowledge on the techniques that go into photography, I'm not sure I'm a big fan of how light the first two pictures are. Well, more specifically the first one. The lack of contrast used here doesn't quite appeal to me as much as it does in the one with the empty can (where it is p e r f e c t imo) mostly because of all the black at the bottom which.... kind of throws off the whole scene? It's just a bit awkward in my opinion, that it's all so light and it feels hard to settle my eyes somewhere and it makes it feel almost over-processed....?

But- the one with the can and the lake? Love it-- 100% love it. I would say why I love it, but I'm not quite sure how to put it into words-- I just look at it and it feels right. Ahaha, I'm obviously not used to critiquing photographs, so I'll just move on....

The art piece is wonderfullll I love the splatters it really adds to the flow and such but-- not... so much of a fan of the white smear down the middle. It just kind of interuppts the whole image a bit-- and I think a bit more careful rendering on the hands would've done this piece some good, but it's not too big of a deal since they're not really the point of focus. I love the texturing in the brush strokes though, and the grayscale works perfectly.

When did you get so good at painting holy crap hahaha

Can't wait to see more of your stuff Ab, it's always good to see an old familiar face around!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Good to see you too Loki! My photos are pretty rough I agree, they weren't planned either. Just a random day out, where all I had was an iPhone and I had to make do lol.

Thanks for those comments too! I actually went away and worked on that painting some more. Fixed up the hands, added some noise, made a more obvious colour palette, added some blur/depth, and some more lighting. Oh, and removed the stroke!

Here's the old, below is the new.
    Spoiler:

Thanks for the crit, it actually helped me notice what this piece was missing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Some pixel art I did yesterday & today.

This one is a WIP, trying to keep the palette limited, and making some sort of background with what I have will be hard.

skull_kid.png

A scene of Darkrai, the left side is blank because it's meant for a ROM Hack title screen. For a few friends of mine.

bg.png

I'll probably have more stuff coming into the Summer :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Bleh, been ages. I'll share some of my paintings that I haven't already. Hover over the finished pieces to get a link to their higher resolution. Some are wallpaper sized.

Process
    Spoiler:

Some album design/artwork work I did recently for a musician in my city.

cd3-848x565.png

cd2-848x565.png

CD1-848x565.png

For good measure, here's a video editing project I did recently, using CC materials. Though it's only my first video project so I don't count it as a "finished piece", more just for practice.

You can see more of my work at my portfolio. Thanks for viewing.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I didn't know that you were an artist, Gav. Some of these look really good! I particularly like the painting of Joel.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Those drawings are amazing! I thought the batman picture was an edited photo but then I saw the process, really great stuff! I am wondering if you have a finished version of that pixelart piece you did earlier this year. It looks really interesting.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    A poster I did based for the show True Detective (which is a totally amazing show which everyone should watch for real).
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Just a practice painting. I haven't been doing much art related stuff lately :(
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A poster I did based for the show True Detective (which is a totally amazing show which everyone should watch for real).
    Spoiler:
    Really nicely artsily done, and yes amazing show. Especially if you happen to be a fan of McConaughey 8)

Just a practice painting. I haven't been doing much art related stuff lately :(
    Spoiler:
    Is that you Gav tehehe

If you need inspiration for more art related stuff I have a word right here: Ellie 8)

Back