• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team For X

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Hey guys I was looking for input for one or two pokemom, the pokemon I list are ones that I am FOR SURE using so keep them in mind please! Also I want to have every HM spread through my team nicely so I dont waste a pokemon slot! I WILL NOT remove any of the ones I listed! Any input would be nice, here they are:

Greninja - Ability: Torrent
Talonflame - Ability: Flame Body
Linoone - Ability: Pickup
Malamar - Ability: Suction Cups

Please, I need help with TWO more pokemon that can fit in the HMs I am in need of! Also movesets would be great!

I was thinking of also adding klefki but I am not sure if id be able to fit all HMs if I use him but if you can please incorporate klefki, if not thats okay! Here are a few pokemon I like so you have something to go on but you DONT HAVE TO use the ones I list below! The only for sure ones I have planned are Greninja, Talonflame, Linoone and Malamar!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REMEMBER MOVESETS! Please dont tell me what nature and evs and such to choose as its just for ingame play I will make a new team for online and battle maison when I complete my pokedex! However I did get lucky on my froakie starter and I was just soft resetting to get a female and my first female was timid! LOL

Okay anyways, thats good enough! Please as a reminder use all HMs throughout the team, spread them out :)

And here is the list of the pokemon I like most: Nidoking, Victreebel, Gengar, Exeggcutor, Heracross, Ursaring, Weavile, Mamoswine, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Breloom, MAWILE (LOVE this guy!), Aggron, Absol, Torterra, Empoleon, Lopunny, Skuntank, Spiritomb, Drapion, Gliscor, Abomasnow, Krookodile, Garbodor, Muk, Hydreigon, Diggersby, Tyrantrum, Aurorus,Gourgeist, Noivern.

You dont need to use these its just an example of what I like and if you can fit any in with full HM usage and good coverage for my weakspots on the four I have listed as must haves for my team (Greninja, Talonflame, Linoone, Malamar)!

Thank you so much,
Sylvitar

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You can give Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and possibly Surf to Linoone, and Waterfall and maybe Surf to Greninja.

As for your final two team members, I'd recommend Gliscor and Florges. Florges can deal with dragons, Dark types, and Fighting types, and it can learn Grass-type moves. Gliscor can keep Electric, Bug, and Fighting types at bay.

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
I really dont want an HM slave and thats what your saying I should do with Linoone? I think this poke is better than that, maybe one or two HMs but would like to spread them out so all the pokes are useful...any recommendations on movesets and other pokes? I like the gliscor recommendation but not really florges...thanks though!

Sylvitar

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I would have suggested Hydreigon, but it's sort of bad this generation, as it has four-type weakness against fairy types. :( Fairy Pokémon aren't that common, though, so you could still give it a go if you wish. Another one you should try is Gengar; have it on my team right now, and so far, it's great. Very easy to utilize, haha.

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
So far I have this:

Linoone - Strength, Return, Dig, Shadow Claw
Greninja - Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Grass Knot
Talonflame - Fly, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Roost
Malamar - Cut, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Rock Slide
Mawile - Sucker Punch, Iron Head, Play Rough, Power-Up Punch

Have room for one more, HELP?!?!

Sylvitar

Last edited:
Years
So far I have this:

Linoone - Strength, Return, Dig, Shadow Claw
Greninja - Surf, Waterfall, Ice Beam, Grass Knot
Talonflame - Fly, Brave Bird, Flare Blitz, Roost
Malamar - Cut, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Rock Slide
Mawile - Sucker Punch, Iron Head, Play Rough, Power-Up Punch

Have room for one more, HELP?!?!

Sylvitar

Based on the team and movesets you've given, I believe you're pretty well set with type coverage, which in my opinion is all you really need to worry about during the in game story.
I know it's not really what the question asked, but honestly, for your 6th slot, just use a Pokemon you've never used before and that you've always wanted to. It'd be a waste of experience if you didn't in my opinion.
Good luck.

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Any recommendations for the last one? Can someone recommend a good staller pokemon for incase things get bad and thats the only pokemon left, I want it to be able to stall kill most pokemon with ease, maybe toxic stall with gliscor or something idk, someone help with this please? Moveset too?

Thanks!
UB3R_N00B

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I'd go with Gliscor if I were you. I highly recommend that you give it Earthquake, as it gets STAB and it can demolish Electric and Steel types. Also, I see you're considering Toxic, but you could also run Taunt instead, to cripple walls and setup sweepers. For the third move, you could give it Roost for recovery, or Protect to avoid damage. As for the fourth move, you should go with either Ice Fang or U-turn.

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
You dont think i need a specific type of pokemon or pokemon that can use a bunch of different moves? Perhaps find an HA gligar and somehow try to find a toxic orb AND a razor fang to evolve that gligar, was thinking of this moveset; Toxic, Knock Off, Roost, Earthquake.

HOWEVER, if I cant find those I will need some suggestions!

Years
Aggron? Mega Aggron more specifically. Incredible defences. You'd also get a lot more coverage with the steel, ground and rock type.

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
My mawile will be my mega :/ dont want two of them, any other recommendations?

classiccartoonsftw

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You could also go with Nidoking. Its hidden ability is Sheer Force, and it gets great moves to abuse it with, like Earth Power, Sludge Bomb, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Shadow Ball. Also, Nidoran M can be found in hordes in Route 11, which is earlier than you can get the Gligar line. Even better, Nidoran from hordes have a chance to have their hidden ability, Hustle, which ultimately evolves into Sheer Force Nidoking.

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
How can I find out BEFORE catching the nidoran M that it has its hidden ability?

UB3R_N00B

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Gonna use Mamoswine instead as my last pokemon! Anyone have some moveset recommendations and some cool names for this beast? :)

UB3R_N00B

Back