• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeball-based Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    So, weeks ago a new Pokemon was introduced. Magearna has the design based on a pokeball.

I have a weird thought. Before magearna, we already have Pokemon based on a pokeball. But, not all of us aware that they have pattern.

Voltorb and Electrode is introduced in gen I
    Not may of us realise, Slakoth's eyes look like a pokeball, that's gen III
    and the punny Fungus Among us is in gen V

They're all odd-numbered generations.
    Is that intentional?
    Is it a hint that Magearna IS gen VII, not 6.5? (some people still thing sun/moon as gen 6.5)

Thoughts?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm not sure the generation talk can be seen like that. With new consoles or drastically changed gameplay/graphics comes a new generation. If they change a lot of things, they may call it "the next generation of pokemon gaming" and then we'll definitely know.

But also if there are any new pokemon, as has already been confirmed, it has always been a new generation. So gen 7 regardless of pokeball conspiracies, I'd say (;

Years
  • I hope it's gen 7 and it could be. Game Freak and Nintendo love doing things out of the ordinary! People were expecting Pokemon Z and we get 2 games that no one anticipated.

Back