• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are the Silliest Pokemon Theories You've Ever Heard?

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I once saw a theory that stated that Nidoqueen were all examples of lesbians coming to terms with their sexuality late in life, and that's why Nidoqueen and Nidoking can't breed.

What are the silliest ones you've seen? Especially ones with no supporting evidence and no basis in canon at all.

pkmin3033

Well, there was the whole "Ash is in a coma" theory...that was pretty out there. The best read I've had since the whole "Squall is dead" theory, though!

Pretty much every shipping in the anime qualifies as this, too. Oh yes. I went there. Do your worst.

One really weird one I remember that was quite popular when I was in school was that there was a way to reach the Orange Islands in Pokemon Yellow, and that you could get Brock and Misty to follow you around the same way that Pikachu did.

Guest123_x1

Probably the silliest of the Pokémon theories that I've ever heard about was the concept of PokéGods, where the Generation I games had extra Pokémon beyond the original 151, including "Pikablu", "Flareth", "Chrona Mew", and even "Parasite".
    Another incredibly silly theory was "Bill's Secret Garden" behind his house at the end of Route 25, also in the Generation I games.

Last edited:
    Years
  • There were 'extra' Pokémon in the form of Missingno., etc., so in that sense that wasn't by itself that far-fetched. A few of these have resemblances in G/S/C. Bill was a bit of a let-down, in a way, because despite being introduced in terms of slightly outré experiments involving altering Pokémon, etc., they generally faded out apart from that, and hence people suggesting that there might have been some experimental residues to find wouldn't be that surprising. There were somewhat related mechanisms, such as the hybridity thing using the computers, which they may have been vaguely aware of.

Pretty much every shipping in the anime qualifies as this, too. Oh yes. I went there. Do your worst.
    To be fair, such things are often portrayed in the anime, or are actual themes there. More recently, many romance-themes episodes occurred due to Serena's presence, and there was a similar thing with May at times, if less so. They also added a romantic touch to OR/AS. Perhaps specific aspects of the ships, but mostly they're just observing things already present in the anime, and also saying that they like these things and they should be taken further.

That said, VineShipping was a bit weird, for instance. Perhaps in the process of shipping everything with everything, people got drunk, as the name would seem to suggest?

There were a few weird things already present in the anime, such as Ash effectively buying Sabrina's badge with a Pokémon, or a whole Gym that males could apparently not usually enter, and Ash's decision to go after the Gyms immediately when his Pikachu had problems even when presented with a simple type advantage.

While the requirements of some glitches may have been in some way symbolic about something existing in the game, usually the ones along the lines of catching every Pokemon, beating the E4 many times (which you could do, but there isn't much in-game reason for it, specifically.), and then decided that you also needed each form of this, and also to arrange them in the PC, could get a bit egregious.

Years
  • A stupid theory I heard about lately is Wally eventually becoming N. I don't see any notable similarities between them aside from the fact they both have green hair.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    One that in the Pokeverse people evolved from different Pokemon, thus explaining why people like different types. You are who you hang out with, I suppose.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I heard a theory that after the events of Colosseum, the Cipher admins (except Miror B) fled to the Unova region and got new identities; Dakim became Alder, Venus became Caitlin and Ein became Colress.

Another theory I heard was that Koffing, Grimer and Trubbish evolved from Ditto (as in real life Darwin evolution) after being exposed to too much air pollution, toxic waste and landfill waste respectively.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    Remember some stupid theories and have to admit... I lost many hours trying... one of em was the box on the truck at SS Anne Gen I, really though was a mew in

Silently Slow

An Okay Guy
    Years
  • Any ProtoMario Pokemon Theory. Here are some wonderful titles: "Trainer Red is a Ghost in Red and Blue?", "Kyurem Eats Children", "Shiny Pokemon were Created by Team Rocket", "Mr. Bonding is a Rapist".

Back