• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Mr Pokemon speculation

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
  • At the start of the game, you are told to meet professor Elms "acquaintance"
    When you finally get there, professer Oak says that Mr Pokemon is an "old friend"

I am going to start the speculation off by saying
    Spoiler:

Thread rules:
    Speculation in spoiler tags

Stay on topic!

Have fun, discuss

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • So...what are we speculating on? Haha. The connection between Oak, Elm and Mr Pokemon?

I've never really thought too much into it, so I haven't got much of a speculation theory, but perhaps Mr Pokemon was an Old rival of Professor Oak's? (Similar to Agatha but less successful?) I don't know. :O

Years
  • IIRC Oak has an e-mail from Elm in GSC, so they seem to be friends.

My extremely boring and simple theory is that Elm visited Oak, and met Mr. Pokémon at the lab.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Mr. Pokemon travels alot so he probably discovered something. the rest is incredibly specualtive. anything to sugget what you said? theorizing is one thing, making a random story is another.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2015
    The game developers needed a character to do a thing, so they decided on these characters.

Boring but ... this was kinda before the time of vast story lines lol.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Just like curiousnathan said, I think that Mr. Pokemon could have been a rival. Maybe Professor Oak would be Blue from Kanto, and Gold and Silver would be the rivals of Professor Elm and Mr. Pokemon. I wish we could know more about him, I wander why they call him Mr. Pokemon?

Years
  • Having someone named Mr. Pokémon at the start of the game was fairly humorous, perhaps inadvertently, especially given their intended role was if anything quite marginal. In any case, it's unlikely that Elm sends people out to visit Mr. Pokémon that regularly, given that he gives the player a Pokémon to do so, and this is presumably not done that often just to facilitate visits, while done rarely enough that they can call up someone new for such a task without any other stand-by.

They aren't held in high repute, and as such Oak seems to be if anything a balance. You suspect that if you removed Mr. Pokémon from the game, then other than the player tripping around a slightly open area, it wouldn't come across as much as a completely new thing unrelated to the previous game.

Just like curiousnathan said, I think that Mr. Pokemon could have been a rival. Maybe Professor Oak would be Blue from Kanto, and Gold and Silver would be the rivals of Professor Elm and Mr. Pokemon. I wish we could know more about him, I wander why they call him Mr. Pokemon
    You might want to explain this.

Also, they probably call him that because if you go backwards - Professor Oak was in the intro and known as the Pokémon prof, so this is to be annoying to him. As curiousnathan said, this could make for a decent sub-plot where he is rivals with Mt. Silver, Judas Priest and Chad Michael Murray. Someone has to be.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    There's nothing much to speculate, unless Elm and Mr. Pokemon are a pair of secret lovers. Lmao

I'd rather speculate Agatha, Oak and Kurt's friendship, as Kurt has a photo of them three together. Agatha wasn't explicitly mentioned, but that young girl in the photo was assumed to be her. Unless that young girl in the pic was Bertha.

Getting back to the main topic, they are just acquaintances/friends and nothing more. HGSS sorta averted this though. But it's not good to stray out of the thread's topic, so I'm stopping, hahaha.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've always just thought he was a reputable retired trainer or something who used to work with Prof Elm and Prof Oak but now just kinda hangs out in his little house by Cherrygrove and does his own thing, but still helps them out occasionally.

Idk lmao, I never really gave him much thought. His name is weird, though.

Back