• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generic intro thread #179

Brivoo

If any mods are reading this, go ahead and delete
Years
  • That's how many there are, I've checked.

Hello to anyone reading! I'm Briv, as you could probably tell from my username. I'm just your average complete nimrod (whether that refers to the legendary hunter or the Bugs Bunny definition I'll let you decide) who has no idea how to work anything on this forum. I mostly joined because of the challenges and the ROM hacking, but if you want to battle or trade give me a shout and I'll do my best to be utterly disappointing.

My profile picture's based on ORAS. I don't even own those games.

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • I don't always welcome people, but when I do I make sure their thread title was creative.

So yeah, hop in! Welcome!

Brivoo

Years
  • Thanks, Euuuh? (I assume that's how it's pronounced).

It's always hard to introduce yourself with a thread in a way that attracts attention and allows you to at least pretend your only friend isn't crushing loneliness.

But hey, I've managed!

Years
  • I'm so shocked you haven't played OR/AS yet, because as a certain super mod who usually hangs around here would say, they are definitely worth a shot. Aside from that, nice to see you Brivoo!

I'd be happy to direct you to the ROM Hacking and Challenges sections since those appear to be your main interests, but it's still nice to hear you plan on checking out other areas as well. Diversity is always great and it's much more awesome when you visit different areas because everyone has their own taste, and you'll make some new friends along the way as well. You can also consider signing up for a mentor in the adoption center to show you around the forums and help you learn the rules a bit better.

Anyways, have fun and I do hope to continue seeing you around the forums! If you ever need help, don't hesitate to ask any staff members in the bolded usernames, but I'm sure anyone will be happy to help you when needed. Take care and see you soon Briv!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's how many there are, I've checked.

Hello to anyone reading! I'm Briv, as you could probably tell from my username. I'm just your average complete nimrod (whether that refers to the legendary hunter or the Bugs Bunny definition I'll let you decide) who has no idea how to work anything on this forum. I mostly joined because of the challenges and the ROM hacking, but if you want to battle or trade give me a shout and I'll do my best to be utterly disappointing.

My profile picture's based on ORAS. I don't even own those games.
    Try 179000nd and you're closer!

Welcome to PC, no matter what number you are. Have you played the original Hoenn games? I have only barely touched ORAS myself, as I don't own a 3DS. But I still love the region. Anyways, if you feel like the crushing loneliness is getting too rough, feel free to drop me a VM, I don't bite. I hope you'll try some less well known parts of PC as well, as there's loads to talk about regardless of your interests here. See you around!

Brivoo

Years
  • @Hikamaru

As much as I'd like to, I'm a bit tight on cash, so I'll just have to wait a few years until they become ROMs and then pplay them illegally like the filthy criminal that I am.

Thanks for the directions, though. In truth, I've been lurking around here for a while now, looking at ROMs, completing challenges and stealing scraps of food, but now that I'm a fully fledged member I can be acknowledged as I continue to do all of those things!

@Matt Smith

Well, the counter says mine' the 179th, but I wouldn't put it past a mischievous machine to try and deceive me. Stephen Hawking said they're planning to kill us all, and he's recognized as, like, really smart.

There's also a joke about Dialga and Rassilon somewhere in there, but the sheer genius and originality of the quip was so overwhelming it caused my brain to purge it from my thoughts in a sort of fail-safe attempt to stop my head from exploding.

Years
  • ROM hacks are what brought me here originally to begin with back in 2006.. but geesh do we have plenty of new ones now. Gotta catch up sometime. xD;; Nice to have you here with us, Briv!

Bahaha I'm sure you'll fit in swimmingly and make plenty of friends so no worries in that regard. I'm totally down with getting to know you as well so feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested! Can't ever get acquainted with too many Pokemon fans. Challenges and of course hacking are popular here so we'll all be looking forward to seeing you around in their respective areas. ;P Have a fantastic experience, yes?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @Matt Smith

Well, the counter says mine' the 179th, but I wouldn't put it past a mischievous machine to try and deceive me. Stephen Hawking said they're planning to kill us all, and he's recognized as, like, really smart.

There's also a joke about Dialga and Rassilon somewhere in there, but the sheer genius and originality of the quip was so overwhelming it caused my brain to purge it from my thoughts in a sort of fail-safe attempt to stop my head from exploding.
    Stephen Hawking is a machine. Wow, I felt so mean typing that up.

Yep, I like you so much already. But now you have to call me Jenna Coleman instead maybe? Sorry, some people here (like me) change avatars a bit too often.

Brivoo

Years
  • ROM hacks are what brought me here originally to begin with back in 2006.. but geesh do we have plenty of new ones now. Gotta catch up sometime. xD;; Nice to have you here with us, Briv!

Bahaha I'm sure you'll fit in swimmingly and make plenty of friends so no worries in that regard. I'm totally down with getting to know you as well so feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested! Can't ever get acquainted with too many Pokemon fans. Challenges and of course hacking are popular here so we'll all be looking forward to seeing you around in their respective areas. ;P Have a fantastic experience, yes?

Oh dear, the pressure's on now. I, uh, I'll try! Probably, maybe.

I lied, I won't. I'm a very lazy person.

Stephen Hawking is a machine. Wow, I felt so mean typing that up.

Yep, I like you so much already. But now you have to call me Jenna Coleman instead maybe? Sorry, some people here (like me) change avatars a bit too often.

I've elected to call you Brown, referencing an entirely different time-travel based franchise and throwing your whole theme out the window.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've elected to call you Brown, referencing an entirely different time-travel based franchise and throwing your whole theme out the window.
    Generic intro thread #179

(sometimes I wish this forum allowed for img only replies)

Back