• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Onyx and Opal

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
  • gosh, i'm not alone in the pokemon opal version thing... oh well. mine is BETTER! lol jk.

this is the story of the oft forgotten Shikoku Region of Japan, turned into the mystic mountainous Niohe Region. For those who have not studied the islands features as well as i have, the island of Shikoku is backed up by a spine of mountains that divide the region into two halves, north and south. it will do the same for Pokemon Opal and Onyx, the two versions focusing on the pure, i said Pure power of the forces of light and darkness.

beginning in the seaside town of Dewdrop, you (the main character, i'm going to try to make this on RM2K3) and your friend decide to help the professor (aspen, a real tree) research the mystical ruins of Cape Purity (shikoku is well known for its lush, scenic capes and i plan to emphasize their importance in the storyline) when the local team (unnamed) gets there first. instantaneously you choose a starter (names revealed later) and battle the grunts (well, duh, they're gonna be weak). after this encounter, you are sent to try and get to the other capes before the rest of the team does.

i do have names of legendaries, though...

Angelite-Fire/Psychic and Demonight-Ice/Dark (or should i go with Lunice and Solaire?)

anyway, if ur interested could u help me with the game making (i'll advertise that later)

thanx, incognito322

Last edited:

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Don't worry~ everyone has his 1st try^^

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Yeah even i've heard it before pokemon topaz and opal maybe ~

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • Story is weak, but if you are just starting, something small like this should be good, but well if all the grunts are weak then it will be too easy, spice it up a bit.

incognito322

Years
  • changes have been made... hopefully for the better

Seraphon and Demonyx are the mascot pokemon.
    Foento region is the region now, based on tohoku for its unique look.

Map coming soon

You and your friend are going to explore the Dewdrop Mines west of Route 401 after hearing that a great treasure lies at the bottom. But on the way to the Mines, you find a strange-looking bag, a bag you've never seen before, lying in the middle of a field of grass. Not having your own Pokemon, you and your friend, filler name Karen, check out the bag. But wild Humminors attack and the two of you are forced to use the Pokemon in the bag, Newtree, Snortle, and Aquill. When you finish, you read the name on the bag's front. Karen, realizing it belongs to Professor Aspen, decides the two of you should take a trip to him to return the lost property.
    You take the path down the road to the Pokemon National Research Lab, which happens to be near the entrance to the Dewdrop mines. Suddenly, Karen has second thoughts about returning the Pokemon, and starts to think about keeping them and going into the mines first. But when two grunts from up the path head into the Lab and push them aside, you and her go in to investigate.
    Team Umbra grunts are harassing everyone in the PNRL, and you and Karen decide to fend them off. Another assistant comes in right after, though he or she (depending on your gender) is not dressed like an assistant. But before you can question her appearance, Karen gives her the third Poke Ball and the three of you fend off the grunts. Then, Erin, an Admin similar to Mars, makes her entrance and retrieves the files that Team Umbra came for. She warns the three of you not to meddle in her affairs anymore, and after mentioning something about keeping a Lake Purity off-limits, she leaves.
    Professor Aspen, once freed, thanks you for your kindness, but urges you to try and stop Team Umbra from doing whatever they're doing. Once the plan is revealed, it will probably be in its final state, and then it will be too late. Then the young assistant talks about what they came for, which was the Foento Version Pokedex. Seeing that all three of you have potential, Professor Aspen hands out the Pokedexes and urges you all to head to Lake Purity as soon as possible. Unfortunately, she has forgotten its whereabouts but that someone at the Pokemon Trainers' School in Artistone City might. And she points you to Alcoverde town, the next town on the road…

Trainers coming soon…

incognito322

Years
  • lol thanks for the criticism... ?

for the revision...

Spoiler:

As for the gym leaders [i am working on the images]

1: Heather, Naturidge City Gym Leader (based on city of Shimanto): Bug Pokemon, Harvest Badge

2: Skylar, Winharbor City Gym Leader (based on Yawatahama): Flying Pokemon, Cyclone Badge

3: Diana, Cascadia City Gym Leader (based on Niihama): Dark Pokemon, Lunar Badge

4: Wyatt, Luminaire City Gym Leader (based on Matsuyama City): Electric Pokemon, Sonic Badge

5: Garrett, Palmacade City Gym Leader (based on Kochi): Dragon Pokemon

6: Felix, Tropicape City Gym Leader (based on Muroto): Fire Pokemon, Caldera Badge

7: Melanie, Aquatech City Gym Leader (based on Imabari): Poison Pokemon, Miasma Badge

8: Allen, Harmonia City Gym Leader (based on Takamatsu): Pokemon Move Types of Every Gym You've Visited, Nature Badge

E4 (on Shodo Island) Victory road is now the route that completely surrounds the E4 with various levels and much harder trainers

Stanley: Steel Type Pokemon, hacks at your endurance as possibly the longest and most irritating battle

Marina: Spunky Water Type user, who you meet in her hometown, tropical resort Palmacade City. She uses dual water types to negate common Water-type weaknesses and is a fan of type-trumping

Bryce: With an allusion to Pryce, he uses chilling Ice-types as an attempt to halt your progress to the final trainter of the elite four.

Vivienne: Though grass-types don't usually stand a chance to their 5 weaknesses, Vivienne redefines type-trumping as she makes a last stand to steal your final battle with the Champion

Allison: Redefined version of Allen, upgraded version of Cynthia, all of her Pokemon use all 17 move types in an effort to type-trump and surprise you with supereffective attacks.

I'm using the Pokemon Essentials starter kit, and i'll post images soon of my growing DP tileset. No wierd, unaligned parts of a building, not leaning, but perfeclty straight DP buildings, and as i have the Platinum rom, i am also ripping some of the newer and enhanced buildings to put in my game. I'll post images of some of the stuff too.

I do need some help with designing some newer pokemon (at least 80) and some DP style charasets for RMXP, so if anyone wants to help...

Back