• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask simple questions here!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    A few hours ago I took over a Gym,collected my Coins and went on my merry way. A few hours later I took over a different Gym but I couldn't collect the Coins because of the Shield I got from a different Gym. I take it you can't collect any Coins no matter how many Gyms you take over for 21hrs after you've took over a Gym?

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • If they had waited to collect coins until after the second gym, would they have gotten double the amount?

That is correct. The Defender bonus grants rewards based on the number of pokemon assigned aka number of gyms claimed.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Spoiler:

Can anyone please explain why the CP457 Nidoran seems to be farther along in it's powering up process? The circular bar thing clearly is closer to the end for it.

This is also backed up by the fact that to power it up it requires 3000 stardust and 3 candies, while the *higher* CP is still 2500 stardust and 2 candies. Can anybody explain this?
    The 457 Nidoran has worse IVs than the other. IV stands for Individual Value and is a measure of how strong a Pokémon's stats are compared to other Pokémon of that same species (each Pokémon has one IV for Attack, one for HP and one for Defence). As CP is a value calculated by using your Pokémon's stats, a Pokémon with worse IVs will naturally have a lower CP. The reason he then costs more to power up is that Pokémon each have a hidden 'level' which goes up each time you power them up, the 457 Nidoran is a higher level than the other Nidoran but has gained less stats per level and as such has got a lower CP value than the other Nidoran. Does this make sense?

A few hours ago I took over a Gym,collected my Coins and went on my merry way. A few hours later I took over a different Gym but I couldn't collect the Coins because of the Shield I got from a different Gym. I take it you can't collect any Coins no matter how many Gyms you take over for 21hrs after you've took over a Gym?
    Yep you're right, 21 hour cooldown on claiming regardless of what happens in between :)

Years
  • Someone I know went to San Francisco today and their game's radar changed to the new one that's being tested out. Does anyone know if this is permanent and will follow you if you leave the area?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    I have a Pokemon in my list that has a yellow star next to it. What does that mean?

Thank you so much! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2016
    Hi Avery!

Thank you so much. Hmmm... I have no idea how I did that but I will look around and see if I can change it because there are others that I would consider my favorite if I had to choose. Does it mean anything specific if a Pokemon is marked as your favorite?

:)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hi Avery!

Thank you so much. Hmmm... I have no idea how I did that but I will look around and see if I can change it because there are others that I would consider my favorite if I had to choose. Does it mean anything specific if a Pokemon is marked as your favorite?

:)

Yeah, right now you should see an outlined star on the top right corner of every Pokemon profile. If you tap it, it turns a yellowish gold.

Not really specific, you can literally favorite any Pokemon you desire, and you can also organize your Pokemon to show up on top first if you favorite them.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • Hmmm... Does it mean anything specific if a Pokemon is marked as your favorite?

1) You can organize your Pokemon by Favourites to put the starred Pokemon at the top of your list.

2) Favourited Pokemon cannot be transferred to the professor for candy - until you take the star off. It's a way of preventing you accidentally sending back your favourite Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Hey guys! I'm currently writing a guide for Pokemon GO (in spanish) and I thought it'd be cool if we all collaborated to create a guide/faq. Plus it'll be extremely easier. As for now I was thinking of only posting the guide here if many people contributes, so there won't be a single person taking all the credit.

There are thousand of articles out there, but chances are that you're gonna spend a good couple of hours browsing the internet to learn most of it. So, anyone interested?
    What kind of information are you looking for to help out with the guide? What kind of stuff do you need from us?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2016
    Am I the only person in the world who cannot access gyms? My game crashes every time i open a gym... sad, cant get coins... yes ive tried all the things, So I assume its a bug, but noone I know has the same problem. Couldnt find a bug thread so......

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    I used to occasionly have issues when trying to attack gyms but that's happening a lot less now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Am I the only person in the world who cannot access gyms? My game crashes every time i open a gym... sad, cant get coins... yes ive tried all the things, So I assume its a bug, but noone I know has the same problem. Couldnt find a bug thread so......

Un-install and re-install the app.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2016
    Attack strength vs attack IV

Hi I'm wondering how important attack IV is for higher level Pokemon with strong attacks, say of 100 or more. My blastoise has a killer move but an attack IV of 0. Should I power up and use him? Or won't it be worth it?

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Damage depends on stats.

A Blastoise with higher attack IVs will deal more damage than a Blastoise with lower attack IVs using the same attack, without factoring in opponent's base defense and stamina stats and IVs.

Simple as that.

A Snorlax using Hyper Beam will deal more damage than a Chansey using Hyper Beam because Chansey has crappy attack stats.

Back