• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EEK A BUG

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I am currently afraid to go into my bathroom because I entered and there was a loud buzzing noise, then I saw the hugest fly ever zipping around the place. So I swiftly exited and shut the door. I don't know how I'm going to brush my teeth tonight.

It's an irrational fear, I totally get that - the fly is harmless but I just can't be around bugs. They're so creepy and gross and eughgjh

How do you deal with bugs? Do you like them, hate them, or just don't really mind or care?

pkmin3033

It depends on what kind of bug it is, really. If it's a fly or a moth, I ignore it. If it's a bee or a wasp I keep an eye on it and just make sure a window is open or that I close the door the second it flies out. If it's a cranefly, I don't rest until the little bastard is dead. I HATE craneflies. I swear, their sole reason for existence is to fly right into the face of the nearest human present, and I don't like insects in my face. So I kill them before they get the chance. I'm generally a passive sort of person (no, really) who is happy to let any sort of creature be around as long as they keep to themselves. Craneflies never do. All craneflies must die. DIE.

Whilst they're not bugs, mother goes out of her way to kill spiders, too. This upsets me, because I like watching their turf wars when they come into contact, and the bigger ones are cool. They also deal with more irritating pests like flies, moths, and craneflies, making them more helpful than harmful. But unfortunately she disagrees with me...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I just use a fly swatter on them unless it's a bee of some sort. I try and put those outside before my cats get to them because they love to play with bugs...lol.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • It depends. If it's a fly I usually kill it. If it's a wasp or a bee I try to get it outside without getting stung. For spiders it depends, if it's a huge thick one I kill it but if it's a smaller one I often can't be bothered to do something about them and just leave them be.

Ladybugs however, I hate them from the bottom of my heart as they're evil incarnate. If I spot one, especially in my room I first make sure I'm far away from it, observe what it's doing and when I'm pretty sure it's not opening its wings and gonna fly straight at me I either grab the vacuum cleaner and suck it up or get a thick layer of toiler paper, catch it and flush it.

If it does start to fly I usually run away and wait for a bit, then look where it might be. I'm not gonna go to sleep or anything until that disgusting thing is dead.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Not really a big fan of any sort of bug, but I can deal with things like bees as long as they don't mess with me. Cockroaches, wasps, spiders, flies, etc...I'm smacking the shit out of them with the nearest object.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I'm okay with any bug honestly, bees I keep my eye on but nothing too superstitious. I don't freak out about wasps, I just walk away from them to avoid getting stung.

But spiders on the other hand are the spawn of satan. like wth are they, who made them. they need a better design ;-;

Years
  • Flies get swatted, just because they're way too annoying and I don't want them around. Too bad it's mostly the small little fruit flies I tend to get, good luck trying to catch those. :T

Most other bugs I tend to just leave alone, even spiders, as long as they don't come over to bother me. Most. If I see something like a roach, I'm grabbing something and it's dead the next time I see it. I will not suffer roaches in here.

And then if I were to see a bee or a wasp or something, I...say I would try to usher it outside, but let's be real, the chance of me vacating the room immediately is high. Maybe not so much for a bee. But a wasp, definitely.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    For about a week there was a spider who just hung out in my shower. Most of them don't really bug me (except centipedes, wasps, and scorpions), and I especially like seeing non-venomous spiders hanging around just catching all the annoying bugs.

But one of my roommates is deathly afraid of them, and I he thinks I'm extremely weird for this.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    i love bugs : ( i'll only get rid of them or move them if they're in the way or something, or if they're in danger, such as when spiders hang around in the shower. i've never hurt or killed one on purpose in my life, and i'd prefer to have a fly buzzing around being annoying than to swat it. obviously if they're in the kitchen i'll catch them and release them but i'd never kill them. i love summer bc it's nice to have loads of critters out in the garden!

Years
  • My place is not insulated well from the outdoors. So, plenty of bugs get in. A spider that was rather large and about the size of my hand startled the crap out of me. So, I took a torchlight/flamethrower ( the thing you make creme brulee with) and filled the air with the odor of burnt spider. It was fantastic. On the other side of the coin, next to my bed, I have a small little black spider that looks very harmless and have named him Harold. But then there are these things called banana spiders/ october spinarets that just creep that crap out of me. I can't deal with them and they MUST die.

Ironically, I do not get flies. But I do get baby roaches quite a bit. Which is disconcerting since it usually means they've been born in the house. I've seen less since fixing my porch door and buying boric acid. I also have a problem with these weird overlegged centipedes/millipedes getting in. I've just smashed everyone so far.

As for bees and wasps, I don't have problems with those. I just stay still until they fly away. Yesterday, I saw what I'm assuming was a queen yellow jacket fly around me. This thing was like 3 inches from antenna to stinger. That was terrifying.

Years
  • Spiders, although I don't like them, I usually trap in a cup or something and throw outside since they do serve a purpose in killing other insects, but like flies and other pests like that I try to get rid of in one way or another. Like, in the summer if the blackberries don't get picked then there are usually hundreds of fruit flies and they'll eventually get inside and there is no easy way to get rid of them so I make one of those traps with a little vinegar and soap so they fly in and then get stuck.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
    Years
  • Bugs give me a freaking heart attack. I can't even squish them, I get so scared. Luckily I have my boyfriend. Yey having a bug squisher. ;w;

He does make fun of me for this fear. I try to squish the bugs myself but as soon as they start moving, I run out of the room screaming.

Bay

Years
  • Cockroaches, bees/wasps/ and spiders man I can't stand them, haha. Well smaller spiders I tend to usually leave alone while bigger spiders I just want them out of my sight. Moths I too would leave them alone and I actually like seeing them. Like the others, usually flies I kill if If have a fly swatter near by.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    All insects and arachnids that enter my house immediately forfeit their right to life.

Ladybugs however, I hate them from the bottom of my heart as they're evil incarnate. If I spot one, especially in my room I first make sure I'm far away from it, observe what it's doing and when I'm pretty sure it's not opening its wings and gonna fly straight at me I either grab the vacuum cleaner and suck it up or get a thick layer of toiler paper, catch it and flush it.
    Why ladybugs exactly? My sister is deathly afraid of them too and I've never understood how out of ALL the different creepy motherfuckers in the world, it's ladybugs that are the ones that illicit the most fear and hate.

Years
  • I leave all insects alone outside. But in my house... I pretty much try to kill all insects save for moths and gnats. Flies and roaches in particular I hate the most. Spiders I respect, but I prefer for them to stay in their little webbed corners... I feel have to kill them if I see them crawling around. ._.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • All insects and arachnids that enter my house immediately forfeit their right to life.

Why ladybugs exactly? My sister is deathly afraid of them too and I've never understood how out of ALL the different creepy mother****ers in the world, it's ladybugs that are the ones that illicit the most fear and hate.

Because when I was little, they made a nest in the wall of my bedroom. Behind the wooden frame of my window. Lots of them came crawling out through little openings including their larvae. My dad broke it open and there were tons of them crawling in there.

Also because they smell horrible, have poison to kill other bugs and they actually can play dead. Their wings are disgusting and they make a gross ticking noise when flying around and bumping into everything.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I'm pretty chill with the bugs, they're just doin they're thing and I'm just doin mine, so I'm not really bothered enough to care. especially living in arizona and stuff, you get used to them. like it gets to the point where you don't even notice the bugs crawling all over the screen of your phone because you're too used to it rofl

but spiders, jfc the spiders, I have a strict exception policy with the spiders

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I hate bugs, especially spiders. ;o; I won't even walk into a place if it's been killed. Like, I end up being terrified of walking by the doorway even. It's so weird. I guess I'm afraid the bug/spider is going to come back from the dead and jump out at me. ;o; I hate spiders with a passion though. I get so terrified by them that I have to have my dad kill them. I don't dare because I have this fear they'll jump on for some reason. I won't even go out riding with my dad anymore on his side by side because there's always a spider when he hits branches by accident. ;_____;

I can't stand bees or anything that flies and stings either. This is only because when I was younger, I got stung a several times (one time all at once and the other time was just a one time thing & unexpected). It turns out I'm allergic or something. Ever since then, I've been so terrified of wasps, hornets and bees. :c

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I love bugs. Such interesting critters. I'll kill flies or mosquitoes, but take outside the rest of them. I love catching bugs and studying them.

A praying mantis adopted a friend and me once. It wouldn't go away. We would take it outside and it would fly back to us and stand on our arms or heads. No matter how many times we left it outside, it came back. We named it Bob. This lasted for around a week and then Bob died. :(

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I love bugs. Such interesting critters. I'll kill flies or mosquitoes, but take outside the rest of them. I love catching bugs and studying them.

A praying mantis adopted a friend and me once. It wouldn't go away. We would take it outside and it would fly back to us and stand on our arms or heads. No matter how many times we left it outside, it came back. We named it Bob. This lasted for around a week and then Bob died. :(

Omg that's the cutest thing. Shame Bob passed though awh. :c

As for bugs, similar to Omicron above I quite love them. I really dislike mosquitoes and black/deer/etc. flies, and any kind of bug creeps me out if it gets in my face, but I'm indifferent to pretty much the rest of them. Caterpillars, bees, and butterflies I love the most. ^^

Not gonna lie though, even if I love bugs, I don't really like when they get into the house. At least if it's in my bedroom or the bathroom. Freaks me out lol.

Back