• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Legends

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Show what you're using to make your game.
We're using PHP, HTML5 canvas, CSS, and have created our own engine that allows for communication with other players on map using C#, and also our custom scripting engine that lets us have Non Playing Characters on map to interact.
An introduction to your project.

• Pokemon Legends is completely browser based using the latest HTML5 technology – NO DOWNLOAD REQUIRED!
  • Pokemon Legends is built capitalising on the experience of building multiple fan games over the years.
  • Thats right! – Lead Programmer Kyro was also the original creator of Pokemon World Online, Pokemon Battle Arena and The Pokemon League!
  • Several hundreds of Non Playing Characters (NPC) to talk to, interact, battle or complete quests from!
  • Breeding Pokemon is possible!
  • You can live battle other Players!
  • There are various tournaments which begin every hour, as long as enough people are in the Arena to participate. Different tournaments have different level restrictions. Prizes include Shiny Pokemon!
The plot and back-story of the game.
You have recently arrived to Bluegum Town in the region of Orden, where your parents were hired as Pokemon breeders to supply the local tournament houses with shiny Pokemon prizes. Their work is busy and to keep yourself entertained, your parents encourage you to pursue the local gym challenges on this relatively safe island.

You quickly meet new friends and friendly rivals, such as your neighbor John and his companion Audino, or the gym leaders who occasionally show up to chat or give friendly advice. Some people may bribe you to do mischievous deeds while the police force does their best to punish wrongdoers- including requesting help from civilians to handle smaller misdemeanors that the have no time for. Whatever happens, you have many other fellow players to play along with on the way!
A list of features.
  • You can interact with NPC's on map to talk, battle or do tasks (quests) for them.
  • Battle other players online.
  • Participate in tournaments to win Shiny Pokemon
  • Breed Pokemon, just like in games.
  • Walk into houses, hehe.
  • Pokemon can follow you!
Screenshots/videos of game-play.

57500_qsnuei5r.jpg

110072.jpg

A complete list of credits.
Pokemon XY/ORAS models
  • Pokemon Showdown
The wonderful tileset
  • Kyle-Dove
  • Heavy-Metal-Lover
  • WesleyFG
  • Dewitty
  • Zetavares852
  • XDinky
  • Newtiteuf
  • Alucus
  • Erma96
  • Hydrargirium
  • Poison-Master
  • Thedeadheroalistair
  • Shutwig
  • Asdsimone
  • Xxdevil
  • Steinnaples
  • Hek-el-grande
  • sylver1984
  • NikNak93
  • TeaAddiction
  • Cuddlesthefatcat
  • Magiscarf
  • Gigatom
  • The-Red-eX
  • ChaoticCherryCake
Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh overworld sprites
  • The Pokemon Company/Nintendo
Unova overworld sprites
  • The Pokemon Company/Nintendo
  • Kymotonian
  • cSc-A7X
  • 2and2make5
  • Pokegirl4ever
  • Fernandojl
  • Silver-Skie
  • TyranitarDark
  • Getsuei-H
  • Milomilotic11
  • Kyt666
  • kdiamo11
  • Chocosrawloid
  • SyleDude
  • Gallanty
  • Gizamimi-Pichu
    Forum theme
  • Brad

Last edited:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Would be better as an Engine rather then a game... i personally would love to see this as an engine due to the fact there are not many good online engines for pokemon. But for feed back on the game it looks good .... Slow NPC CHAT!!!! battle animations should be on top of sprites not below ... evolution sound after battles ....and i had no clue how much hp i was at or my opponent was at.... blue on black = bad ...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
I played it for a few days and it's awesome so far!
These are stuffs that i noticed (CMIIW) {:3}
-Nature is not working yet
-Abilities are not working yet {:3}
-Breeding related stuff like nature passing is not working yet and we can only breed female pokemon {:3}
-Sometimes loading updates freeze the game battle scene (rarely) {:3}
Other than that, it's awesome and fun to play {:3}
That's about it {:3}
Im not a programmer/mapper/graphic designer or whatever it's called so ingame feedback is all i can give :(
And sorry about the nodding smilies, it's irresistible {:3} {:3}

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
Thanks, hope we can make it better soon :) we're also looking for mappers so that can help us proceed faster.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
The spawns are all over the place, battle ui is terrible and locks you into spamming attacks which causes you to lose. The bot protection is ridiculous, I got bored of very quick after the 30th time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 27, 2016
The spawns are all over the place, battle ui is terrible and locks you into spamming attacks which causes you to lose. The bot protection is ridiculous, I got bored of very quick after the 30th time.

Hey, I hope we can improve the game. Please let us know exactly what you'd like to see :)

Back