• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what is this

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    So yeah sometimes I'm redirected to this thing when I load a page:

Spoiler:

Dunno if this is legit or not, but it's getting kinda annoying. Only seems to happen on when I'm on PC though, not on any other site....

Years
  • I would run a virus scan, and then a malware scan to make sure that you aren't infected. That's a malicious site, and your computer may have some sort of malware and/or adware on it that's making you direct to that page.

Also, it doesn't help that you're running Windows XP either, for the record. XP has been off of "life support" since April of last year, meaning no more security updates come from Microsoft for it. This in turn causes vulnerability issues for your computer, which in turn allows you to get infected faster. If you are able to, I would at least upgrade to something newer than Windows XP, even if it's just Windows Vista. I'm not saying you should ditch XP, but at the same time, I highly recommend it no longer be used for everyday usage because of the vulnerabilities it has to viruses and other worms.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I did run a virus scan earlier today and it didn't detect anything, which is weird.....

And yeah, I should probably get offa XP, but who knows when that'll happen.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The same problem is happening to members on another forum I go to. The best solution they have is to use an adblocker. It happens to people no matter what operating system they're on, and the only thing in common between those having problems is the lack of an adblocker.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    The same problem is happening to members on another forum I go to. The best solution they have is to use an adblocker. It happens to people no matter what operating system they're on, and the only thing in common between those having problems is the lack of an adblocker.
    I went and downloaded an adblocker just now.....I think. We'll see if that helps I hope it does

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You should be able to disable redirects in your browser as a workaround, but this may harm the usability of legitimate websites.

I did run a virus scan earlier today and it didn't detect anything, which is weird.....
    Until you've scanned with, say, four different AV programs, I'd have to say that's not really very strange.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    That site!

Seems like there's a bunch of reports of ads redirecting people to this particular domain and providing bogus stuff in another forum that I frequent and likely sharing the same ad network.

Get the ad networks on it, so that they can remove the offending ads.

Hopefully you didn't click on anything on that page.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I haven't seen that thing again since I installed the adblocker, everything seems to be alright, so.....

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I haven't seen that thing again since I installed the adblocker, everything seems to be alright, so.....

The ad blocker should do the trick as it's known to be a rogue ad redirecting stuff.

I suspect one might want to keep it and a scripting blocker running at all times.

Back