• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to put fogs in maps?

Years
  • Hi!
    I'm trying to put a fog in a forest map that I'm working on, but I'm not sure how to do that.
    So, how would I put a fog on a specific map?
    (I'm aiming for an Eterna forest style fog)
    Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Folle64 asks because map connection and fog do not work well AT ALL. The same goes for map connections and panoramic backgrounds.

You should just be able to add it the usual way you add fog to a map in RMXP, that is, via the tileset's fog property, or via an event script command.

Years
  • Folle64 asks because map connection and fog do not work well AT ALL. The same goes for map connections and panoramic backgrounds.

You should just be able to add it the usual way you add fog to a map in RMXP, that is, via the tileset's fog property, or via an event script command.
    It is an isolated map. If I were use an event script command, which one would it be?

Is it a isolated map (e.g. it hasn't other maps connected)?
    Yes. It's one medium sized forest map.

Years
  • In this case, the process is much simpler because, as tustin2121 has you explained, the connection with more than one map causes a bug when the fog is displayed: you just put the Fog graphic file in the "Graphics/Fogs" folder and then, by opening the Tileset editor in the Database, you have to click into the tab "Fog" and select the file you just put.

Back