• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon: Champion Journey

DX-Unlimited

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Pokémon: champion journey
Chapter 1: leaving home

This is the story of a boy named Nick. Nick was born in New Bark Town in the Jhoto Region. The most noticeable feature about Him is His jet black hair and bright blue eyes. Ever since he was a little boy all Nick wanted to be was a Pokémon Trainer. Today Nick turns ten years old, meaning that he can get his Pokémon Trainers license. Nick woke up in his slightly messy room in New Bark Town. When he did he was greeted with his family's Rattata. He smiled and said "good morning Rattata I'm going to be leaving today" Rattata only squeaked in reply and bit Nick's nose. "Ow! Rattata why do you always bite me?" Nick said rubbing his nose. Rattata then hissed at Nick as it jumped from his bed and ran out of His room. Nick got up and looked around started to stretch his arms out to start the day. "Nick it's time for breakfast come on downstairs!" His mom called from the kitchen. Nick soon went down stairs to find that his mom had made Pancakes and Bacon for breakfast. "Thanks mom." Nick said as he dug into his plate. While he was eating Nick noticed that Rattata was nuzzling into his mom's lap. He could never understand why Rattata liked His mom better than Him. After Nick ate breakfast he put on a black T-shirt with a blue vest, blue jeans, and red sneakers with a white sole. Nick grabbed his favorite black backpack and began to pack for his journey. He packed his black jacket just in case, a first aid kit, a sleeping bag, a plain white T-shirt, and cameo pajama pants. He went to say good bye to his mother since he wouldn't see her for a long time. Nick walked outside and went towards Professor Elm's laboratory.

When Nick walked outside he could see the tree leaves sway in the gentle breeze of New Bark Town. He walked down the road and saw a flock of Pidgey fly overhead. The sun was shining bright and the sky was clear. It was a perfect day to start a Pokémon Journey!

Nick had arrived at Professor Elm's lab after a few minutes. When He got there Nick went inside and talked to his assistant Charlie until the Professor was ready for them. When they were done Charlie led Nick towards Professor Elm. "Hello Nick how are you today" "I'm fine professor Elm" Nick replied back "Okay then Nick which Pokémon do you want?" "The same one I wanted for years Professor! A Cyndaquil!" Nick said happily.

The fact that he is so happy is because Nick helped raise this Cyndaquil since it was first hatched two years ago. Since then they've both been great friends and waited for the day that Nick turned ten so they could be partners, and that day was today. Professor Elm smiled and got Cyndaquil's Pokéball and released the little fire mouse to see its new owner.
"Hey Cyndaquil today's the day! We finally get to leave together!" Nick Said. Cyndaquil cheered to this idea and happily jumped on to Nick's shoulder. "Okay Nick take these poke balls and head towards Cherrygrove City to register for the Pokémon league" Professor Elm told Him "Okay professor Elm." Nick had said "Also don't forget this." Professor Elm said as he handed Nick a Pokédex "Whoa! Thanks Professor Elm, but I have to go." Nick said putting his Pokédex in his pocket. "Why are you in such a rush Nick?" Professor Elm asked. "Because on my way here I saw a flock of Pidgey fly over the town, and I want to go catch one of them. Also I want to go buy Cyndaquil some food." Nick had said "Well that does seem important, but don't forget to say goodbye to your mother Nick. She won't see you for a long time." Professor Elm said

"Okay Professor Elm" Nick said as he left the Pokémon lab to go say goodbye. When nick got outside he let out his Cyndaquil. "Okay buddy we have to go say bye to mom before we begin our journey." Nick said as he led his Cyndaquil to his house. As they approached his house Nick realized that this maybe the last time for a long time that he would enter his house. "Hi mom." nick said as he and Cyndaquil entered the house. "Hello Nick, is that your Pokémon?" his mother asked pointing towards Cyndaquil "Yeah it's the same Cyndaquil I helped raise." nick replied "Well that's just wonderful." Nick's mom said as she gently pet Cyndaquil on the head.

Meanwhile Rattata was hissing in the corner of the room as a new Pokémon was currently getting attention from HIS owner, and he was not pleased. Rattata then ran over and tackled Cyndaquil, who in return tackled it back. The two were soon chasing each other around the house, tearing up the couch ripping the curtain, scorching the carpet and breaking the TV. "Cyndaquil, return!" Nick said as he used his Pokéball to return Cyndaquil and stop the fight all together. When he looked around Nick noticed that a lot of the living room was destroyed during Rattata and Cyndaquil's fight. "I should probably go." Nick said as his mother nodded in agreement.

Nick was soon on his way towards Route 29 to begin his journey. Little did he know that his journey would have a lot of twists and turns, and ups and downs. All of this as he explores the world of Pokémon.

Last edited:

DX-Unlimited

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Chapter2: the champion who lost her memory

Nick had left New Bark Town to go catch a Pidgey and train his Cyndaquil. "Okay Cyndaquil let's get started." "cynda" (let's get started!). Nick had walked around a bit but had to stop since Cyndaquil stopped to fight every Rattata that was around. When this was over Cyndaquil had reached lv.10 that's around the time Nick had spotted a Pidgey. "Okay Cyndaquil lets catch us a Pidgey" "Cyndaquil" (alright) "Cyndaquil use ember" "cynd-da-quiiiiiiil" just then a stream of small fire bullets had hit Pidgey directly thus knocking it out "okay pokéball go!" as soon as the ball had hit Pidgey it was caught. "Alright we did it Cyndaquil" Nick said as he pumped his fist into the air. "Just think now if we get lost our new friend can help us find our way" *snap* just then Nick herd the sound of a twig breaking. "What was that Cyndaquil?" "Cyndaquil" (i don't know) Nick suddenly went to go check to see if it was another wild Pokémon.

"H-hello?" *gasp* that's when Nick saw a girl with long black hair, blue capris, a white tank top, and a blue denim jacket with white sneakers. "She looks beautiful Cyndaquil" "cynda-cyndaquil" (hey look) Cyndaquil said while pointing to the left. "what the-" a small Eevee was by the girls side. "it looks like its hers" that's when nick noticed the pokéball by her side and none on her belt. "Looks like her only Pokémon we better hurry to cherry grove city and fast Cyndaquil" soon Nick and Cyndaquil were on their way to cherrygrove city to get to the mystery girl to a Pokémon center. While running it had started to rain and Pokémon started to run for cover.

"Cyndaquil you should get in your Pokéball" Nick had stopped to put Cyndaquil in its Pokéball but Cyndaquil dodged the red beam. "cynda cynda quil cyndaquil" (if you run i run that's how it goes) "okay then lets kick it" Nick and Cyndaquil started to run faster when a man wearing a black jumpsuit with a red 'R' on the chest part stopped him "STOP RIGHT THERE KIDDO" Nick had to stop and put the girl down in the grass "who are you" Nick had asked the strange man."I'M WITH TEAM ROCKET KID AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT I SUGGEST YOU GIVE ME ALL YOUR POKEMON" "YEAH RIGHT CYNDAQUIL GO!" Nick said "GO ARBOK" just then a an unusually big Arbok came out and attacked "Cyndaquil ember" just then the rain had weakened the attack but still hit "okay now use swift" at that command Cyndaquil hit with a fierce wave of swift attacks "OKAY ARBOK NOW USE POISON STING" then Arbok hit with an even bigger wave of poison sting attack.

"Cyndaquil dodge it" Nick had rushed to say but then the girl woke up "where am i? Huh!?" then she saw nick defending her but saw he was almost done for "I wish I could do something" that's when the team rocket member had noticed the girl had woken up. "ARBOK GET THE GIRL GO NOW" Nick noticed she was in trouble so he went to block Arbok. "agh" Nick had taken Arbok bite attack on The arm. "Pidgey i choose you" Nick cried out as he threw his pokéball into the air "go get help hurry" Nick had told it "pidg" (okay).
Pidgey had flown away towards cherrygrove city when the team rocket member had spotted it "OH NO YOU DONT ARBOK GET THAT PIDGEY" Arbok went to get Pidgey but Cyndaquil had stopped it "you won't stop my Pidgey and you won't hurt that girl" Nick said getting furious. "CYNDAQUIL USE EMBER" then when Cyndaquil fired an ember attack it came out as a powerful stream of fire. "alright Cyndaquil you used flamethrower" then something surprising happened with the weather it started to get Warmer.

"Good job Bulbasaur" then someone from the other side of the field caught Nick's attention. The person looked about 2 years older and had black hair. A black t-shirt with a blue jacket, blue jeans and green fingerless gloves. "Hey kid think you could keep up?" "Just watch me" Nick had said "Cyndaquil use flamethrower" Cyndaquil then used a powerful flamethrower. "Whoa what happened" Nick had said in amazement "sunny day all fire power is increased" said the mystery boy (AN: yeah lots of mystery) "ARBOK NOOOO!" the team rocket member's Arbok fainted "yes, Cyndaquil you're the best" "quil" (thank you) then Cyndaquil fainted "Cyndaquil what happened" Nick asked worried. "it just needs a Pokémon center and fast"

"FREEZE!" just then an officer jenny appeared to arrest the team rocket member after that Nick explained everything "Also kid your Pidgey is waiting for you at the Pokémon center" "okay...um do you mind if I.." "Why not at all kid" then nick got in next to the officers Growlithe and asked "um there's also this girl over there and that other guy" "kid all i see is the girl" the officer was right the boy had disappeared from the scene but the girl still was there. "Well come on lets go" nick had said "okay" the girl had said

Then the three left for the Pokémon center in cherrygrove city to get his Pidgey and Cyndaquil healed.

DX-Unlimited

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Chapter 3: a rival, and a friend

Nick had woken up at the Pokémon center the next morning with his Cyndaquil on his stomach asleep. He looked around to find the girl he was traveling with last night. A couple of moments later the girl had woken up from her sleep.

"Good morning kid" the girl said

"Hey my names not kid its nick and we're the same age"

"Sorry ki- I mean nick you just look to-"

"New yeah I just started my journey yesterday"

"I can tell your Cyndaquil looks tired what did you do fight every Rattata in the area?" the girl asked

"Eh...well he might have hit a few…" nick tried to say

"Unbelievable" the girl said

"Hey what did that guy want with you" nick asked

"I don't know" the girl said looking distant.

Things were quiet until nurse joy walked into the room with a clipboard. "well it looks like she has amnesia, one Pokémon, an Eevee, and the only thing in her bag was a basic trainer ID with only her name and ID number on it nothing else." She said giving nick and the girl an explanation of who the girl was or is. The girl grabbed her ID and only saw her picture, ID number, gender, age, and her name but the last name was scratched. "Caitlin that's my name" she said trying to remember her past.

"Hey lets go get some Breakfast I'm starving" nick said

"Okay" Caitlin said

When they made it to the breakfast room the smell of waffles and bacon reached their noses. Nick and his Cyndaquil had run towards the counter to order breakfast while Caitlin went to find a table. "Cyndaquil grab the silverware I'll get the food." Nick said "quill" (okay) Cyndaquil said. Nick had grabbed all the major food groups. Waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, and orange juice. When they were done getting the food for everyone nick and Cyndaquil had found where Caitlin went but she wasn't sitting. It looked like someone else was sitting there and wasn't getting up. "What do you mean reserved" Caitlin said. "I said the seat is reserved for me and a special lady" the guy said. He wore a white button up shirt with a blue tie and black vest. He was also wearing black jeans and black Nike's. He had blond hair that was combed back and he was wearing cologne. A little too much for anyone to endure.

"If you want to sit here just ditch the wimp and the fire rat." He said smugly

"Oh you did NOT just insult my Cyndaquil" nick shouted

"Cyndaquil cynda quill" (you did not just insult my trainer) Cyndaquil said furiously

"So what. If you're a trainer then battle me" the guy said

"FINE!!!" nick shouted with anger

Outside nick and the guy decided to battle. A few other trainers decided to watch.

"Oh man a newbie is going to battle Ryan" one said

"This going to be good" another said

"I hope he knows what he's doing" Caitlin said to herself

"Get ready to apologize punk" nick said

"In your dreams pipsqueak" Ryan said

"Cyndaquil go" nick said as Cyndaquil ran into the ring

"Go Squirtle" Ryan said as a Squirtle appeared out from a poke ball

"Cyndaquil use flamethrower" nick said as Cyndaquil shot a stream of fire at Squirtle scorching its shell.

"Squirtle water gun" Ryan said.
However Squirtle purposely shot streams of water at both Cyndaquil and nick. Everyone in the area began to laugh at him but Caitlin was getting mad. He saw how Ryan was showing off but she couldn't do anything she doesn't even remember how to battle yet. Nick was getting angrier and so was cyndaquil. In fact cyndaquil's flame began to grow brighter and hotter than before.

"Cyndaquil move" nick said, but it was unresponsive as if it couldn't move.

"Squirtle finish this" Ryan said as Squirtle closed in to finish the battle when Cyndaquil let out a powerful Flamethrower attack that hit Squirtle at close range making it faint.

"Squirtle lost" Ryan said in shock as he looked at nick

"YOU CHEATED" he said in anger and disbelief

"What no Cyndaquil obviously used its ability" nick said

"EVEN IF ITS LAME ABILITY ACTIVATED, IT SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT MUCH DAMAGE!" Ryan shouted

"Well no you're wrong Ryan, when a Fire-Type Pokemon loses half of its HP then the ability Blaze kicks in causing fire type moves to increase in a pinch." Caitlin said

Everyone in the surrounding area couldn't believe what they saw. Some of them even got a video of the match.
"Delete them" Ryan said "DELETE THEM NOW!!!" Ryan demanded everyone knowing they recorded the whole thing some of them still were. When everyone went home they would see Ryan flip out all over the web.

Some guy came up to him he looked a little sickly like he never went outside a day in his life. His glasses were big and he wore a white dress shirt and blue jeans, and his shoes were just regular tennis shoes.

"Do you know what you just did" he said

"No?" nick asked as if he were being interrogated

"You just KO'd Ryan's Squirtle" the random guy said as he looked at nick in an excited fashion.

"Do I know you?" nick asked

"No. my names Kyle who are you" Kyle said very excitedly

"I'm nick" nick said steadily "what's so special about his Squirtle anyway it looks pretty ordinary to me"

"Yeah but his dad is Gary oak and he's been training his whole life!" Kyle said

"Whoa" nick said "his dad is Gary oak"

"Yeah he even trained with his uncle blue for a couple weeks before leaving on his journey" Kyle said

"Wait how do you know this" nick asked

"I always get information on top trainers even new ones" Kyle said "are the new trainer from New Bark town?" Kyle asked

"Yeah how did you know?" nick asked

"My information system is second to none." Kyle said confidently

"Well are you a trainer?" nick asked

"Sadly yes, but all I have is a Pichu" Kyle said sadly

"Well come with us" nick said

"Us? Who else is traveling with you?" Kyle asked

"A girl with amnesia" nick said just then Caitlin had walked up to Nick and Kyle

"Good job" she said happily

"Thanks, oh by the way Kyle here says he wants to come with us"

"Really?" Caitlin said "well okay. As long as he doesn't touch my stuff."

"What stuff I found you in the Forrest. You have nothing." Nick said

"Oh yeah" Caitlin said scratching the back of her head in embarrassment

"So Kyle what's your dream?" nick asked

"I want to be a Gym leader like my Brother Roark in Sinnoh" Kyle said

"Wait if you're from Sinnoh then why are you in Jhoto" Nick asked

"I wanted to enter the Silver Conference" Kyle said

"Me too lets go for it together" Nick said

"Okay" Kyle said

Nick, Kyle and Caitlin all went to eat breakfast, then pick up their Pokémon from Nurse joy and headed out towards route 30 Together.

DX-Unlimited

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Pokémon: Champion journey
Chapter 4: on routes 30 & 31

Nick, Kyle, and Caitlin were walking away from the Pokémon center in Cherrygrove city and went to route 30 towards Violet city. However Nick had other plans.

*Grumble* "aw man why didn't even get to eat today" Nick said sadly

"Yeah that Ryan guy didn't even let us eat in peace" Caitlin complained

"He just kept giving us dirty looks, so we couldn't really enjoy breakfast that much." Nick said getting more depressed

"I could cook us something guys" Kyle said

"Wait you can cook" Nick said excitedly

"Yeah, when it's you and just a Pichu you learn to cook" Kyle said

"Wait we don't have any supplies to cook" Caitlin said

"And all I have is Pokémon food" Nick added

"Don't worry guys I already have some food, I got it while you were battling Ryan" Kyle said

"Well what do we need to do?" Nick asked

"I need Cyndaquil to start a fire, while you and Caitlin go get some fire wood" Kyle said

"Okay," Nick said "Go Cyndaquil" Nick said as he threw his Pokéball in the air

"Cyndaquil!" Cyndaquil shouted as he came out of his Pokéball

"Cyndaquil you need to stay here and help Kyle, me and Caitlin need to get some firewood" Nick explained to the fire mouse Pokémon

"Cynda" 'okay'

"Alright let's get some firewood" Caitlin said as they both went into the woods to get some firewood.

The forest on route 30 was full of all sorts of Pokémon and some were really friendly however one Pokémon was waiting in the deepest part of the forest waiting to challenge an unsuspecting trainer. Unfortunately for Nick and Caitlin they were heading in its direction
"So hamburgers or hot dogs?" Nick asked

"Burgers" Caitlin said

"Really, I totally pegged you as a hot dog person" Nick said

"Why do you say that?" Caitlin asked

"You look too slender, most burger fanatics have at least more of a stomach" Nick said "Its common science"

"On what grounds?" Caitlin asked confused

"Wikipedia" Nick said plainly

"Really that's-" Caitlin tried to say until they heard a Pokémon cry out for help

"What just happened" Caitlin asked

Nick and Caitlin ran towards the source of the noise until they found the source of the noise
A wild Poliwrath had fought all of the other water and normal type Pokémon that were at the nearby pond and it was closing on a Slowpoke that was trying to make a 'speedy' get away.
"What's a Poliwrath doing here!?" Nick asked in confusion.

"It must have evolved from a Poliwhirl by finding a water stone somewhere. And since its a dual Water/Fighting type it must have started challengeing all of the normal wand water types nearby to boost its level. Who knows how strong it is now."

"Then I just have to catch it. Pidgey go use gust!" Nick shouted as Pidgey came out of its Pokéball and started flapping its wings at Poliwrath. However Poliwrath just shook it off and used mega punch on Pidgey.

"Pidgey no!" Nick shouted as his Pidgey fell back on the ground

"Come on Pidgey I believe in you, I need you to get up" Nick cried as his Pidgey got up and started glowing

"No way" Nick said
"Your Pidgey is evolving" Caitlin said with disbelief

"pidge-toooo!" Pidgeotto exclaimed as he started to fly again

"Pidgeotto use wing attack!" Nick yelled as his newly evolved Pidgeotto attacked the wild Poliwrath as it stumbled backwards. Poliwrath soon got angry and went to attack the slowpoke that tried to escape.

"We got to get that slowpoke outta here" Nick said

"Way ahead of you" Caitlin said "Pokéball go!" Caitlin said as she threw a Pokéball at the slowpoke that was being attacked. It wiggled three times before it stopped.

"Yes!" Caitlin said as she picked up her Pokéball now containing a slowpoke

"Now Pidgeotto use wing attack again!" Nick said as Pidgeotto attacked the wild Poliwrath thus knocking it out.

"Now go Pokéball!" Nick said as he threw a Pokéball at the wild Poliwrath.

The ball shook once

'Come on'

Twice

'Come on'

Three times

'COME ON!'

Then the Pokéball stopped shaking and was still

"Yes I caught a Poliwrath!" Nick shouted as the other wild Pokémon started cheering. Now knowing that their tormentor is gone.

"Wait weren't we supposed to be doing something" Caitlin asked

"We forgot the firewood!" Nick said as he and Caitlin scrambled to pick as many pieces of wood as they could then headed back to their campsite.

"Hey guys where you guys? Me and Cyndaquil were waiting forever were" Kyle said as his two friends returned

"There was a Poliwrath attacking wild Pokémon."

"So Nick and I went to help them out."

"When we got there it was attacking a wild slowpoke so me and Pidgey stepped in."

"But Pidgey was knocked back and hit the ground."

"Then Pidgey got up and evolved into Pidgeotto!"

"And before the wild Poliwrath could attack the slowpoke again so I caught it to keep it safe"

"Then Pidgeotto finished off Poliwrath with its wing attack and I caught the wild Poliwrath."

"That's why were late."

"Okay" Kyle said as he tried to process the entire story "show me the Poliwrath and slowpoke"

Both Nick and Caitlin threw out their Pokémon and Poliwrath and slowpoke came out. When Poliwrath came out he started going berserk until Nick noticed there was a black shard in its back.

"Is that your problem?" Nick asked Poliwrath
"Poli" Poliwrath said as Nick pulled out the shard from Poliwrath's back. When Poliwrath calmed down he started talking to Cyndaquil for a while as well as Pidgeotto. Meanwhile Caitlin's Eevee was playing with slowpoke while Kyle's Pichu was napping on a nearby rock.

"Alright guys Time to eat" Kyle said as Nick and Caitlin went to the table

"Whoa look at this" Nick said

"Yup, for lunch I made hamburgers and hot dogs" Kyle said

"You just happen to have these in your bag?" Caitlin asked

"Well I was getting food for me and pichu earlier and figured I would splurge a bit" Kyle said "why, do you guys not like hamburgers and hot dogs?" Kyle asked

"No we like them but, we were talking about this earlier" Nick said

"Huh go figure" Caitlin said

"Also I made some special Pokémon food for everyone" Kyle said

When Kyle said this all of their Pokémon went to eat their food. However Cyndaquil started to complain about the food while making small whining sounds.
"What's wrong with Cyndaquil I don't see any of the other Pokémon complaining" Kyle stated

"I forgot Cyndaquil likes his food spicy, Hold on" Nick said as he pulled out a small can of hot pepper flakes and began to sprinkle some on Cyndaquil's food

"Cyndaquil" 'thank you' Cyndaquil cheered as he began to eat the Pokémon food like there was no tomorrow

"Cyndaquil slow down you're going to choke" Nick said as Cyndaquil began to slow down

"Hey guys, what do you think this is?" Nick said holding out the shard. Upon closer inspection it seemed to have the letter 'R' on it in a big bold print.

"Hold on a sec guys." Kyle said as he looked at the shard. "It almost looks like some form of technology. I may have a friend who can analyze it, but he lives in Goldenrod City, so we have to wait a while before we can find out what it is."

"Then i guess we should wait until we get there." Caitlin said

"Now that we got that settled, its only a little longer and then we go to Violet city!" Nick said

"Yeah but that's a long way away from here Nick we have to pace ourselves" Caitlin said as she and Kyle watched as Nick was jumping up and down like a kid in a candy store.

"Sorry guys I guess I got a little excited, this is going to be my first gym badge ever so guess I may have gotten a little carried away" Nick said sheepishly

"Just sit down and eat your burger." Kyle said as they all finished their lunch and set out towards route 31

"Hey guys it's getting late we should probably set up camp." Kyle said

"Alright so who brought a tent?" Caitlin said

*silence*

"I might have one but……" Nick began

"But what?" Caitlin asked

"I only have a single person tent, I didn't think I would have anyone else traveling with me." Nick said defensively

"Well I guess I'll take it." Caitlin said

"Why do you get it?" Kyle said "I worked hard to make you guys lunch I should get the tent." Kyle said

"Hey it's my tent I feel like I should get it" Nick said

"Do you guys even Know how to treat a lady?" Caitlin said "I should get the tent." she finished

"Well there's only one way to decide this." Nick said

"What?" Kyle and Caitlin said at the same time

"A three way Pokémon battle winner gets the tent." Nick said

"Alright sounds interesting." Kyle said

"Cyndaquil Go!" Nick said throwing Cyndaquil's Pokéball in the air releasing the tiny fire mouse Pokémon

"Pichu I choose you!" Kyle said releasing his Pichu from its Pokéball

"Go Slowpoke!" Caitlin said as she sent out her newly acquired Pokémon

Everyone and their Pokémon stood still like it was and old time western showdown waiting for someone to make the first move

"Pichu use discharge on Slowpoke." Kyle said as Pichu let loose a few yellow sparks of electricity on Caitlin's Slowpoke but it shook it off

"Slowpoke use Psychic on Pichu." Caitlin said as Slowpoke began to lift Pichu in the air with its psychic powers

"Cyndaquil use sunny day." Nick said as Cyndaquil let out a burst of energy lighting up the Night sky

"Now use Flamethrower on Slowpoke." Nick said as Cyndaquil fired a flamethrower at Slowpoke

"Pichu use thunder shock on Slowpoke" Kyle said as Pichu fired a small stream of electricity at Slowpoke

When all was said and done Pichu passed out and Cyndaquil was tired from the flamethrower attack

"Protect!" Caitlin said

"Pichu no!" Kyle said as he went to get Pichu up "you did your best buddy now take a good rest" Kyle said as he returned Pichu to its pokéball

"Cyndaquil can you keep going" Nick asked

"Quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil!!!" Cyndaquil roared as its flame got bigger

"Okay then, use Quick attack" Nick said as Cyndaquil got faster and Charged at Slowpoke with everything it had

"Now slowpoke use Water Gun" Caitlin said

"How do you even know that slowpoke can even use Water-" Nick was cut off by slowpoke shooting off a powerful stream of water at Cyndaquil causing him to faint

"How did you know?" Nick asked returning Cyndaquil to his Pokéball

"I guessed" Caitlin said as she returned Slowpoke to its ball "that'll be one tent please" Caitlin asked sweetly as Nick pulled out the tent from his bag and handed over his tent in defeat. Nick offered to set the tent for her. Afterward the trio changed into their night time clothes and rolled out their sleeping bags. As they all said good night to each other, they drifted off into sleep.
That Night Caitlin had a Nightmare of her past. She was at home with her parents but it was too fuzzy to see what they looked like and their voices were too muffled to understand. She soon got up and headed outside. For a while she walked by a couple of places until she realized this must have been a journey. She saw many people and a lot of builds move and change at a fast pace.

When she was able to see clearly she was at prof. Elm's lab and her Eevee was there. Did she go all that way just for her Eevee? She looked around a bit until she saw her bag. When she woke yesterday at the Pokémon center it was empty but something was in it at the lab. Later on in the dream she saw a few members of team rocket throw a container of gas at her. she saw her dream version of herself pass out then she saw them take the contents of her bag and leave. The next thing she knew she saw Nick and Cyndaquil walking down the road. Well Nick was walking Cyndaquil was attacking a heard of Rattata. That's when Cyndaquil had noticed her in the grass asleep. 'This must be when Nick found me on route 29' Caitlin thought as she heard Nick call her Beautiful 'oh my' Caitlin thought. She saw Nick and Cyndaquil Fighting The team rocket grunt but she saw someone call out a Bulbasaur from far away. Wait I think I know this person it's………….

Caitlin woke up with a start as she was pulled out of her dream by Nick and Kyle.

"Caitlin wake up Breakfast is ready" Kyle said

"If you don't get up ill feed your portion to Poliwrath, don't think I won't do it either he looks hungry." Nick warned

Caitlin go dressed and at her portion of breakfast, Bacon and eggs, yay. When she finished Kyle washed and put away the dishes

"Alright guys let's get ready to go to Violet City!" Nick Said Heading down the path

"Nick wait!" Kyle said running after him

Meanwhile Caitlin was falling behind thinking about who that boy with the Bulbasaur was.

DX-Unlimited

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Chapter 5: Adventures in violet city

It had been two days since Caitlin had her nightmare and she hasn't said anything about to Kyle, especially Nick who had complemented her while she was unconscious. 'Well I guess its okay…for now anyway' she thought as they walked along the trail towards violet city. "Hey guys I'm getting bored, are we there yet?" Nick asked walking with his hands behind his head. "Good question Nick we should be there by now." Kyle said as he looked around "Well what whatever happens, happens" Caitlin said as she walked into a sign "OW! What the-" she started to say as she read the sign

"Violet city 2 mi ahead"

"Oh, hey guys we're almost there." Caitlin said as she rubbed her forehead. Nick and Kyle stopped and looked at the sign and smiled. They both knew what the other was thinking. "GYM BATTLE TIME!!!" they both said at the same time running the rest of the way leaving a dust cloud in their wake. "Well they seem pumped up." Caitlin observed as she walked down the path to catch up with her friends.
At the city both Nick and Kyle were in the Pokémon center passed out on the couches. "I can't believe that you two morons ran two miles straight right into the Pokémon center wall." Caitlin said as she looked at her friends who were practically breathless at the time "Can't….help….it." Kyle said weakly "Got…..too….excited" Nick said as he tried to reach for a cup of water on the coffee table. "Need……water……to……LIVE!" Nick said as he dropped the glass on the floor causing glass and water to spill everywhere. "(Sigh) Nurse Joy! He broke another one!" Caitlin said as she went to look for a broom and dust pan to clean up the mess on the floor.

A few hours and broken glasses later Nick and Kyle finally had enough strength to get over to the gym to challenge Falkner. When they got there they noticed a flyer on the window

"Due to the rapid increase of Pokémon trainers all gyms are required to have two leaders on hand"

"well I guess we should go in." Nick said as he, Kyle, and Caitlin walked into the gym. When inside the trio saw Falkner standing next to a girl with shoulder length brown hair that was tied into a ponytail wearing a light blue Shirt with a white mini skirt and white flip-flops. "That must be the new gym leader guys" Kyle said as they walked to the arena. When they got to the field Caitlin went to the stands and sat down as the two leaders introduced themselves.

"Challengers welcome to the violet city gym" Falkner said. "Given the new league rules you may both challenge us in either single or double battle format" the girl said "My name is Falkner" Falkner said in a proud voice. "And I am Maria" She said as she introduced herself "what are your terms" they both said at the same time. "Did they rehearse that or was it just luck?" Nick asked Kyle. "Yes we did" Maria said confidently "Maria we weren't supposed to say that" Falkner said sweat dropping "Oh, My bad" Maria said as she scratched her head. "What do they mean by terms?" Caitlin asked. Falkner looked at her like he knew her, but couldn't properly ID her. "Since there are two gym leaders here you can either battle one of us in a Single Battle or both of us in a Double Battle." Maria explained. "We choose double battle" Kyle said stepping up next to Nick. "Yeah!" Nick said "Okay then get ready to battle" they both said as they reached for pokéballs on their belts. "Padgett I choose you!" the two gym leaders said as they choose the same Pokémon "okay then Pidgeotto I choose you!" Nick said sending out his own Pidegeotto confusing everyone in the stadium "Nick why did you choose Pidgeotto!" Caitlin asked in the bleachers "because I can" he said plainly causing everyone to fall down comically. "Okay then. Pichu let's go!" Kyle said sending out his Pichu

"Now for the rules" Falkner started "we can each only use one Pokémon for this double battle" he finished causing Nick, Kyle, and Caitlin to gasp in surprise.

Years
Hey! As you can see, I'm Aisu, and I'm a fellow writer here. I don't know what compelled me to read this because I usually don't read Trainer travelling fan-fictions (just not a personal preference) but I'm here now...Arceus's work maybe?

The first thing I want to say is that your chapters are very short; chapters don't have to be two dozen pages, no, but should involve the four main rhetorical modes, those being narration, exposition, argumentation, and description. Personally, I think the most important one is description; I don't really mean the characters' physiognomy or outfits, but general description of their current location, things around them, etc... Many events that occur, especially in the first chapter, are sort of skipped over with one-liners and that's it, which is partly responsible for how short your chapters are, DX-Unlimited; I recommend that you work on expounding more, plot-wise and characterization-wise. That can be done with general description, as I've already said, and also with descriptive language, because you sometimes tell more than show; in a story, whatever the type, you should paint a picture with dialogue and description, not by outright telling the reader what's going on.

Secondly, as this is a journey fan-fiction, you gotta be sure to put that one special thing that separates it from aaaaaalllll the rest and makes it a fun read. I only did two chapters because right now it's two A.M. and I really shouldn't be up because I have stuff to do in the morning so...

Chapter One: Leaving Home

Spoiler:

Chapter Two: The Champion Who Lost Her Memory

Spoiler:

Back