• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] NPC walk upstairs?

Years
So I want an NPC to lead the player up some stairs with movements. But obviously if they just walk at them, it won't look like they go up them, but instead THROUGH the stairs. Is there any way to make it look like NPCs walk up them?

Years
I'm not that experienced but to me it seems like you'll have to get the Npc to go invisible as soon as it hits the stair, set a flag, player goes up.

Add the same NPC in the upstairs room but make it invisible unless the flag is active.
In the upstairs room you would have a script to check to see if the flag you just set is active, make it visible then play out the script from there.

I hope that helps, I hope that's right, I just woke up, so something something right.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
In the game, this effect is actually created by 2 movements AND the physical object being moved up a few paces. It's very much impossible to recreate using scripting, you absolutely need to create an ASM routine. Or you can settle for a hacky-version.

Back