• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: PC Podcast

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • so, me and Luck Hax were chatting this morning and he pitched the idea of doing a weekly/biweekly podcast with members of this here community. if you don't know what it is, a podcast is basically a little show where a few people do a call over skype and talk about things and record it and then release it to the general public so they can hear our glorious creation. if nothing else, it's usually good fun for those involved, but a lot of the time it's also funny to listen to even if you weren't a part of it, and Luck Hax and myself would definitely make sure of that. (0;

he came up with a few ideas as to what exactly the podcast would be made up of each time. this is just an initial, rough draft; feel free to make any suggestions:

• Luck Hax, me (maccrash), and two guests every episode
    • recording occurs on weekends most likely depending on the availability of the guest. it'd be much, much easier for Luck Hax if we were to record on weekends, keep in mind. (;
    • we give guests a 3 minute slot to speak their mind on a subject of their choosing and then we, the rest of the group, analyze what they've said, y'know. just talk about it briefly. I think this is a good idea so every episode doesn't seem static and something else is talked about every time we do it with new people, and the new guests get to add their own sorta thing to it.
    • after that guest #2 could do the same.
    • then, we can have you, the populace of PC, send in any questions you may have for the guests that we have on that week. now, personally I don't care if these questions are the silliest things that you can possibly think up or if they're all serious questions you have; it makes no difference to me.
    • at this point I'm not too sure what would go on after that. Luck Hax proposed the idea of doing a quiz or quizzes of some sort in this slot but I'm not 100% sure I'm in love with that idea. like, I'd do it, of course, but if you can think of anything better please pitch the idea.
    • projected time: we don't know. in the past when we've done this it could really go anywhere from 30-75 minutes. it totally depends on how much chemistry we end up having with the guests, hahaha. we take that on a case-by-case basis.

we've done this before on another forum and it was a hit, so we are Seasoned Veterans, not some random guys that have no idea what's happening or something, you feel.

anywho, post here if you're interested, or if you have any suggestions! (:

(also if this isn't the correct place to put this move it accordingly; I'm not sure how much attention it's gonna garner here anyway)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I know elhero (not Elbert thanks auto correct) had a podcast going on as part of his blog but it was listed as weekly and the last one was like a month and a half ago. Plus you know I like your sense of humor so I am 100% pro mac and luck buff podcast

E: buff was meant to be bff like friends but I am also pro buff podcast. For the record.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • This sounds like a great idea! It's going to take a heck of a lot of work to establish and maintain (I'm sure you'd know already XD); if you can pull in the right people and have the dedication then I'm sure this could turn into something successful.

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is a cool idea! Go for it even if people shoot it down. Lamers. :P

Years
  • I definitely love the idea of having a podcast, even if it was official or unofficial. I wish y'all the best of luck if you guys get it going too.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • This sounds like an awesome idea. :) Best of luck to you guys, maybe one day, i'll join in on the fun, I'm just everywhere trying to do something.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm for this, cause I think it has potential, and it's also something interesting. I'm curious as to how exactly you'd be putting these podcasts up on PC though. A single thread for every podcast? I do like the idea a lot, although I can't exactly call it the most original idea. It's something that's gonna require dedication, though, so best of luck on that regard!

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I'm for this, cause I think it has potential, and it's also something interesting. I'm curious as to how exactly you'd be putting these podcasts up on PC though. A single thread for every podcast? I do like the idea a lot, although I can't exactly call it the most original idea. It's something that's gonna require dedication, though, so best of luck on that regard!
    last time I ran something like this it was one thread, and I'd just change the title every time a new one was released to let people know.

and, I mean, doesn't need to be original to be entertaining. (0:

sign-ups are now in general chat, courtesy of Luck Hax.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • last time I ran something like this it was one thread, and I'd just change the title every time a new one was released to let people know.

and, I mean, doesn't need to be original to be entertaining. (0:

sign-ups are now in general chat, courtesy of Luck Hax.
    Oh, oops, sorry if it seemed like I was putting down your idea when I said it wasn't original D: That's not an issue at all ahaha. And that can work!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I know elhero (not Elbert thanks auto correct) had a podcast going on as part of his blog but it was listed as weekly and the last one was like a month and a half ago. Plus you know I like your sense of humor so I am 100% pro mac and luck buff podcast

E: buff was meant to be bff like friends but I am also pro buff podcast. For the record.

Lol, Elbert. Maybe I should change my username to that haha.

By all means, go right ahead with this! Like Oryx stated, it's been awhile since I'm published another podcast (more just the fact that I get 14 pages of content each podcast that I need to edit/CSS) so I'm all for an audio podcast! Definitely sounds like a lot less work than my text-based one, that's for sure. I might or might not continue the series in my blog though, which I hope y'all don't have a problem with.

Years
  • It's not a bad idea, but keep in mind that while you guys can submit ideas and help out, be guests, give interviews or what have you, it's going to have to be staff-run and maintained. Which shouldn't be an issue.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • It's not a bad idea, but keep in mind that while you guys can submit ideas and help out, be guests, give interviews or what have you, it's going to have to be staff-run and maintained. Which shouldn't be an issue.

Why? I don't see anything wrong with giving a few people a bit of control over their own thing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's not a bad idea, but keep in mind that while you guys can submit ideas and help out, be guests, give interviews or what have you, it's going to have to be staff-run and maintained. Which shouldn't be an issue.

When el did his were they required to be staff-maintained? They definitely weren't staff-run as he wasn't staff when either of them went up.

Years
  • Why? I don't see anything wrong with giving a few people a bit of control over their own thing.

When el did his were they required to be staff-maintained? They definitely weren't staff-run as he wasn't staff when either of them went up.

If you want to do your own free-lance thing, that's plenty fine, but if we were to do a forum-official (IRC, Showdown Server, etc) podcast, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it not being staff run, for the sake of consistency, oversight, etc.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • If you want to do your own free-lance thing, that's plenty fine, but if we were to do a forum-official (IRC, Showdown Server, etc) podcast, I wouldn't feel comfortable with it not being staff run, for the sake of consistency, oversight, etc.
    never did I say it had to be "forum official." if you or some other staff member wants to listen to each and every podcast before they're released to the whole forum, be my guest, if that's what it takes for it to be forum official which isn't really even Necessary for me anyway, I just wanna have some fun you know.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • Let me chime in a bit.. as a published podcaster and PC admin, its fine if you all (any of you..) want to make a pokemon or related podcast. However, any cast tied to PC has to be run, managed and approved by PC staff and have a high quality production value as well as meet other requirements such as music, if any, clearing / rights to use, content / topics outlines and/or scripts, etc.

I'm all for a PC based one myself, and applaud members making their own non-PC based ones.

If you are interested in have a PC community based cast, hook up with a staffer and show us your idea, an outline of a proposed show or two, a sample of a show if one has been recorded.

Also of note, the official PC cast won't be using Skype due to the many audio issues Skype has and will likely use a VoIP app called mumble (similar to team speak and the like) which allows multi-track recording and has a better quality codec.

Don't let this stop you as podcasts are very fun and a great way for many people to enjoy some great conversations on fun topics

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • For the time being, I think making anything official or involving anything official is a bad idea since I'm a total control freak and I wouldn't feel as inspired or motivated with having someone else effectively dictate the idea. 8D

I reckon we give it a test run though, see what a couple or so of these podcasts end up like. By the sounds of it, we're most likely to end up making a podcast with a few people from PC rather than putting this forward and an official thing. Depends what we end up doing, I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know what to make of this "It needs to be staff run" thing. The examples given of the chat and the showdown server are so different from the pitched idea of a podcast.

As someone who pushed pretty hard (I think? I can't remember) for the staff to have more control over the chat and the showdown server as well, I'm honestly surprised, and taken aback by the stance so far the majority of the higher staff in particular who have replied to this thread have had. The way I see it, it's no different than the MSN group convo logs that used to be posted ALL the time on the blogs and even in designated threads among the off topic forums. Only this is in audio format.

We're talking about a group of people who happen to be all members of PC going on Skype or something and just talking about Pokémon and other things and then posting a link of their conversation somewhere. I completely understand the need for some things to be staff run, but something like this?

These days it seems like anything anyone ever wants to do needs to be approved by a group of people and then one of those people need to have power and authority in it. Nothing can ever be done on here without higher staff's approval anymore, and that's a shame. It's very frustrating when someone who probably doesn't have the same vision as you for an idea you had comes by and tells you that he's in charge now because he has a badge.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Pfft. Go for it. You don't need our permission, just follow PC rules as normal. If you guys want blog permissions for it, I'd be totally cool with that and do my best to see that you get them.

Do it, start getting ready, and hit me up if you need any help. It won't be "official" but who cares, right? Who knows though, it could turn into something really popular, then we could consider taking it further. I look forward to it guys!

Back