• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Hey,
played through the game and I must say I really enjoyed it if it will be further developed it will be one of my all time favorites when it comes to pokemon fan games. It really is a challanging game there I thought it did some dick moves but after some adjusting it felt more challanging than unfair. How about you change the name from developing to demo or something? It will be sure to atract some people. For the last thing: Right now the ability of choosing pokemon is limited real hard hope it changes with some future feature besides the item you get for 5 stolen pokemon is OP my ratata gets far too much MP it never runs low anymore.

Hey!
Good to hear that the challenge level wasn't too high in the end. What did you think were the dick moves?
I guess there is enough gameplay now that it (probably?) counts as a demo. I'll adjust that and hopefully get no complaints.
The third Pokemon to complete your battling party, I've got picked out now. You should get it pretty soon after completing Silph Co. If all goes well, it should balance out the party pretty well, similar to Redra's Pokemon, but not quite as OP.
Hrm... Yeah, the Spirit Coin you get for trading in 5 stolen Pokemon restores 5% of your MP, but it seems to do it for every action that occurs in battle, not for every time the holder performs an action.
I'll knock it down a touch.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
I`d say the puzzles I needed to actually think to solve them or in some battles to act with some kind of strategy (with the second pokemon in team). The puzzle in the ghost mansion after the teleport thing was a dick move- with pokemon spawning everywhere... and me running around trying to figure out what switch does what I ended up running away from fights and get hella annoyed.(so far I`ve played rather easy games here this one is on the more challenging ones) Btw. how come I got so low amounts of exp from pokemon fights and my pokemon need A LOT of exp to lvl up? Was such a curve intendet? Beat the demo with my pokemon being lvl 13 and 12.

EDIT:
Forgot to say it but it may be due to me failing here and there a bit but needed almost 3h for the .2 demo.
And forgot too the music from the last fight with the rival- it keeps on playing in the normal bettles now and the guy that is thirsty in the basement in the beginng when I gave him the water he walked away from the path but I couldn`t move anymore afterwad after I did some story progression (can`t say anymore how far) he let me throught but I got only 1 in there and glitchet map there I could walk thourgh things and than I was going up again he blocked my path so it is gamebreaking.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
I`d say the puzzles I needed to actually think to solve them or in some battles to act with some kind of strategy (with the second pokemon in team). The puzzle in the ghost mansion after the teleport thing was a dick move- with pokemon spawning everywhere... and me running around trying to figure out what switch does what I ended up running away from fights and get hella annoyed.(so far I`ve played rather easy games here this one is on the more challenging ones) Btw. how come I got so low amounts of exp from pokemon fights and my pokemon need A LOT of exp to lvl up? Was such a curve intendet? Beat the demo with my pokemon being lvl 13 and 12.

EDIT:
Forgot to say it but it may be due to me failing here and there a bit but needed almost 3h for the .2 demo.
And forgot too the music from the last fight with the rival- it keeps on playing in the normal bettles now and the guy that is thirsty in the basement in the beginng when I gave him the water he walked away from the path but I couldn`t move anymore afterwad after I did some story progression (can`t say anymore how far) he let me throught but I got only 1 in there and glitchet map there I could walk thourgh things and than I was going up again he blocked my path so it is gamebreaking.

Ah, the mansion in Cinnabar? I guess that one is the first 'dungeon' sort of place with random battles everywhere. I would say that Cinnabar mansion was probably the place I've adjusted the least though, and so matches up the most with the original games.
I haven't made any conscious curve for experience, since levels are just stat gains. My pkmn were 11 and 12 by 1hr 20 min so... I guess that would make it about a level per hour? I may adjust that to make leveling just a little quicker.

Ahh, I forgot to switch the music back after the rival fight.
You're right about thirsty guy in basement too. And that one is definitely game breaking. I'll fix both of those.

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Great game you have here. Although I noticed a few bugs (sorry if they've already been mentioned).
After getting to 5th floor on silph the atb bar takes ages to refill. And the blonde with the wartortle blocks the way out after you beat her.

EDIT: restarted and everything was fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Been working on sidequests and recruitment options, and so on. Saffron should be a real, live city by next update, with little changes happening after Silph is taken over.
I've been adding faces to all the recruitable people too, so it'll be easier to identify them and gives them a bit more personality.
I'm also trying to make a police station but I'm not good with pixels so it's... slow going.

Also, I'm planning on making an event at the bike shop which will land you this:
Spoiler:

All in all, progress has been pretty good.

EDIT: I ALSO think I've got it so that you can change the ATB mode in-game whenever you want.
So if you prefer the full ATB, no pauses, sort of mode then you can adjust it that way once you get to Rocket base.

Great game you have here. Although I noticed a few bugs (sorry if they've already been mentioned).
After getting to 5th floor on silph the atb bar takes ages to refill. And the blonde with the wartortle blocks the way out after you beat her.

EDIT: restarted and everything was fine.

Yeah, I need to look into that ATB thing to figure out what's causing it. 5th floor is a good clue though. But restarting it made everything run smooth again?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hey,
the atk bar glitch happened to me too. Can`t say where it was but it was a fight with a Muk. I speed up the game to x5 and it was still slower than normal :/ After I finished the fight it never occured again.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Hey,
the atk bar glitch happened to me too. Can`t say where it was but it was a fight with a Muk. I speed up the game to x5 and it was still slower than normal :/ After I finished the fight it never occured again.

Hmm, well Muk only shows up in Trainer battles on Route 8, and in the Mansion on Cinnabar, so that's interesting... Definitely good to know that it's popping up other places than Silph.
How did you speed up the game?

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
I used cheat cheat engine. There is a simple speed hack in the basic programm, real easy to use. Since most rpg maker (XP?)games here are real slow I use it to play at x2 or x3 game speed but this one was initialy fast enought was just forced to use this once.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Cant say i love the speed up systems only because it meant to have patience in the games haha! Really saltroad dont u think his project is big enough for the showcase i mean u got several working demos out and beta testers and fewer bugs now :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Cant say i love the speed up systems only because it meant to have patience in the games haha! Really saltroad dont u think his project is big enough for the showcase i mean u got several working demos out and beta testers and fewer bugs now :)

I have no idea about fan-made stuff, but normally battle systems are supposed to take time because that pads out the length of a game by a lot. And a longer game can usually sell for more.
I've always found the original Pokemon battles bone-achingly slow though.

I dunno if this project is big enough for showcase? You can still speedrun the demo in about an hour and a half, which isn't that long. I'm not sure if the game has 'significant progress' as listed in the rules of the Showcase...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: I've been wrestling with puzzles lately, so progress has been a little slow. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something that's fun and challenging, but right now I'm a bit stumped.

I've also started to implement the 'Cheat' system. It should work like this:
Pokemon will occasionally drop special items called Trinkets.
Trinkets can be exchanged for items that can be used in battle. Such as Poison Needles that have a 100% chance of causing poison.
Since Trinkets will be semi-rare, the items you get for them should be fairly strong, and always 100% effective, unlike Pokemon moves.
I need to come up with ideas for items though, so far there aren't that many.

I also got a way so that you can check how many times your Pokemon has used a move, and how close they are to getting a new one. This should make it so that you can, when you get a Pokemon, see their complete move list and how to work towards which moves you want first.
So, instead of Psychic being a surprise, you can see from the beginning that it's an option, and work towards it if you want.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Progress: I've been wrestling with puzzles lately, so progress has been a little slow. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something that's fun and challenging, but right now I'm a bit stumped.

I've also started to implement the 'Cheat' system. It should work like this:
Pokemon will occasionally drop special items called Trinkets.
Trinkets can be exchanged for items that can be used in battle. Such as Poison Needles that have a 100% chance of causing poison.
Since Trinkets will be semi-rare, the items you get for them should be fairly strong, and always 100% effective, unlike Pokemon moves.
I need to come up with ideas for items though, so far there aren't that many.

I also got a way so that you can check how many times your Pokemon has used a move, and how close they are to getting a new one. This should make it so that you can, when you get a Pokemon, see their complete move list and how to work towards which moves you want first.
So, instead of Psychic being a surprise, you can see from the beginning that it's an option, and work towards it if you want.

Wow thats so cool! Hmm trinkets are great well the items are harder to come up with haha. I think it would be like a taser for paralyze something simple for burn i mean a flame tile would work haha. And freeze is a little harder theyd have to be like devices atleast thats what ik think besides poison obviously :)

Btw i think u have enough now to get into the showcase all u gotta do is ask :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Wow thats so cool! Hmm trinkets are great well the items are harder to come up with haha. I think it would be like a taser for paralyze something simple for burn i mean a flame tile would work haha. And freeze is a little harder theyd have to be like devices atleast thats what ik think besides poison obviously :)

Btw i think u have enough now to get into the showcase all u gotta do is ask :)

Haha, imagining the trainer tasering Pokemon is funny. But that would definitely work. Definitely things along those lines.

I think once RR has been around for a little bit longer, I'll ask. It's only been up for 3 months now, which is still very new.
In March I should have another update or two out, and it'll have been around for a half a year by that point, so I'll ask in March if all goes according to plan.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Update sounds pretty big in usefulness. Hope you're using LOZ as inspiration somewhat, for those puzzles.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Update sounds pretty big in usefulness. Hope you're using LOZ as inspiration somewhat, for those puzzles.

It's been a long while since I've played any Legend of Zelda. From what I remember, there were a lot of puzzles that involved moving things around, like blocks, or using time travel/season changing/tools to get past obstacles of some kind.
Other than that, I can't remember any really good puzzles that LOZ had?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Yeah, that's pretty much the gist of it. Best part about the Loz series, had to be how lively the npc's were, with their custom movement.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Hm... The only newer ones I've played were Windwaker and 3/4ths of Twilight Princess.
Loved the exploration and little details or side things you could do in Windwaker.
The puzzles in Twilight Princess destroyed me though. Platforming in wolf mode was too tricky, somehow.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Ahh, the winter holidays are more or less over now. Hope everyone had a good time.

Progress: Been finishing up the new cities. Cerulean and Vermilion will be available once the player has taken over Silph, and each has a few things to do there.
There will be 4 Cheat items available as of next update: Tar (which drains MP of enemy PKMN), Sound Clip (Causes confusion to all), Defense Coating, and the Poison Needle.

The main plot is also coming along bit by bit.
Plot Details
Spoiler:

I've also started marking down teleporter locations in most of the cities, as well as places for future bases in Saffron and Vermilion. You won't be able to turn these places into bases yet, but they'll be important later on.

Back