• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Name Not Yet Decided! *STORY CONCEPT WRITTEN* Idea/Developing more towards Developing. *HELP WANTED*

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 23, 2016
As you can tell by my username and the title of this thread, I am making a Pokemon fangame. Please tell me what you think of it! I also need 2 writers that can work on dialogue and a sprite artist. For the artist, I am not asking for much. All I need is someone that can recolor something and is familiar and or talented with art programs such as Photoshop or gimp. As for the writers, I want you to send me a private message and a piece of your writing and I will determine if you'll be useful or not to the project. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a nice day!
GAME STORY/ BACKGROUND:
The way mega evolution in this world works is that Pokemon, it's recently been discovered that Pokemon can achieve a new level of evolution after reaching the end of their evolution path. A professor has created a prototype that helps the Pokemon draw out it's hidden power potential, this is the device came before the mega device. The villains, alongside the main antagonist of the game, work together to hatch a plan to steal the device, with the intention of using it to control Giovanni's lab experiment Mewtwo.
Giovanni, in his lust for power and control, hired scientists that would work for him and, in his own words, would "design the ultimate Pokemon" for him. Little did Giovanni know the scientists had no desire to design the Pokemon, but rather all of them agreed to take his money and design their other works, all under the guise of giving him progress. But as their team was expanding more and more, they came across an old visionary named Fujikawa.
The man lead the team with his design manuscripts to recreate the mythical Pokemon "Mew". Everyone on the team was blown away by his designs, detailing every perfect amount of genes they'd need to recreate this apex of evolution. But sooner rather than later Giovanni came around the labs, sick of their careless spending. He was tired of their lack of results, but Fuji didn't back down. He walked up to Giovanni , even surprising Giovanni's bodyguards. "Take a look at this." He handed over the papers that detailed the Pokemon, Giovanni blown away. Yet he was dissatisfied by his design, he wanted something stronger. Something powerful. Fujikawa felt that he was perverting his own creation, yet he was killing two birds with one stone. He'd create a version of Mew, and in the other he'd appease a man who had his death sentence written in stone for defying the laws of nature and creation.
Mew was said to have been the god of evolution, blessing humans with their problem solving skills and ability to learn beyond their Pokemon counterparts. Fujikawa was obsessed with this, knowing there was a theory for everything. Equations were even written that explained evolution, yet the idea of a god baffled him. But one day during a trip to an old ruin, he found cave paintings that detailed about how Mew came into existence. It even explained it's key to evolution itself, yet he didn't know what to make of it. Rather than accepting what he just witnessed as reality or the truth, he chose to ignore it and walked out on his own.
Later, soon after he came into contact with the Pokemon, he didn't know what to make of it. It stared into his eyes and smiled, before he knew what had happened. It just disappeared, he didn't know what to make of it. Were his eyes playing tricks on him? His theories on evolution and his reality split in two. It sprung him into an obsessive desire to recreate it or capture it, he had to be sure.
But he never came into contact with it again, while his friend and lab assistant, Blaine, didn't know in what way to comfort him. Yet he saw Fujikawa break into this mind bending obsession, designs and theories that detailed the design of Mew, down right to designs of a perfect pokeball that could catch without fail.
When he found his way into Team Rocket's labs, thanks to his friend Blaine's connections within Team Rocket. It was a dream come true, all the resources and help he could ever need to begin designing the ultimate Pokemon.
But even with his impressive designs and theories, a mistake was bound to happen. Even more so the immoral implications of creating a Pokemon built off the genetic structure of every living being. We were playing god, and no one seemed to care. Blaine in the hopes of having Fujikawa succeed at any cost, ignored the ways of the experiments and in the ways they harvested the necessary genes to construct this abomination.
On the day of his awakening, it was a massive success. Yet also a crucial failure. Mewtwo, not being able to contain its power, ended up blowing a massive hole into the right side of the lab, the support beings on the left were failing. A massive fire broke out as the hazardous materials were coming into contact with each other, the lab emergency fire sprinklers were shot to hell with the explosion striking the electricity generators.The reason why the machine fizzles out is also they designed it with the idea to contain the energy pulled out of Mewtwo. The biggest issue from this, was the fact there was no way to gauge how much the machine would pull out at a time.
The reason this happens, is because Mewtwo can't control himself due to how the power fluctuates. So he suffers from it with his bipolar fits as his body makes more and more. So he's almost always in an adrenaline rush. It's another reason why the issue from a "meltdown" becomes possible, his body can contain the levels. Even if it can't control it

Fujikawa found himself face first on the ground, he finally feeling the weight of what he and the others had done: they had all played god. Fujikawa did his best to scrounge up research tucked away under the debris before running to the emergency exit.
Blaine waited patiently outside for Fujikawa, unsure whether or not he was alive. But he couldn't just abandon him, before losing hope and deciding to go in for himself. Suddenly, Fujikawa appears, files in both hands. Heaving and coughing because of the smoke, "Fuji are --" Blaine was cut off. Fujikawa silenced him by forcing the materials into his arms, "I'm sorry, I wish I would've noticed what we were doing sooner Blaine. Please, promise me you'll find a way to destroy what we unleashed upon the world." Fujikawa went back into the burning and crumbling building, Blaine extending an arm. But before he knew it, the exit was covered in debris, the last thing Blaine ever saw was Fujikawa burning up before his own eyes. The old man walked ever so slowly into the building where the remaining dead scientists and failed lab experiments were.
Blaine would forever blame himself for the events that took place that day, his guilt having the most weight over him.
Giovanni panicked when he was told the news about the lab being blown to bits. With only a handful of survivors, and now the same creature he commissioned was out of the labs and into the world.
There was a great weight put on Giovanni's shoulders, he lost a multitude of scientists and members from Team Rocket. Many members left due to fear of repercussion if the officials ever caught wind of the illegal lab and tests. Giovanni had no one else but himself to blame, leaving him to want nothing more than to bury the project and forever seal Mewtwo away. "No one must know of the events that took place here." Giovanni weaseled his men into news stations, forever hiding the existence of Mewtwo and his lab. "An earthquake took place recently on the eastern waterfront of -insert city-, the news anchor continuing to ramble on about the specifics and speaks more about the "power plant" that was destroyed near the epicenter.
Blaine was able to develop the master ball Fujikawa never finished designing, and with the help of team rocket, he was able to catch Mewtwo.
The harder part came when they needed a way to keep Mewtwo controlled. As a countermeasure and a way to prevent further destruction, the group of scientists were tasked with keeping Mewtwo in a permanent sleep state. Blaine brought up the fact that Mewtwo's body can withstand any sedative, yet he proposed that even if he can't die by normal means. They could instead put him in a coma induced state, which could be achieved quite easily by continuously leeching his body of enough power that he wouldn't awaken by normal means.
MewTwo was designed with the idea of being a genetic clone to Mew, yet the plan and the original design manuscripts with it changed when Giovanni grew impatient. You see, Mew through historical texts was foretold to have been able to manipulate genes and create life. The pokemon itself was quite childish and desired to have more playmates, so while others came naturally, a good portion were created by it. This alone shows that E.S.P could be achieved through normal genetic manipulation.
Mewtwo's design was quickly shifted when it was made apparent that it needed a power source strong enough to manipulate objects. Tests were done on children who showed E.S.P potential, alongside Pokemon. This project would stem quite heavily into the machinery and genetic manipulation involved in understanding E.S.P and the necessary steps to take in developing Mewtwo. Unfortunately, the project was scrapped. (Space open for continuity of this story line attached to the lab)
Mewtwo's body was designed to create heavy amounts of unrefined energy that the Pokemon would use to activate his psychic potential. The key flaw to this was the fact that the scientists never thought to measure how much his body would create, instead hoping that he would be able to gauge it himself. Little did they know that this design would ultimately end up driving him insane, the constant state of energy pumping into his brain would cause him to be in a constant adrenaline rush, yet with odd amounts pumping into his brain at small and large amounts, he'd have bipolar bouts of anger that would cause him to be destructive.
Mewtwo on a simple technicality was a living nuclear reactor. And with this design, and it's many oversights, he would be years ahead of what technology that could contain his power. Because of this, Mewtwo couldn't be used as a power source. His power was even too much that the first machines hooked up to him were instantly destroyed when coming into contact with him. Though they were able to find a way to keep him in a coma, it wasn't before long that they had to design a machine that could contain his energy. This worked well for several years, but suddenly the machine broke. They estimated the time of Mewtwo's awakening would be in a matter of weeks.
Though Giovanni was already a grown man, with a large portion of Team Rocket members on hiatus or gone. His empire and his fortune were effectively shrunk ten fold, though his fears of the sins of his past coming back to destroy him were none more scarier than the deaths it could cause.
Giovanni soon learned that a Pokemon professor named Hawthorn was working on a device that helped Pokemon with their power capabilities. Not knowing much about the specifics but desperate for it, he devised a plan to steal the device at any cost.
They do succeed, and the machine is taken away to be tested. Yet they make a breakthrough, they find out that they can create a power amplifier using this device. The lead scientist and a group of Team Rocket grunts go to Giovanni with a proposition. "We could use this device and super charge Mewtwo, with his power effectively doubled we could control the whole region" Giovanni gave them an angry look, "Are you insane? That monster blew up a lab and with it, personnel."
With this the infighting began, the remaining members alongside the science staff broke away from Giovanni. And they re-branded themselves as "The Remnants of Team Rocket"
Writers note, due to MewTwo's design flaw the machine would effectively destroy Mewtwo.
Mewtwo's body can sustain his current energy level, yet his mental state of being can't. If this power amplifier were put onto him, he would effectively keep growing in power over time to a point where he'd hit over his own body's capacity and would effectively have a meltdown causing the destruction of the region. Though in this state Mewtwo could effectively level a whole town with a snap of his fingers, due to his ESP level being fully realized.
The story revolves around this creation that borders on blasphemous due to the godlike implications of his own existence, the scientists effectively created their own version of god. And with that you find a character with no reason to exist, alongside the fact he holds the key to existence himself. This is a story that revolves around the way he affected everyone around him, he destroyed Giovanni's legacy and left him a shadow of his former self. He helped fully realize the insanity of a scientist, and the list continues to go on with the characters being written.
~Authors note~ Giovanni was the leader of one of the region's fastest growing gangs, so his desire for power came to control the territory and expand on a wider scale.
Blaine was working as an assistant at the time for the group of scientists, when they were expanding their team Blaine referred them to Fujikawa.

MY TEAM AND I HAVE NO FOOTAGE OR SCREENSHOTS YET BUT THEY'LL BE COMING SOON!

REASONS FOR CREATION: The primary reason why I want to make this game and follow through with this project is because I love Pokemon a lot and I've always wanted to make my own Pokemon fangame ever since I've seen how awesome they can be!

THINGS THAT I'M USING TO CREATE THE GAME: For this project, my team and I are using Pokemon Essentials and RPG Maker XP. We may use more programs in the future, seeing as this game is EXTREMELY early in development. We are also using the Pokemon Dawn Tileset made by Red-eX(Omega/Lucasz L.), for sure.

FEATURES BEING ADDED:[S-HIGHLIGHT] Romance System[/S-HIGHLIGHT]:You have an NPC that you can romance through battling over time. LVP=Love Value Points.
Pokemon fainting,losing,or attacking teammate<LVP. Winning, reviving, using support moves on teammates,using items on teammates,going on dates>LVP. Areas for dates include but are not limited to restaurants or landmarks. After progress or reaching a certain LVP value, the player will unlock certain abilities such as items and special events that are only accessible through doing these things.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Re-Matching Gym Leaders[/S-HIGHLIGHT]:You battle the gym leaders all once, then again after unlocking the elite four, then again when the player beats the elite four, preparing for the post-game and the battle frontier. They also have the mega evolutions for their "ace" pokemon. This is optional.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Corrupted Mega Evolutions[/S-HIGHLIGHT]: Makes Mega Evolutions have an extra 50 or 100 base stat total of their original mega evolution and also have a black tint to it with red eyes.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Eggs Reworked:[/S-HIGHLIGHT]Don't have to carry them but dump in incubator for a greater price. While in incubator they hatch twice as fast.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]Moves and Types Overhaul[/S-HIGHLIGHT]: Certain Pokemon will gain access to certain moves that they have never have had access to that they should've had access to. For example: Growlithe doesn't learn Growl in ANY Pokemon generation when it would make sense that it should be able to.Same thing goes for some Mega Evolution. For example, Mega-Glalie should be a part Dark-Type because it looks menacing.
The Plot Surrounding Mewtwo: Mewtwo by flaw in design is a nuclear reactor, Blaine is handed off the remaining research detailing Mewtwo's genetic structure. Fuji goes back into the burning and torn apart labs , the entrance is blocked with debris before Blaine can stop him.They were using the money Giovanni had for pet projects, and their own research. At least until Fuji came along. More for self gain. Blaine has no direct ties to team rocket in this universe. At least in the beginning. I do have plans to have Blaine join the remnants of team rocket as a scientist developing the new corrupted version of the mega ring. Mewtwo's design was broken since the focus of the project was shifted from being a clone of mew, to being the powerhouse Giovanni wanted. Killing two birds with one stone.The prototype mega ring that's re purposed as a power amplifier to create a permanent mega state with rising state of power. the ring causes damage to the Pokemon if used for too long due to it forcing a large amount of power out of the Pokemon to make the state possible.While the original ring is more of a key to unlocking that evolution, this is more of an item that forces that breaks that door open.So Mewtwo alongside his lack of control over his power, and the ring only forcing this unrefined power out of his body in such large quantities and rate, is driving him crazy and it plays into the reality that he can have a literal "meltdown" that could destroy the whole region. He already is an energy reactor due to his body containing so much untapped power, he can't control it at his own base level. It's just the fact that if he has too much of it a given time in his imperfect state, he can quite literally implode due to the device stressing his "power level" beyond his bodies comprehension. 2 Mega Stones:The mega stone we can touch on that he's using was made by man, and other was a natural stone that came into existence in nature.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoomDoom

The one who Dooms
Years
Hey!
Just a tip here, try to make the text here more presentable, it looks like a Wall of text and its just not really atractive to read.

Apart from that, the idea does look interesting, and I would love to see some of those new features, quite interested in the Eggs or the Romance System.

Back