• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cute Pokemon Club ♬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Have you ever kept a Pokemon unevolved because you thought its current stage was cuter? Does cuteness factor into your team-making decisions?

I'm not really that kind of player, since I try to evolve something when I can. However, if I want to leave something cute unevolved, I'd just catch another one of the same species and leave that one the way it is. Although not technically my game, in Diamond I did have a Roselia that was left unevolved, because my brother hated Roserade's design.

Jell

Hands off my numnums
    Years
  • ooo this seems like my kind of thread!

Username: Jell
    Partner: Elekid
    Which baby Pokemon do you think is cutest?

ELEKID uwu

Years
  • Hi loves! Welcome. :3

Elekid is one of the cutest baby Pokemon - I adore it. You've good taste, Jell!

Yeah! In my runthrough of HG I chose to keep my Aipom unevolved. Aipom has a really cute design whereas I don't think Ambipom is anywhere near as cute. Although Ambipom is definitely more powerful, I stuck with Aipom and at the end of the day its design made up for its lack of strength :P I do tend to go for cuter Pokemon in teams than more menacing Pokemon.

Oh, I actually did the same. Aipom is one of my favorite small Pokemon and while I like its evolution it just isn't as cute as Aipom for sure, heh.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Username: Disolia
    Partner: Mawile
    Answer a topic:
    Question: Have you ever kept a Pokemon unevolved because you thought its current stage was cuter? Does cuteness factor into your team-making decisions?
    Answer: Yessum! Every now in then I'll get attached to a non-evolved form a Pokemon and will refuse to evolve it despite the obvious benefits. In the latest generation of the franchise (X) I actually beat the game using my non-evolved Fennekin because I became overly attached to his present state. Though I find that the case is not dependent strictly on cuteness, but also upon how much I'm attached to the Pokemon at the current time.

Years
  • I can't believe we're almost at 90 members. Time really does fly!

Disolia, that is really awesome. I'd totally never evolve my Fennekin and go through the game that way as it seems really fun and challenging. When I restart X I'll probably have an unevolved cute team to tackle the story with.

Archer, that's understandable as well! Are there any fully-evolved Pokemon you find cute? o:

Years
  • Archer, that's understandable as well! Are there any fully-evolved Pokemon you find cute? o:

ambipom.gif

I know one that comes to mind - Ambipom. I've heard people think this monkey is creepy but it's actually really cute, and with Technician it can hit pretty hard along with having the movepool to use it well. I really do miss Dawn's Ambipom in the anime, I was like so sad when she let it go to be with that Pokemon Ping Pong guy.

meowstic.gif
    meowstic-f.gif

And there's also Meowstic. I knew Espurr was already adorable and this thing is just as cute as their pre-evolution. Both gender forms do look adorable, but I think the male one captures the "cute" image a bit more than the female. Still, it's a cute Pokemon I definitely had fun using in X & Y.

And wow 90 members? I can only imagine the celebration when we get to 100 members.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • YA LETS GET TOO 100!
    Anyone mind if i start a chain of subjects haha i do actually have a question.
    Who is the cutest unova pokemon you've seen? And top 3?
    For me:
    1: Zorua
    570.gif

2: Emolga
    587.gif

3. Deerling
    585.gif

So what are yours!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Joltik takes the cake easily!

It's an adorable electric bug with a really warm and vibrant design. For me it's one of the best aesthetically pleasing Unova pokemon created, while also contending one of my spots for 'favourite pokemon of all time' alongside some other random ten. How can a person not love Joltik? The smallest pokemon of all time, an adorable ball of electric fuzz, shockingly cool typing, a great colour scheme and a heap of other things I could list and fangirl about all day. Joltik's definitely my top pick here and will probably remain so for quite a while. <3

My second place was only a little ahead of my third but I personally thought that Lillipup was a cute addition as well. I'm sure that the dog pokemon idea has been done many times in the past but I feel like they still designed a really great pokemon this time around. It's also creates some sort of relationship between real life and video games with it being something I can relate to realistically. If they're realistic or I can think of something I've seen before that reminds me of them, then they generally earn my approval. (though to be fair, almost all pokemon fit under this criteria) Regardless, it has such an adorable face and I love dogs. Whether it be real life or pokemon. <3

Third probably goes to Mincinnio! I don't have the energy to explain another pokemon in depth but I'll say that chinchillas are absolutely adorable and they've done a great job of recreating one. :)

So basically my top three would be:
    595.png

506.png

572.png

Also heck yeah. I love Altaria and Dragonite, they're both cute. <3

Years
  • Ambipom is so cute. ;w; Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one but it's awesome hearing that's not the case. He's on my to-breed list, though I admit I do have trouble evolving Aipom sometimes. I find it to be adorable too.

Ah gosh Unova has some great 'mons! Here are some of my favorites:

494.gif
    572.gif
    587.gif

I find these guys irresistibly precious. But other Pokemon from Unova I find cute are Lillipup, Cinccino, Whimsicott, Audino.. the list can go on forever. Joltik is cute as well, almost surprised it slipped my mind as I was writing this!

Dog Pokemon usually aren't my favorites but Lillipup took my heart instantly. When I saw it in the anime episode where Ash was about to challenge Lenora I just knew it was meant to be on my team at some point.. but that hasn't happened yet. Perhaps now is a good time to get breeding! :D

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • Username - IndianCharizard#

Partner - happiny

Answer a topic - which baby pokemon do you think is the cutest- well for me there are two, togepi and happiny, there voice and faces are so cute when you look at them.

Years
  • Hi Charizard! Good to have you here, welcome. ^_^

Happiny and Togepi are very cute. I have a hard time choosing between the babies but Smoochum really seemed to grow on me over time.

Guess I'll start a new topic based on ORAS being out. Which Hoenn starter do you find to be cutest?

Years
  • Figured I'd try and answer two topics this time.

Which Hoenn starter do you find to be cutest?

MUDKIP! Like seriously, how can you not love the little guy's happy face? It acts cute in pretty much whatever appearance it's in, whether it'd be games, anime or even fanart, Mudkip was pretty much the Hoenn starter that won me over and that's why I'll always be picking it in every Hoenn game I play.

Who is the cutest Unova Pokemon you've seen? And top 3?

5th Gen was full of cuties, so it's really hard picking a Top 3, but here's who I narrowed it down to:

oshawott.gif
    gothita.gif
    vanillite.gif

Oshawott is my fave Pokemon, so it always gets onto these lists. Gothita has very adorable eyes and it somehow even keeps its cuteness as a Gothorita (Gothitelle isn't as cute, but I've seen it acting cute in the anime), and Vanillite has that really adorable face, which seems to carry on with its whole evolution line.

Notable mentions have to be Joltik, Audino, Victini, Minccino, Scraggy, Zorua, Emolga, Tepig, Snivy, Cottonee line, Petilil line, Sewaddle line, Solosis line, Litwick, Elgyem, Cubchoo, the list pretty much goes on...

Years
  • Torchic is insanely cute with Mudkip a close second and Treecko coming in last since I find it more cool than cute. Too bad Torchic's evolutions take away any semblance of cuteness it ever had.. D:

And I'm surprised there are others besides me who find Vanillite cute! I absolutely adore that little guy. How about Petilil though?
    548.gif
    Awee.

Tek

Years
  • Whoa you can't just drop a Petilil like that! Lol adorable.

My faves would be Gothita and Zorua. Joltik's pretty cute, too.

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I'd have to say gothita, joltic, and oshawott are some of my favorite cute Unova mons.

Cutest Hoenn starter? Mudkip. Mudkip all the way.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Username: Theres no Shaymin it
    Partner: Shaymin (LOL)
    Answer a topic: Which type has the cutest pokemon?
    Normal types, of course! They're all so short and adorable! And a lot of them are pink! :D
    Welcome to the club love ur choice so unpredictable lol :3 Shaymin is definately cute though its like adorbs level 1000! <3

Cutest hoenn starter? Thats a tough one because theyre like the cutest in my mind haha.
    Id have to go with mudkip though its just so dang cute <3
    What are u gonna say to this face? <3
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Welcome, Shaymin! Your choice of a partner is so awesome. I'd love to own a shiny Shaymin sometime, the teal goes together so well and it's too cute.

And haha we have quite a lot of Mudkip fans here. I like him quite a lot myself! What do you all think of the shiny forms of the Hoenn starters? Cute or no? Which one is the best? :3

treecko.gif
    torchic-f.gif
    mudkip.gif

Do you have any of these?

Years
  • And haha we have quite a lot of Mudkip fans here. I like him quite a lot myself! What do you all think of the shiny forms of the Hoenn starters? Cute or no? Which one is the best? :3

treecko.gif
    torchic-f.gif
    mudkip.gif

I think the cutest-looking one there would have to be Torchic. The inverted colors really complement each other and I admit it's even more better than the non-shiny Torchic. Treecko looks a bit creepy as a shiny though, and the purple doesn't really go as well with Mudkip.

That's just what I think, but opinions are opinions.

Dedenne1

Years
  • Welcome, Shaymin! Your choice of a partner is so awesome. I'd love to own a shiny Shaymin sometime, the teal goes together so well and it's too cute.

And haha we have quite a lot of Mudkip fans here. I like him quite a lot myself! What do you all think of the shiny forms of the Hoenn starters? Cute or no? Which one is the best? :3

treecko.gif
    torchic-f.gif
    mudkip.gif

Torchic with its new coloring is too cute <3
    Then id say mudkip then Treeko mudkip is pretty cute in purple :3
    I have all 3 in shiny form with their HA and 6ivs lol KB as well haha it was a personal goal ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back