• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen pokemon black 2 team help

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm going to guess that you didn't pick Tepig as your starter, since that would have given you Emboar (Fire/Fighting).

You could do Scraggy -> Scrafty, who's a really great Pokemon. Depending on where you are in the game, you could do Mienfoo or Sawk (I have a preference for Sawk).

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
    Years
  • Alright. I'll assume you still don't have Skarmory, because (correct me if i'm wrong) it is only encountered for the first time outside the Reversal Mountain after the 6th Gym. It is a pretty solid Flying-type, and definitely a good addition to your team.

For fighting types, i'd say Tepig's final form, Emboar. Be cautious that the only Fighting move it learns through level-up is Arm Thrust, which might be good, but when you keep it for a long time, it doesn't really damage anything else so much. You might want to cover that with Hammer Arm, which can be taught to Emboar in the Move Reminder in the PWT (Driftveil City). You can also get Superpower from the Blue Shard Move Tutor (Lentimas Town).

If you are playing in the DS and have someone to Trade, you can actually get Conkeldurr. Sure, Gurdurr is already rather good, but it does get better.

As Astinus said, Scrafty is excellent. I myself have used one on my best White 2 team and i do NOT, by any means, regret it. He might take some time to evolve from Scraggy, but it gets many great moves. I suggest packing Ice Punch on it, as it is Flying-type coverage. Scrafty is immune to Psychic, thanks to its Dark additional typing, but in return, it is weak to Fighting types. Don't worry about its Fighting type weakness too much, though.

Heracross. This bountiful Bug type can be found in the Lostlorn Forest east of Nimbasa City. The possible only bad thing is that this Pokémon only has a 5% chance to be found, so you'll be in there a while. But oh boy is it worth it. I personally never used it. But the moves it gets access to, like Megahorn, Close Combat and Shadow Claw (Acknowledge that Close Combat is obtained at level 34, and Megahorn at 46), along with others like Earthquake (TM Only), Stone Edge and others.

Mienshao. I personally never used it, but i'd like to, someday. It gets access to things like Hi Jump Kick, U-Turn, Bounce, Aura Sphere and Rock Slide, but its downside is, it evolves pretty late (Level 50), and it learns its good moves late aswell (Hi Jump Kick at 56 and Aura Sphere at 70).

Sawk and Throh. While Throh has some great HP and good Attack but bad Speed, and Sawk has great Attack and good Speed, i'd say Throh if you want a tanky fighter, but Sawk if you want an offensive fighter. I've never used both also.

I would count in Toxicroak, but he's only post-game, sooo...

That is all i have to offer to you. Unless you like to use legendaries, there's Terrakion, Virizion and Keldeo. I did not suggest Cobalion because you already have a Steel-type. Hope i helped, and have a great playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2018
    Do note that Keldeo is unobtainable unless you action replay due to it being a event only pokemon.

Back