• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eventing a book you can flip through

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I have searched the wiki, example maps, the forum and RMXP community but did not find a satisfying answer to this question: how can you set up an event to create transitions between full-screen pictures? (It should look like a "book" or a "movie").

It should go like this:

Code:
    Show Picture A 
    If the player press -->, go to Picture B
    	Show Picture B
    	If the player press -->, go to Picture C (and repeat...)
    	If the player press <--, go to Picture A
    	If the player press X, cancel
    If the player press X, cancel

My issue is twofold; first, if you don't display any text the picture will just be skipped... So I need a way to "stop" or pause event processing while displaying the picture and to wait for the player input. How do you do that in an event?
    Second, I need to set up the condition, and the wiki script "if Input.trigger?(Input::C)" is not working for me.

Right now I'm simply using a choice selection to overcome those issues, but as I really would like to get it working without text or window, I wonder if someone has a better idea. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Here's what I've done, which seems to work without flaws.
    Spoiler:

The command waits for the player to press the Z button I believe.
    Spoiler:

This command stops all activity until the Z button is pressed much like the previous command, but this one brings up two pictures, one after the other.

Back