• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Item description "is not a positive integer" when compiling items.txt

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    I've added a mega ring item according to the wiki's instructions, then added a Venusaurite item. When I run the game after adding mega ring, no problem. After adding Venusaurite and I run the game, this error shows up :(

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Field An item that prevents weak wild Pokémon from appearing for 100 steps after its use. is not a positive integer
    File PBS/items.txt, line 1

Compiler:411:in `csvPosInt!'
    Compiler:488:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
    Compiler:484:in `each'
    Compiler:484:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
    Compiler:1606:in `pbCompileItems'
    Compiler:1605:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:265:in `each_line'
    Compiler:265:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:262:in `open'
    Compiler:262:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

plz help.

Years
  • I've added a mega ring item according to the wiki's instructions, then added a Venusaurite item. When I run the game after adding mega ring, no problem. After adding Venusaurite and I run the game, this error shows up :(

Exception: RuntimeError
    Message: Field An item that prevents weak wild Pokémon from appearing for 100 steps after its use. is not a positive integer
    File PBS/items.txt, line 1

Compiler:411:in `csvPosInt!'
    Compiler:488:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
    Compiler:484:in `each'
    Compiler:484:in `pbGetCsvRecord'
    Compiler:1606:in `pbCompileItems'
    Compiler:1605:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:265:in `each_line'
    Compiler:265:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'
    Compiler:262:in `open'
    Compiler:262:in `pbCompilerEachCommentedLine'

plz help.
    You have to update items.txt according to version 16 of Pokémon Essentials. Since when this update is released, in fact, the names are also plural.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2018
    Oh! I copied and pasted the green shard item from items.txt and made it Venusaurite. It worked then. Thanks for the help......

Back